DanielNL

Bipods in windows please

Please make it possible to deploy bipods in the windows (on Village Flag on Fools Road for example)

You can often do it by crouching and looking upwards. There are very few windows that this will not work on.

5 minutes ago, suds said:

You can often do it by crouching and looking upwards. There are very few windows that this will not work on.

Should be fixed correctly hopefully instead of some bootleg fix

i like it as it is. crouching inside window then popping up, works great.

5 hours ago, suds said:

i like it as it is. crouching inside window then popping up, works great.

While that does work it's clearly a workaround and shouldn't be the final system for bipods.

It's something that the player can't intuit, they need to either accidentally do it once then remember or be told it by a third party.

We are still on the first iteration of bipods though so I'm sure there will be many tweaks in the future.

i agree that they can be frustrating which clearly needs fixing but they are sooo powerful already.

1. make them easier and more powerful?
  2. or limit the deployment further?
  3. or make then undeploy if you go beyond possible angles? This makes sense if there is some indication that this is about to happen. Currently we just get blocked. Perhaps rather than undeploying completely just make them drag noisily across the ground with harsh accuracy penalties. As if you have lifted it without folding the legs.

oh and embec, i am declaring myself king of scotland. i trust this is acceptable :) please let people know.

Suds ... I am on 

2 hours ago, suds said:

oh and embec, i am declaring myself king of scotland. i trust this is acceptable :) please let people know.

There can only be one king of Scotland you will need to fight with Sean Connery for that, as every Scotsman that has ever lived even before Connery, is related to Connery.

2 hours ago, suds said:

i agree that they can be frustrating which clearly needs fixing but they are sooo powerful already.

1. make them easier and more powerful?
  2. or limit the deployment further?
  3. or make then undeploy if you go beyond possible angles? This makes sense if there is some indication that this is about to happen. Currently we just get blocked. Perhaps rather than undeploying completely just make them drag noisily across the ground with harsh accuracy penalties. As if you have lifted it without folding the legs.

I dont think they are that easy... its just where you would think you could put them you cant .. on windows, walls, crates, barrels, rocks ... ground... dont get me wrong I love a bipod but I have died more times faffing about trying to get it hooked on a wall, running up and down, doing the bipod squat, the turn that always seems to stop just before the point you want to aim..then..bang.. one shot dead ....

Yeah bipods are meant to make things easy, not hard for the role which has them available. Apart from their limitations on windows, they are hard to be properly used on SLIGHTLY uneven ground. There's this magical invisible wall that prevent the user from using their full field of view, just try them and you'll see "WHY CAN'T I TURN UGHHH"

I agree that they should be used on windows more easily. If a particular window/set of windows are not to be used with bipods, the mappers can simply add railings of some sort to block their use. Just an idea :) 

20130508152950761.jpg