Sign in to follow this  
Para94

Improvements to vic system

I play quiet a lot vehicles and there are a few changes coming to my mind apart from improving the physics. Like 40 Tons dont flip because of a small stone in front of them or a tracked vehicle doesnt need nearly the same distance to stop like a wheeled

1. Reevaluate the ticket count of vehicles. The V11.1 changes made it on the one hand more easy to know how much a vic is worth. And they seem pretty balanced against the TOW and Tandem heavy at. But if you see the tickets compared to vic-vic combat a warrior should be worth far more than 25 Tickets compared to the 20 tickets of the 30mm btr. Yes with the right tactics you can take out a warrior with the 30mm but it is with no tactics super easy to take out a btr 30mm with a warrior. 

I know the System is definitely not finalized yet but I would give the warrior at least 30 tickets. 

2. Add an Info screen like you had in PR which shows the vehicle types of both teams active on this layer and also their respected Ticket value. I mean most veteran vehicle Crews know it anyway and if you play a new or a layer you havent played for a longer time period it just helps you to know what you are up against. 

3. Add proper vehicle keybindings. Like Binding the smoke to a custom key. Maybe even encooperate the System from Post scriptum and bind the coaxial gun to right mouse instead of switching to it. This may be a quality of live improvent but would help a lot with all the vehicles having smoke bound to a different number and so on. Especially with tanks and presumably more apcs coming this would really help out. 

your first point about vehicle tickets has been discussed many times in other threads, even one to remove them from ticket count and limit vehicles.

No one really cares about the ticket cost until the last 40 tickets and by then its usually game over ... 

seems fair to have some sort of bind but are you suggesting that the vehicle screen shows the active enemy vehicles too?  that seems like a little to much info 

no not active vehicles. Only the vehicles that exist on the map. So for example for Fools road v3 it would be sth like this:

US                                                                    Russain                                           

Stryker 3x                                                       BTR 80 2x

MTLB 30mm 1x
Logi 2x                                                            Logi 2x

Transport 1x                                                  Transport 1x

Edited by Para94

1 hour ago, Para94 said:

no not active vehicles. Only the vehicles that exist on the map. So for example for Fools road v3 it would be sth like this:

US                                                                    Russain                                           

Stryker 3x                                                       BTR 80 2x

MTLB 30mm 1x
Logi 2x                                                            Logi 2x

Transport 1x                                                  Transport 1x

Are you suggesting that this information comes for free? With out any recon? Doesn't seem realistic to have access to this information unless I am misunderstanding your point.

Edited by Gnarleus

3 hours ago, Gnarleus said:

Are you suggesting that this information comes for free? With out any recon? Doesn't seem realistic to have access to this information unless I am misunderstanding your point.

Yes unrealistic but then again this is a game and especially as veteran I know it on most (80-90%) of the layers anyways. So it's not like it is sth totally new as it is always the same on the layer. 

This is mostly for the 10-20% I don't know it... 
Now think you might have not 500+ hours in the game and you are playing against experienced players. This gives you a disadvantage. And anyways tbh there might be only rare cases where this really helps but then again as it is sth that isn't changing randomly it gives some more experienced players an advantage in some cases over someone that might "only" 300-400 hours or hasnt played the layer for a longer time period. 

I don't know about #1 and #3 but as for:

On 6/7/2018 at 8:35 AM, Para94 said:

2. Add an Info screen like you had in PR which shows the vehicle types of both teams active on this layer and also their respected Ticket value. I mean most veteran vehicle Crews know it anyway and if you play a new or a layer you havent played for a longer time period it just helps you to know what you are up against.

It shouldn't be per layer, information of ALL vehicle assets (and Radio) and their ticket cost should always be available. This will be extremely useful for everyone not only newbies. I, myself sometimes get confused between MTLB, BRDM, Scout Car, MRAP, MATV, etc....or between updates the devs tweek the cost of a few things and im here stuck in the old ways....

#UNIFORMITY 

I have yet to hear a valid reasoning AGAINST putting asset description & cost available to read on all maps from previous threads...

So just for clarity sake because I think i'm still confused about your suggestion. If you're in a match and a vehicle gets destroyed what happens in your suggestion? Does your suggestion influence this element like would there be a section of information on the map showing the vehicle had been destroyed or does your suggestion not influence this aspect?

To clarify:
It shows the vehicles that are available at the beginning of the round and it won't change if a vic gets destroyed or whatever. It only shows how many of each vehicle spawn.