Kiwik

Poll: Which faction would you like next? (Multiple answers, Unofficial, updated)

Poll: Which faction would you like next? (Unofficial, updated)  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction would you like to see coming next?

• Armée de Terre (France)
    • Deutsches Heer (Germany)
    • Esercito Italiano (Italy)
    • Wojsko Polskie (Poland)
    • Other European armies ( Finland, Norway, Austria, etc...)
    • People's Liberation Army (China)
    • Republic of Korea Armed Forces (South Korea)
    • Korean People's Army (North Korea)
    • Japan Self-Defense Forces (Japan)
    • Indian Army (India)
    • other Asian armies (Taïwan, Indonesia, Thailand, Pakistan, etc...)
    • Australian Army (Australia)
    • Canadian Army (Canada)
    • Exército Brasileiro (Brazil)
    • Ejército Argentino (Argentina)
    • Other South-american armies (Colombia, Perù, etc...)
    • Israel Defense Forces (Israel)
    • Egyptian Army (Egypt)
    • Türk Kara Kuvvetleri (Turkey)
    • Other African/Middle-eastern armies (Algeria, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, etc...)

Posted (edited)

I think the old poll might be a bit outdated, since we now have both the British and the Russian armed forces.

YOU CAN SELECT MULTIPLE OPTIONS!

I took the liberty of preparing a new, updated poll, to help the dev team and any brave modding team prod the community.
I hope this is not inappropriate, and this poll is in no way endorsed by the dev team, so don't get your hopes up!

Edited by Kiwik

EDIT: Someone asked about Special Forces. From what I've gathered on the forums, there are no plans currently to add any kind of Special Forces. Correct me if i'm wrong.

That would be awesome indeed. 
I would love to see the french Leclerc, too.

I'd like to see a 'fake' Middle-Eastern based faction. Something like the MEC from BF2. :)

On that point, I wonder how the dev team would view the idea of adding real 'bad guy' factions. A lot of people suggested North kprea, for instance, but I'm not sure that would be a great idea. 

As of now, Squad doesn't strike me as a politically engaged game: it is about tactical gameplay, not a critical analysis of modern geopolitics. 
Though simplistic in some aspects, having the regular armies face made-up militias and insurgents keeps the game out of a political scenario. 
The Russian forces facing the US and the brits is interesting, though. 

4 hours ago, Banned said:

Where is damn Iran?!

There were only 20 possible answers, I couldn't add more.
I am sure I forgot other important armies too. :/

Posted (edited)
On 04/06/2018 at 1:00 PM, Rock said:

I'd like to see a 'fake' Middle-Eastern based faction. Something like the MEC from BF2. :)

Why not a real one ? I would really like to see one realistic middle-eastern country agaisnt the israeli defense force xD-_- 

Edited by L0cation

On 04/06/2018 at 1:44 PM, Kiwik said:

On that point, I wonder how the dev team would view the idea of adding real 'bad guy' factions. A lot of people suggested North kprea, for instance, but I'm not sure that would be a great idea. 

As of now, Squad doesn't strike me as a politically engaged game: it is about tactical gameplay, not a critical analysis of modern geopolitics. 
Though simplistic in some aspects, having the regular armies face made-up militias and insurgents keeps the game out of a political scenario. 
The Russian forces facing the US and the brits is interesting, though. 

No bad guys , i even view the insurgents and millitia as the good guys when i play them , since we only have fictional irregular factions , and real countries , no faction is view as the "bad guys" , realistic scenarios are awsome and really immersive , but hell if you wanna have a map the describes a conflict between America and britain ****ing go for it ! 

Agreed. It would ba awesome to see more 'army-on-army" action, US VS UK.

One can only dream of a day when we can see a 2v2 mode, like US/UK vs Russia/China, or even US/China vs UK/Russia.
After all, everything is fictional here.

As of now the game doesn't consider US vs UK, which is a pity. I think that embracing the fictional setting fully could benefit the game.

6 minutes ago, Kiwik said:

Agreed. It would ba awesome to see more 'army-on-army" action, US VS UK.

One can only dream of a day when we can see a 2v2 mode, like US/UK vs Russia/China, or even US/China vs UK/Russia.
After all, everything is fictional here.

As of now the game doesn't consider US vs UK, which is a pity. I think that embracing the fictional setting fully could benefit the game.

That actually sounds exciting, 4 bases, 2 allies vs 2 allies, with no communication between allied armies other than officers/squad leaders.

4 hours ago, Banned said:

That actually sounds exciting, 4 bases, 2 allies vs 2 allies, with no communication between allied armies other than officers/squad leaders.

3 hours ago, Kiwik said:

Except maybe Local voice, I guess.

So basiclly one big faction xD , look if we would be able to somehow pull off 160 player servers so why not ? 

5 hours ago, L0cation said:

Why not a real one ? I would really like to see one realistic middle-eastern country agaisnt the israeli defense force xD-_- 

I would happily endorse this under a realism>balance condition that IDF will always win because irl they haven't lost yet :P 

1 hour ago, CptDirty said:

I would happily endorse this under a realism>balance condition that IDF will always win because irl they haven't lost yet :P 

LOL in project reality i was able to kick israels ass by playing as HAMAS every time , i think we should give our current much more developed loved insurgents also the chance to do so :P 

I agree with L0cation. Let's keep, this thread civil, and let's avoid actual conflicts.

6 hours ago, Kiwik said:

Why wouldn't it be possible?

Have you heard about what happend in battlefield 4 ? I've heard that the game is banned in china becuase the Chinese government got offended by the way the chinese are represented in the single player campaign or something , could be wrong though ...

But on the other hand adding the Chinese army as a blank faction without any backstory about the conflicts in the game might solve the problem .

Keep this thread on topic, and keep any political talk to yourself as its not allowed in these forums. 

Bad taste comments are also not welcome on these forums, only warning.

Have cleaned the thread.

Yes, well, I see how that could be a problem, then.
i wouldn't mind Japan or Korea, but Japan doesn't have an offensive army (its Constitution prevents it from using its armed forces for non-defensie action), and South korea isn't really active worldwide (except the United nations Operations in Somalia).

Next logical step would probably be France or Germany, or maybe the IDF, in my opinion.
France is the first military power in Europe, and Germany seems to be requested a lot.
The IDF would be well-suited for Squad's asymmetrical type of match-up.

I hope we see next faction to be OPFOR (voted for China). If u think about it, we only have Russia as OPFOR at the moment (conventional armies). Then militia and insurgents can be properly done to be asymmetrical opponent. But... most probably, next faction is USMC.

13 hours ago, Disco said:

I hope we see next faction to be OPFOR (voted for China). If u think about it, we only have Russia as OPFOR at the moment (conventional armies). Then militia and insurgents can be properly done to be asymmetrical opponent. But... most probably, next faction is USMC.

I don't know, somehow I highly doubt we'll se a second US faction. But I'm often wrong, so don't take my word for it :P