Sign in to follow this  
Santini

why t72 and no t-90

32 minutes ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

Russia currently has ~1,900 active T-72's as opposed to around 350 T-90's.

his answer convinces me ... his reasoning seems perfect to me.

I did not know that was the differential percentage
Thank you

I believe the dev team only had access to a T-72 to scan which is probably a contributing factor.

Also the M1A1 Abrahams is much older than the current version of the Abrahams. The t-90 is basically an upgraded t-72 afaik.

Also: The B3 upgrades can be equipped to any T-72's already built. This means that Russia can upgrade any number of it's several thousand T-72's as a much more cost-effective alternative to replacing all their T-72's with T-90's.

Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2018 at 1:48 PM, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

Russia currently has ~1,900 active T-72's as opposed to around 350 T-90's.

I knew your numbers where wrong.The total amout I f T-72 build is surprisingly over 20,000. 

The Russian Federation has over 5,000 T-72 tanks in use, including around 2,000 in active service and 3,000 in reserve

The T-72B3 that the developers are puting in game is in service in Russian federation but there are little more then 1,000 of them in service.

Russia operates 550 T-90A tanks as of 2016.In 2010, Uralvagonzavod received 18 billion rubles (US$294 million) to deliver 261 units until the end of 2010. Variant of delivered T-90 tanks is unknown. According to the plans of the Russian defense ministry in 2010, overall number of T-90 tanks is planned to be 1400 units.

I personally think the T-90 would be better to be in game as a Russian main battle tank.

For militia,Insurgents thy could put in T55,T-62, and the basic first T-72 with its iconic V plate on the front with looks a lot more bad ass then T-72B3.

Edited by Bahrein

1 hour ago, Bahrein said:

I knew your numbers where wrong.The total amout I f T-72 build is surprisingly over 20,000. 

The Russian Federation has over 5,000 T-72 tanks in use, including around 2,000 in active service and 3,000 in reserve

The T-72B3 that the developers are puting in game is in service in Russian federation but there are little more then 1,000 of them in service.

Russia operates 550 T-90A tanks as of 2016.In 2010, Uralvagonzavod received 18 billion rubles (US$294 million) to deliver 261 units until the end of 2010. Variant of delivered T-90 tanks is unknown. According to the plans of the Russian defense ministry in 2010, overall number of T-90 tanks is planned to be 1400 units.

I personally think the T-90 would be better to be in game as a Russian main battle tank.

For militia,Insurgents thy could put in T55,T-62, and the basic first T-72 with its iconic V plate on the front with looks a lot more bad ass then T-72B3.

1,000 B3's currently is still more than the T-90's. Currently, wouldn't it be more realistic for the MBT to be T-72's? Also I have rarely seen insurgents use T-72's. It's much more often T-55's and 62's.

3 hours ago, Bahrein said:

I'm guessing the reason Russia is getting the T-72B3 over the T-90, along with the real world numbers, is because Militia will also get the basic version of the T-72 so Squad will be getting more bang for the development buck.

2 hours ago, Stom said:

I'm guessing the reason Russia is getting the T-72B3 over the T-90, along with the real world numbers, is because Militia will also get the basic version of the T-72 so Squad will be getting more bang for the development buck.

Well it does give both Russia and Militia a tank while they can work on the T-90

23 hours ago, Stom said:

Thats the whole point why i was always talking about that the Russians needs to have T-90 becouse the millitia can get basic T-72 insurgents T-55,T-62 its all about diversity.

And trust me i am sure the ammount of T-90 in Russian army is top secret and the numbers online are not real.I am sure a country huge like that has a lot more. 

12 hours ago, Bahrein said:

Thats the whole point why i was always talking about that the Russians needs to have T-90 becouse the millitia can get basic T-72 insurgents T-55,T-62 its all about diversity.

And trust me i am sure the ammount of T-90 in Russian army is top secret and the numbers online are not real.I am sure a country huge like that has a lot more. 

I agree in the long run but the visual and performance difference between the T-90 and upgraded T-72 seems minor. Because of this, there's no reason to hold up the development to prioritise the T-90 over the T-72 because with the T-72 you get to equip two factions with a small visual difference rather than just one.

That is still assuming Militia will get some form of the T-72 which they may very well not.

4 hours ago, Stom said:

That is still assuming Militia will get some form of the T-72 which they may very well not.

I really hope they can figure out a way to make ins/invasion gamemode work better. Some way to make the conventional faction with tanks and helis fighting insurgents/militia with rpgs, IEDs and lighter faster vehicles fun for both sides. Don't really see why all sides need a tank.

16 minutes ago, Romby said:

I really hope they can figure out a way to make ins/invasion gamemode work better. Some way to make the conventional faction with tanks and helis fighting insurgents/militia with rpgs, IEDs and lighter faster vehicles fun for both sides. Don't really see why all sides need a tank.

All sides don't need a tank but Militia is built around having older armour. They've got BTRs, BRDMs and MTLBs now and they're themed around real world groups that operate tanks.

I'd love to see Insurgents get a T-55 on some layers eventually but it should never be a staple of the faction.

6 minutes ago, Stom said:

All sides don't need a tank but Militia is built around having older armour. They've got BTRs, BRDMs and MTLBs now and they're themed around real world groups that operate tanks.

I'd love to see Insurgents get a T-55 on some layers eventually but it should never be a staple of the faction.

Might be interesting. But in my opinion it is much more importaint figure out how insurgent gameplay can be interesting instead of everybody getting some kind of tank. Right now the best rounds are Rus vs US/Brits. Assumetrical warfare maps pretty much always sucks and this makes me sad.

5 hours ago, Romby said:

Might be interesting. But in my opinion it is much more importaint figure out how insurgent gameplay can be interesting instead of everybody getting some kind of tank. Right now the best rounds are Rus vs US/Brits. Assumetrical warfare maps pretty much always sucks and this makes me sad.

I disagree with this completely, i love playing as the insurgents/militia factions. The main issue here is that people simply do not know how to play. Techies for example are meant to harras the enemy with hit and run tactics, they are fast vehicles that are difficult to catch. But players always use them to charge head-on. This is not an issue with the game, but players' mindsets.

20 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

I disagree with this completely, i love playing as the insurgents/militia factions. The main issue here is that people simply do not know how to play. Techies for example are meant to harras the enemy with hit and run tactics, they are fast vehicles that are difficult to catch. But players always use them to charge head-on. This is not an issue with the game, but players' mindsets.

Hell yeah not to mention the SPG techi thats sooo good now with that telescopic scope ;-) Especially if you know how to use that scope 

On 6/6/2018 at 9:27 AM, Romby said:

Tanks or any type of IFV cannot stay at one place now and harass or camp and kill a bunch of players now you have TOW system and not to mention heavy AT that every faction has now.

The whole point of vehicles is to support the infantry and that infantry supports the vehicle.  

On 6/5/2018 at 9:26 AM, Bahrein said:

And I own more land than a guy who lives in Tribeca but he can afford a $50 million dollar condo. You can't modernize a military without a strong economy.

The squad community would chew through 350 T-90s in half an hour of gameplay.. 

The only thing i care now as the Developers told us what tanks thy will put in (little disappointed with the choice) i have huge hopes for Andres the leading sound developer to make amazing sound that tanks make as real as possible.The roaring sound of V-92S2 1,000 hp diesel engine