Ajerra

Development - Submit your vote now!

Development - Submit your vote now!  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What features do you want to see in Squad?

• Give a medal to a squad member after the game
    • Rate your SL after the game
    • Implement a GPS Map

Posted (edited)
  • Medals for good squad members:
    • A squad leader should be able to honor one person in his squad for being a good squad member! This should happen in the end of the game and also be visible for the whole server. This would increase the teamplay within the squad and motivate soldiers

• Rate your squad leader:
    • Every squad member should be able to rate the squad leader in the end (1-5 stars). The result should be visible in the end of the game
    • If you vote for this, be fair and vote for the first point too. This will give both sides a chance to rate. Especially if you don't play squad leader

• Carrying a GPS-Map:
    • To look at the map, you do a quick animation. This would be more realistic - instead of pressing M to open the map out of battle. Also it should be possible to draw on the map (GPS) for squad leaders to set up strategies. Red lines are visible for squad leaders, green lines are visible for the squad. This will increase the team aspect of the game. Some might say you will see dicks all over the map, but this will not be the case - since a squad leader can only draw for his squad or for the other squad leaders. Also squad leaders can remove markers.

Edited by Ajerra

I quite like all of these tbh.

Obviously any system that includes players rating one another is open to abuse but as it has no impact on the game it doesn't really matter. People do like to be rewarded and recognised for achievements so why not - some form of ranking/voting persistence might even encourage a larger player base which is good for everyone and it'd be helpful to new starters to work with a 'highly ranked' SL. And finally, most of us who play are male, and we all know how men like a bit of competition!

The shared GPS map idea is quite nice too but sounds more difficult to pull off - who knows...

Posted (edited)

Boost system, to boost morale everytime your squad completes a task like holding an objective, taking an objective, completeing a mission, the whole squad gets a boost in form of extra ammo, extra health, extra armor, or ? For a time of say 10 minutes or til those extras run out.  And a boost medal of honor is displayed on screen for all team to see til boost is run out. 

2. Squad leader rating could occur by how many boost his squad got no need for players to rate.

3. Like map idea instead of hitting M key just mouse over icon and map pops out. Or look at map.

Edited by XRobinson

14 minutes ago, XRobinson said:

Boost system, to boost morale everytime your squad completes a task like holding an objective, taking an objective, completeing a mission, the whole squad gets a boost in form of extra ammo, extra health, extra armor, or ? For a time of say 10 minutes or til those extras run out.  And a boost medal of honor is displayed on screen for all team to see til boost is run out. 

I like the missions, which can be set by the SL, but dropping stuff as a reward would really really suck. It's unrealistic and too much arcade.

4 minutes ago, Ajerra said:

I like the missions, which can be set by the SL, but dropping stuff as a reward would really really suck. It's unrealistic and too much arcade.

Duno might not be as unrealistic as you think, after all in real fights squads can get drops from commander giving them boosts.  If you want the boost would have to be delivered by a helo pilot from base and taken from actual supply points.  Then it can be a real supply drop only difference is it came after you completed a task and you got a feel good medal on your screen for a bit boisting your adrenaline rush of goodness.  :)

Posted (edited)

please god no...none of this..leave it for COD gamers and im not insulting anyone but thats the game where doing stuff earns, stuff ..kill streaks.medals all that crap..if you enjoy that sort of thing then there is a game already there for it and does it well, I hope squads stays with its roots as a simulation and not a 'give me a medal' for wiping my arse type thing...

IF we were to go down any reward route, it should actually be more the squad that earns pts to use vehicles or build or have more rallies based on doing something positive, doing something negative loses those pts.

Edited by embecmom

On 6/2/2018 at 7:30 AM, Ajerra said:

Medals for good squad members:

A system should be implemented to allow good behavior to be recognized server-wide. Many people on the forums will say it is childish but I disagree. I believe it's worth trying out while the game is still in alpha to verify if this sort of implementation will make it into the released version or not. If it turns out to be bad then simply remove it, but if it turns out well then keep it. Simple. 

On 6/2/2018 at 7:30 AM, Ajerra said:

Carrying a GPS-Map:

Also it should be possible to draw on the map (GPS) for squad leaders to set up strategies.

It was in the game before (V4?) and it worked phenomenally back then. The only reason devs took it out was because of all the profanities a lot of players drew on the map to troll. I still think this feature should make a return because it is an undeniably extremely useful tool the SL's must have to navigate logistical trucks and troop movement. Simple markers on the map won't stop a noob from running into the enemy. Right now I direct (as SL) vehicles by putting green fob markers and tell the person to 'connect the dot' which works well but map gestures with arrows and lines would immensely increase the survivability of vehicles and troops. 

To add to what I wrote earlier about rewards, if devs are following the planned route (pun intended of one of these suggestions) then we should be getting some sort of persistent stats coming next since British Forces just got in the game:

b0b9806010fd140c24d81de87d4d92ca_origina

:P 

Posted (edited)

Your first two suggestion are horribly abuseable to the point of being completely pointless. Your third suggestion is nonsense.

If you want some non-abuseable medal and rating systems, read this:

Edited by Tartantyco

3 hours ago, embecmom said:

please god no...none of this..leave it for COD gamers and im not insulting anyone but thats the game where doing stuff earns, stuff ..kill streaks.medals all that crap..if you enjoy that sort of thing then there is a game already there for it and does it well, I hope squads stays with its roots as a simulation and not a 'give me a medal' for wiping my arse type thing...

IF we were to go down any reward route, it should actually be more the squad that earns pts to use vehicles or build or have more rallies based on doing something positive, doing something negative loses those pts.

Earning points doing something positive to gain access to vehicles or build  is the same as earning boosts basically, only difference is an icon would also appear on screen affirming the points earned that looks like a medal.  :)

1 hour ago, XRobinson said:

Earning points doing something positive to gain access to vehicles or build  is the same as earning boosts basically, only difference is an icon would also appear on screen affirming the points earned that looks like a medal.  :)

@embecmom you have to admit that's a good argument

Yelp in Squad? No thank you. The positive reinforcement paradigm with grade school brownie buttons, gold stars, smiley faces and everyone gets a trophy has no place in a fps game. Brigading would quickly result in clans full of nothing but 5 star generals with oak clusters.

As far as stats and ranking goes, after 2+ years it's really a little late to implement that.

Instead, my idea is for a punishment system built into Squad where the majority of a team can vote kick people (including squad leaders) out of the match which would go a long ways towards fixing the typical nonsense that periodically crops up.

I understand the typical criticisms of vote kick systems but I feel like given the length of time most matches last a balanced vote kick system would be much less of a distraction than the hindering that's occurring now in many cases. That and also bring the auto kick for TK's down to 5.

Btw, map is perfect just the way it is.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, XRobinson said:

slightly, but what a lot of people like are boosts for weapons, or give me a faster reload or run faster etc, or rank me up so I get the super dooper M4 with the 4x acog and cammo... and let me have a kill medal..whilst kill medal in itself does no harm its an unnecessary addition to the game and there are plenty of other things needed before a reward system.  

if they were ever to introduce any sort of reward system, imo as its a team game it should never be about the player but what the squad achieves and by their action as a whole gain pts as we do already in game as a score, that allows for access to vehicles or supplies drops etc but the big difference is by daft actions like to many deaths or losing a vehicle or abandoning vehicles you lose points which stops your squad from gaining said supplies or another vehicle etc.  

It could be taken a step further and offer a way for a commander to see which squad is actually gaining most points by their actions and ensure they are supplied first or given air support priority etc.   

I vote kick whilst I am against it would be pretty useful to quickly remove SLs without a mic but would be painful because some guy int he squad thinks he knows better allt he time and keeps calling for a kick vote as you see in many games like csgo or insurgency where every other second there is a vote kick or map change or mix teams.. especially when one side is losing.

Edited by embecmom

Posted (edited)

a11f9e533f28593768ebf87075ab34f2.jpgSquad boosts, is what I was talking about, not individual boosts, or gun add on boosts, just a supply drop maybe also with a case of beer or tea and a mess tent to hang out in. :)

Edited by XRobinson

There's no way to vote no, which is my choice for each.