Kiwik

Poll: Which faction would you like next? (Multiple answers, Unofficial, updated)

Poll: Which faction would you like next? (Unofficial, updated)  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction would you like to see coming next?

• Armée de Terre (France)
    • Deutsches Heer (Germany)
    • Esercito Italiano (Italy)
    • Wojsko Polskie (Poland)
    • Other European armies ( Finland, Norway, Austria, etc...)
    • People's Liberation Army (China)
    • Republic of Korea Armed Forces (South Korea)
    • Korean People's Army (North Korea)
    • Japan Self-Defense Forces (Japan)
    • Indian Army (India)
    • other Asian armies (Taïwan, Indonesia, Thailand, Pakistan, etc...)
    • Australian Army (Australia)
    • Canadian Army (Canada)
    • Exército Brasileiro (Brazil)
    • Ejército Argentino (Argentina)
    • Other South-american armies (Colombia, Perù, etc...)
    • Israel Defense Forces (Israel)
    • Egyptian Army (Egypt)
    • Türk Kara Kuvvetleri (Turkey)
    • Other African/Middle-eastern armies (Algeria, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, etc...)

15 hours ago, Kiwik said:

Yes, well, I see how that could be a problem, then.
i wouldn't mind Japan or Korea, but Japan doesn't have an offensive army (its Constitution prevents it from using its armed forces for non-defensie action), and South korea isn't really active worldwide (except the United nations Operations in Somalia).

Next logical step would probably be France or Germany, or maybe the IDF, in my opinion.
France is the first military power in Europe, and Germany seems to be requested a lot.
The IDF would be well-suited for Squad's asymmetrical type of match-up.

Have you heard about the French faction mod that is already in the works for a long time ? Check it out it is awsome and they have done alot of progress already , also the devs confirmed that the mod would be free .

1 hour ago, Kiwik said:

I don't know, somehow I highly doubt we'll se a second US faction. But I'm often wrong, so don't take my word for it :P

I think they are keen to get USMC into game... current gear for us army is done so usmc would be easier to model. Might be wrong this, not sure. I think i read this from some earlier thread or podcast.

1 hour ago, L0cation said:

Have you heard about the French faction mod that is already in the works for a long time ? Check it out it is awsome and they have done alot of progress already , also the devs confirmed that the mod would be free .

Yes, I saw that, and it looks great, but it's the legion Etrangère, not the regular army... I don't know why, but I wouldn't feel comfortable roaming around with a white képi on my head.
i guessIwe'll see :D

1 hour ago, Disco said:

I think they are keen to get USMC into game... current gear for us army is done so usmc would be easier to model. Might be wrong this, not sure. I think i read this from some earlier thread or podcast.

Well, that would be great too, I guess.

Posted (edited)

China for sure. IDF along with Hamas for a Gaza map. I loved that PR map even though getting out of the IDF main sometimes was hell.

Edited by CC-Marley

6 hours ago, CC-Marley said:

China for sure. IDF along with Hamas for a Gaza map. I loved that PR map even though getting out of the IDF main sometimes was hell.

As we said before, I'm not sure setting a match in a real-world conflict is a great idea... Things might get too political very quickly. 
I am all in favour for the Implementation of the IDF - although I think there may be 'bigger' alternatives- but I personally think that adding the Hamas -or any faction supposed to be Hamas inspired- would be a mistake.

As is, the regular armies just face nameless insurgents/militiamen, and I think it should stay that way.

That being said, though I still think other, bigger and more widely deployed armies would make a better pick, I agree that the IDF would be quite well suited for the kind of asymmetrical skirmishes we have in Squad :)

Just a quick PS to ask: is there any reliable info on whether the dev team is planning on adding more factions at all, pre or post-release?

19 minutes ago, Kiwik said:

Just a quick PS to ask: is there any reliable info on whether the dev team is planning on adding more factions at all, pre or post-release?

2 to 3 more are wanted, but what factions they'll be are not currently known/determined. Will they be in Squad before full release? No, even 1 faction before then will be unlikely. They'll most likely come sometime after full release.

_20180609_045020.thumb.JPG.4f455665f2033b0d8b2f82425c7eb0d8.JPG

36 minutes ago, Dubs said:

2 to 3 more are wanted, but what factions they'll be are not currently known/determined. Will they be in Squad before full release? No, even 1 faction before then will be unlikely. They'll most likely come sometime after full release.

Thank goodness for modding because that 2-3 will likely be at least 6ish with community help.

21 hours ago, Dubs said:

Thank you! 
I can only imagine the work that's needed to bring a new faction to life.

Anyway, the strongest contenders for now seem to be China, Germany, Israel and France.
And apparently, the community is also intrigued by the idea of a new Middle-eastern faction, too.

What about - a JTF style team ?

You could Use British and US Models adding Canadian and Australian units without difficulty? ie each squad spawns as a different allied nation?

9 hours ago, theBroGamer said:

What about - a JTF style team ?

You could Use British and US Models adding Canadian and Australian units without difficulty? ie each squad spawns as a different allied nation?

It would be nice to have multiple factions per side, I guess, though it might get confusing really quickly if done wrong.

6 hours ago, Kiwik said:

It would be nice to have multiple factions per side, I guess, though it might get confusing really quickly if done wrong.

agreed - u would have to use the unified camo of multi pat - just change the faces n flags a bit!! 

As it's been said before, we're not getting any new factions prior to release, so I guess there's time to think about that :)

On 6/5/2018 at 6:59 PM, L0cation said:

Why not a real one ? I would really like to see one realistic middle-eastern country agaisnt the israeli defense force xD-_- 

I guess that's okay. I just don't find the real ones that interesting and I'm from the Middle East myself.

If french modders make the french army we might get 2 others factions, but which ones ? China depends on the right that might not be given. Israel and Germany alreary in pr. Who ?

On 06/06/2018 at 6:48 PM, Kiwik said:

France is the first military power in Europe

Says who?

Quick assessment of the situation, both to open discussion and give the poll more visibility (after all, what use is a poll without votes?).

So far, with 90 votes, we have in the first 5 spots:

- China, with 15.38% (38 votes);

- Germany, with 11.74% (29);

- Israel, with 10.93% (27);
- Canada, with 7.69% (19);

- Any other African/middle-eastern army, with 6.88% (17)

- France, with 6.07% (15)

1 hour ago, Kiwik said:

Quick assessment of the situation, both to open discussion and give the poll more visibility (after all, what use is a poll without votes?).

So far, with 90 votes, we have in the first 5 spots:

- China, with 15.38% (38 votes);

- Germany, with 11.74% (29);

- Israel, with 10.93% (27);
- Canada, with 7.69% (19);

- Any other African/middle-eastern army, with 6.88% (17)

- France, with 6.07% (15)

A Chinese faction would be the next logical especially since it was featured predominantly in PR along with the accompanying maps. However, IRL it's a distinct possibility that the Chinese government could crack down on it and remove the existing Chinese servers which wouldn't be that cool.

I think some generic communist Asian faction not unlike the Militia represented by a red flag with yellow stars would be a better idea. The "something something Coalition" maybe...

2 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

A Chinese faction would be the next logical especially since it was featured predominantly in PR along with the accompanying maps. However, IRL it's a distinct possibility that the Chinese government could crack down on it and remove the existing Chinese servers which wouldn't be that cool.

I think some generic communist Asian faction not unlike the Militia represented by a red flag with yellow stars would be a better idea. The "something something Coalition" maybe...

The People Liberation Coalition....

4 minutes ago, Devastation said:

1. Israel

2. Iran

3. China

4. Japan

EU including the baltics

Yeah it would be good to fight against Israel.

Im really hoping for a MEC like faction or somthing similar that the Western forces can go up against. I honestly thing fighting the insurgents and militia can be fun but fighting a modern faction like russia is more enjoyable. So getting someone like MEC or China would really add some much needed diversity to the US and Brit enemy's. 

I think it would be cool to make European factions based on EU Battle Groups

Latest Nordic Battle Group (NBG15) would be pretty cool featuring troops from Sweden, Finland, Ireland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Norway