Gatzby

SquadChat - 5 - Ft Irontaxi (6/8/2018 @ 10 am PT)

Hey all!

We're going to be doing another SquadChat tomorrow at 10 am Pacific Time. (about 22 hours from now.) Joining me will be Irontaxi, the very reason Offworld Industries exist. We'd love for you to join us to chat with Taxi and get your questions answered. You'll find the stream at http://twitch.tv/joinsquad, and we'll be sure to archive it on Youtube on the SquadChat playlist.

See you tomorrow!

Great work on SquadChat, Gatzby! Every bit of communication helps! So cool to see/hear Devs sharing their vision and talking about incoming feats.

Small suggestion: maybe introduce mute button for yourself when using keyboard? Correct me if i'm wrong, you are using mechanical keyboard? It can make some noise and overlap with devs answers. It's very nice that you are all over the place even during stream (answering in chats) so wouldn't want to change that :)  No biggie, just a small thing that might improve on quality of stream.

10 hours ago, Disco said:

Great work on SquadChat, Gatzby! Every bit of communication helps! So cool to see/hear Devs sharing their vision and talking about incoming feats.

Small suggestion: maybe introduce mute button for yourself when using keyboard? Correct me if i'm wrong, you are using mechanical keyboard? It can make some noise and overlap with devs answers. It's very nice that you are all over the place even during stream (answering in chats) so wouldn't want to change that :)  No biggie, just a small thing that might improve on quality of stream.

Correct, yep. Been working on minimizing that (part of what caused the brief lack of audio at the start). I'd hoped it wouldn't pick up with press to talk, but I think OBS still snarfs some microphone input regardless. Getting a good mute setup is likely the next best step though -- was hoping something automated would work so I wouldn't have to manage it mid-stream. I do have a hardware cutoff on the mic boom I could use, but then ya'll get to see me playing with my face constantly.

Here's the archived steam on Youtube, where it shall live forever: 

Very nice interview. I'm glad that Taxi and the other devs were able to make Squad a success.

I'm also wondering what those "secret projects to increase the longevity of Squad" are...

36 minutes ago, fatalsushi said:

I'm also wondering what those "secret projects to increase the longevity of Squad" are...

SQUAD SINGLE PLAYER!!!! :D