Kiwik

Poll: Which faction would you like next? (Multiple answers, Unofficial, updated)

Poll: Which faction would you like next? (Unofficial, updated)  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction would you like to see coming next?

• Armée de Terre (France)
    • Deutsches Heer (Germany)
    • Esercito Italiano (Italy)
    • Wojsko Polskie (Poland)
    • Other European armies ( Finland, Norway, Austria, etc...)
    • People's Liberation Army (China)
    • Republic of Korea Armed Forces (South Korea)
    • Korean People's Army (North Korea)
    • Japan Self-Defense Forces (Japan)
    • Indian Army (India)
    • other Asian armies (Taïwan, Indonesia, Thailand, Pakistan, etc...)
    • Australian Army (Australia)
    • Canadian Army (Canada)
    • Exército Brasileiro (Brazil)
    • Ejército Argentino (Argentina)
    • Other South-american armies (Colombia, Perù, etc...)
    • Israel Defense Forces (Israel)
    • Egyptian Army (Egypt)
    • Türk Kara Kuvvetleri (Turkey)
    • Other African/Middle-eastern armies (Algeria, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, etc...)

YPG/YPJ would be an great faction to add!.

The Kurdish female fighters of YPJ would also attract lots of females to play Squad too, it's a win-win.

They fought tooth and nail against ISIS, and liberated many cities from them. Although, they're a militia they are powerful enough to take down the Syrian government if they wanted. It would be great if they were added

Personally, for the next faction I don’t want another European army. Instead, I’d like a “Baathist” faction, essentially a conventional middle eastern faction based around the former Iraqi Army and today’s Syrian Arab Army. With Basrah already in-game, plus Fallujah and Tallil in development, there will be a sufficient amount of Desert themed maps that would fit such a faction. 

Small Arms: 

Handguns: Makarov PM, CZ-75

Tank Crew Weapons: Skorpion vz. 61, AKS-74U

Assault Rifles: AKM, AKMS, Type 56, vz.58, PM md. 63/65, Zastava M70

LMG: RPK

GPMG: Zastava M84, PKM

Sniper Rifle: Tabuk, SVDS

Rocket Launchers: RPG-7, RPG-29

Grenade Launcher: GP-25

Grenades: F-1 AP Grenade 

Heavy Weapons: 

Mortar: 60mm M70 “Al-Jaleel”

HMG: DShK

Recoilless Rifle: SPG-9

Anti-Tank Missile: MILAN

Vehicles: 

Armoured Vehicles would be important because several would be Chinese exports, meaning less work once the PLA faction is developed. I believe the Baathist Army should have:

Trucks: ZiL-131

MBTs: Type 69, T-72A, Lion of Babylon

AFV/IFVs: BMP-1, BMP-2, MT-LB with ZU-23 gun

APCs: BTR-60, MT-LB and Chinese Type 63

MLRS: GAZ-66 truck with 81mm rocket launcher

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Cup Of Tea said:

Personally, for the next faction I don’t want another European army. Instead, I’d like a “Baathist” faction, essentially a conventional middle eastern faction based around the former Iraqi Army and today’s Syrian Arab Army. With Basrah already in-game, plus Fallujah and Tallil in development, there will be a sufficient amount of Desert themed maps that would fit such a faction. 

Small Arms: 

Handguns: Makarov PM, CZ-75

Tank Crew Weapons: Skorpion vz. 61, AKS-74U

Assault Rifles: AKM, AKMS, Type 56, vz.58, PM md. 63/65, Zastava M70

LMG: RPK

GPMG: Zastava M84, PKM

Sniper Rifle: Tabuk, SVDS

Rocket Launchers: RPG-7, RPG-29

Grenade Launcher: GP-25

Grenades: F-1 AP Grenade 

Heavy Weapons: 

Mortar: 60mm M70 “Al-Jaleel”

HMG: DShK

Recoilless Rifle: SPG-9

Anti-Tank Missile: MILAN

Vehicles: 

Armoured Vehicles would be important because several would be Chinese exports, meaning less work once the PLA faction is developed. I believe the Baathist Army should have:

Trucks: ZiL-131

MBTs: Type 69, T-72A, Lion of Babylon

AFV/IFVs: BMP-1, BMP-2, MT-LB with ZU-23 gun

APCs: BTR-60, MT-LB and Chinese Type 63

MLRS: GAZ-66 truck with 81mm rocket launcher

A great enemy faction against the Ba'athist Iraqi army ( which was incredibly powerful my uncle was unfortunately conscripted in it) is the Kurdish Peshmerga who was fighting a brutal and bloody guerilla movement against them in the Kurdistan mountains at the time. It would be an amazing map full of mountains, and the Iraqi ba'athists would have to encounter constant ambushes by the lightly armed Peshmerga guerillas who were highly effective.

Here's how the fighting unfolded back in the 1980s! Would be an amazing add these 2 factions. Most my family were Peshmergas back in the day against Saddams ba'athist army, so if any modder decides to go with this and needs help with the uniforms, weaponary etc. please feel free to message me

Edited by Kurdish_Hazard

My view is that the more variety, the better. As such, whilst I'd happily see anything added, the best option would be one that would be interesting and allow for new kit, even new tactical identity and an easy way to jsutify a wider range of locales to fight in. I mean Germany and France are both substantial and interesting and France in particular fight in places others don't sometimes. I'd be interested to see Australia, Brazil or India, actually. Just a little left of field but interesting.

I would like to see France Army because they get every time lost in Games like Squad.

On 2018/6/6 at 7:05 PM, thebiglez said:

i doubt china is possible so im for any asian faction (japan, korea etc) 

Actually a China vs Japan will be a good background.Or North Korea vs. South Korea. A historical map will also be excited.

17 hours ago, TheRed said:

My view is that the more variety, the better. As such, whilst I'd happily see anything added, the best option would be one that would be interesting and allow for new kit, even new tactical identity and an easy way to jsutify a wider range of locales to fight in. I mean Germany and France are both substantial and interesting and France in particular fight in places others don't sometimes. I'd be interested to see Australia, Brazil or India, actually. Just a little left of field but interesting.

I'd love to see France or Germany too, but since there is a big mod in the works (check out the French Foreign Legion by Squad Mod France: https://mod.squadfrance.fr/2018/06/12/work-in-progress-16-and-interview-of-3d-artist-anastasia/), maybe the devs would have a better time focusing on another army.
As for China, I'm afraid that it wouldn't be the best of ideas. The Chinese government has a history of not liking games that have a take at their army, even if it's not explicitly mentioned. I think a red flag with yellow stars would be more than enough to have it banned in China.
One way to do it would be to create an insurgent force set in China, and maybe the Chines army would be the good guys. Even so, that's thin ground to thread on, and it might be better to avoid it altogether.

As for Israel, I would enjoy it too, but until now the devs seem like they'd rather avoid factions too politically controversial (except maybe the US, arguably?), so there's that.

9 hours ago, [IN3]=4=ever said:

Actually a China vs Japan will be a good background.Or North Korea vs. South Korea. A historical map will also be excited.

Again, that's my interpretation, but the I don't know if the devs really want an actual/plausible conflict (althoug we do have US/UK vs Russia, but that's pretty remote).

PLA (China) or something in kind of MEC from PR would be a fresh wind for Squad :3

Posted (edited)

I would have most definitely had picked Iran. Why is it not in the list!!! The perfect faction because it could fight Insurgents, Militia, UK and US. A nice variety of weapons to pick from and some cool (outdated) AT gun platforms rather than tows etc. Would be a great addition. 

Please restart the list hahaha. How did you forget Iran? They''re always at war dude!

and Pakistan! :P

Edited by Quadro

I think we need more potential enemies with BTRs and T72s. MEC and China in PR are great examples. Fighting Taliban is getting a little boring. May be bringing in some cold war factions will be another options too. Czech and DDR are 2 good options too make. Vehicle model can be found in wargame RTS series and weapons are not that hard to encounter. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/16/2018 at 11:37 AM, Quadro said:

I would have most definitely had picked Iran. Why is it not in the list!!! The perfect faction because it could fight Insurgents, Militia, UK and US. A nice variety of weapons to pick from and some cool (outdated) AT gun platforms rather than tows etc. Would be a great addition. 

Please restart the list hahaha. How did you forget Iran? They''re always at war dude!

and Pakistan! :P

I didn't forget those countries, but the poll is limited to 20 entries :/
I picked the most powerful conventional military, and added some options like "Other".

Edited by Kiwik

United Nations Peacekeeping Operations: reskin conventional troops with blue helmets and give them massive ticket disadvantage :o 

or better

Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS): A multi-national African faction that has led campaigns against regional Islamists and juntas, frequently supported by NATO nations and UN Peacekeepers. Equipped with a mix of old US and Soviet weaponry and new NATO procurements. Mixed LAVs and technicals. Much like the Militia faction except in following international humanitarian law, do not use mines or IEDs. 

Posted (edited)

I voted Germany, because I would love to see Leo2A6 in game! However I would love to see another OPFOR faction, China would be good to see! Oh thought! How about a well equipped Central American Cartel?!

Edited by BlackDog1247

19 hours ago, BlackDog1247 said:

I voted Germany, because I would love to see Leo2A6 in game! However I would love to see another OPFOR faction, China would be good to see! Oh thought! How about a well equipped Central American Cartel?!

A cartel is actually a great idea! It would make it easier to introduce a new variety of biomes into the game (like the Hillantagaan jungle map, check it out!).

I've played on some jungle maps, and the feeling is awesome, and completely different that what we currently have :)

I could go for that style thing; only thing is that open conflict between conventional forces and cartels in full combat is relatively unusual. But I could certainly see something like a south america styled rebel / guerilla group in the style of FARC being pretty interesting and again useful in providing believable opposition in a range of new settings. Would be a perfect reason to really open up the map diversity - rainforest, favela suburbs, totally different feels for river / mountain climates etc.. Can seee that now. Rutted orange mud tracks, pitted with bright puddles, while lush greenery looms overhead beneath a deep blue sky... the trail snakes down into the valley below to join the brown line of a river that seems to steam in the humid sun...

Oh, and I'm sure this would be met with scorn from a clique of idiots, BUT whether you think this should be there as a matter of principle or are staunchly entrenched in realism but can see the commercial benefits to this, groups like FARC have had entirely competent and effective detachments of female soldiers. This would be a way to increase the inclusivity of the game without compromising realism.

Yeah, all those militias are already generically represented in Squad.  It is hard to represent an actual faction or nations in particular. What theater of war do you bring in that is realistic?

Israel, Palestinians, Syria, Iraq, Ukraine, NOKO, Vietnam, Spain Italy etc.... There better be a theme and a focus that could fit into a strategy game or SP story, in MP I'm not so sure it would be way different than what we have now.

The only scenario  that would be realistic is the ME region with all the nations involved, but the weaponry and the mapping is quite arduous and if well done would take a big commitment and a large team of modders

In PR i remember a map with Germany vs China, such an interesting match that is! Had some of my best games on there.

On 7/21/2018 at 8:49 PM, Shaldag said:

Yeah, all those militias are already generically represented in Squad.  It is hard to represent an actual faction or nations in particular. What theater of war do you bring in that is realistic?

Israel, Palestinians, Syria, Iraq, Ukraine, NOKO, Vietnam, Spain Italy etc.... There better be a theme and a focus that could fit into a strategy game or SP story, in MP I'm not so sure it would be way different than what we have now.

The only scenario  that would be realistic is the ME region with all the nations involved, but the weaponry and the mapping is quite arduous and if well done would take a big commitment and a large team of modders

You are right, the existing INS and Militia forces can basically hold for all of these irregular forces.

That being said, not every conflict has to be realistic in Squad: right now we have US vs RUS matches, and such, which are not grounded in any real war.

US/RU/GB vs irregular is also unrealistic. "Security Force"-type factions really are a glaring omission for both PR and Squad. Those are the folks who actually face any and all high casualty fighting, which would be completely unacceptable for the major world factions to take directly.

On 7/27/2018 at 5:01 PM, Good-Try Greg said:

US/RU/GB vs irregular is also unrealistic. "Security Force"-type factions really are a glaring omission for both PR and Squad. Those are the folks who actually face any and all high casualty fighting, which would be completely unacceptable for the major world factions to take directly.

It could be interesting to have a 'Mercenaries" faction, tbh
Private contractors and such.

Posted (edited)

the classic BF2 factions plus classic PR's... Germany, MEC(Middle Eastern Forces), Chinese, and I actually also selected the JSDF(Japan) because we could have some "Chinese invasion of Japan" or something like that which would fit right into an Invasion mode and the JSDF for being so small is much more unique then boring ol Canada and Australia...no offense, just Canada has pretty much the SAME weapons as the US and if it isnt US it's German or Belgian, and Australia has the same weapons as the US and Germany... heck even the Australian and Canadian vehicles are pretty much all German or US of origin. Honestly if they add Canada or Australia before GER/MEC/CN that would be a total fail on OWI's part because we dont need a US/UK 2.0, we have enough Western/Quasi Western forces right now.

JSDF standard weapons would be
(Standard)Type 89's which are pretty cool
(Pistol) another German pistol, typical for NATO forces
(Automatic Rifleman) Same as UK faction (Minimi) OR NTK Type 62
(Machine Gun) NTK Type 62 OR NTK Type 74
(Marksman Rifle) HOWA Type 64
(Light Antitank) Howa 84RR(84mm Recoiless Rifle, designed by Sweden)
(Heavy Antitank) IHI Aerospace 110mm (Panzerfaust 3, designed by Germany)
(Grenadier) uses Type 89 with a rifle grenade similar to the M1 Garand in Post Scriptum

A lot more interesting then Canada's "USA 2.0" or Australia's German AUG(F88) with the other stuff still being LAW's, M203 grenadiers, and minimi's which the UK/US faction has in this game already.

I never understood how in PR there were 20+ factions but with half of them being pretty much copies of a different faction, just with a different uniform, they added 4-6 insurgent factions why no cool and fresh JSDF?

Edited by NelsonH
Add Info

Agreed, any new faction should ideally bring something new to the table.