Kiwik

Poll: Which faction would you like next? (Multiple answers, Unofficial, updated)

Poll: Which faction would you like next? (Unofficial, updated)  

223 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction would you like to see coming next?

• Armée de Terre (France)
    • Deutsches Heer (Germany)
    • Esercito Italiano (Italy)
    • Wojsko Polskie (Poland)
    • Other European armies ( Finland, Norway, Austria, etc...)
    • People's Liberation Army (China)
    • Republic of Korea Armed Forces (South Korea)
    • Korean People's Army (North Korea)
    • Japan Self-Defense Forces (Japan)
    • Indian Army (India)
    • other Asian armies (Taïwan, Indonesia, Thailand, Pakistan, etc...)
    • Australian Army (Australia)
    • Canadian Army (Canada)
    • Exército Brasileiro (Brazil)
    • Ejército Argentino (Argentina)
    • Other South-american armies (Colombia, Perù, etc...)
    • Israel Defense Forces (Israel)
    • Egyptian Army (Egypt)
    • Türk Kara Kuvvetleri (Turkey)
    • Other African/Middle-eastern armies (Algeria, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, etc...)

Honestly, as long as they don't use AK or M4 variants, than I'm fine with it. It's such a great news that in THREEWEEKS we will have FALs for even the puny medics.

Edited by Noobgamer

On 8/4/2018 at 3:04 PM, NelsonH said:

the classic BF2 factions plus classic PR's... Germany, MEC(Middle Eastern Forces), Chinese, and I actually also selected the JSDF(Japan) because we could have some "Chinese invasion of Japan" or something like that which would fit right into an Invasion mode and the JSDF for being so small is much more unique then boring ol Canada and Australia...no offense, just Canada has pretty much the SAME weapons as the US and if it isnt US it's German or Belgian, and Australia has the same weapons as the US and Germany... heck even the Australian and Canadian vehicles are pretty much all German or US of origin. Honestly if they add Canada or Australia before GER/MEC/CN that would be a total fail on OWI's part because we dont need a US/UK 2.0, we have enough Western/Quasi Western forces right now.

JSDF standard weapons would be
(Standard)Type 89's which are pretty cool
(Pistol) another German pistol, typical for NATO forces
(Automatic Rifleman) Same as UK faction (Minimi) OR NTK Type 62
(Machine Gun) NTK Type 62 OR NTK Type 74
(Marksman Rifle) HOWA Type 64
(Light Antitank) Howa 84RR(84mm Recoiless Rifle, designed by Sweden)
(Heavy Antitank) IHI Aerospace 110mm (Panzerfaust 3, designed by Germany)
(Grenadier) uses Type 89 with a rifle grenade similar to the M1 Garand in Post Scriptum

A lot more interesting then Canada's "USA 2.0" or Australia's German AUG(F88) with the other stuff still being LAW's, M203 grenadiers, and minimi's which the UK/US faction has in this game already.

I never understood how in PR there were 20+ factions but with half of them being pretty much copies of a different faction, just with a different uniform, they added 4-6 insurgent factions why no cool and fresh JSDF?

The PLA would only bring limited new assets to the game, as some of their troops still use the old AKM variants, and that some of their IFV/APC are still of the BMP variants. Even their Type 95 adopts RU-style scopes.

On the other hand, everything from the Franch army would be new and unique.

On 10/23/2018 at 4:02 AM, Noobgamer said:

The PLA would only bring limited new assets to the game, as some of their troops still use the old AKM variants, and that some of their IFV/APC are still of the BMP variants. Even their Type 95 adopts RU-style scopes.

On the other hand, everything from the Franch army would be new and unique.

The French Army would make a lot of sense (one of the most powerful military in the world, and Europe). But a mod for the Légion Étrangère is currently being worked on, so I don't know if the devs really want to allocate resources for such a faction.

Who knows, maybe they'll add it to the game. Maybe they will have some sort of partnership like they did with periscope games for Post Scriptum. (I do hope not as it would divide the playerbase and all)

On 10/23/2018 at 12:32 PM, Noobgamer said:

Australia's German AUG(F88)

I know what you're trying to say but we're not that generic you know we also have the HK417, Mk48 and AW50F then you got the Carl Gustav, Javelin etc multiculturalism at it's finest in Australia, our small arms are from all over the place xD 

Edited by Twizted
spelling

If we're going by metric of unique vehicles we'd have to include South Africa. As they have a ton of indigenous vehicles.

I would love to see a Korean map with the KPA and ROKA. I don't know why that theater is so underrepresented.

The most simple and necessary faction to add is an Arab regular army, though, so that there can be conventional battles that aren't against Russians.

Please add Israeli Defence Forces... It's what made PR great and it can also make this game great. Israel's military equipment would be all new and refreshing except for an M16 variant here and there. You got Jericho's, TAR's, UZI's, Negev LMG, etc. Merkava tanks, their modified versions of MRAPs etc, I beg you guys to add them so the game can have more middle eastern battles in the game as it feels like it's only focused on USA vs. Russia

Ultimately a more generic faction not associated with any particular real life government, country or group would make way more sense for inclusion into the game. Not only that, it would be even better if the faction was visually generic enough to cover a couple of similar environments on different continents. And logically the only environment missing from the game is a Jungle biome.

This way you give the faction some olive drab, woodland & tiger stripe uniforms, call them something like the "Cartel", give them a flag with palm trees and a sword etc. and then they crossover into the jungles of Africa, South/Central America and S.E. Asia.

I feel like the hardest part of adding any new faction into Squad is giving them unique weapons, equipment & vehicles that don't already overlap with the existing factions and make them distinctive and stand apart.

Not really a faction...more of a mod. ****Squad Vietnam****. Wouldn't take to much effort on US side (camo / add M14/M16 variants, maybe a 870 shotgun) and a South east Asian faction with AK variants / RPG's ect.

Hell just make a sort of PMC faction as a stand-in for factions under development. Would also scratch some peoples blufor on blufor itch if they happen to get that.

I feel like instead of China you could have a fictional East-Asian faction, like some regional union of a few countries.