Jump to content
TriggeredM8

Squad keeps crashing after 30 mins of in game play time

Recommended Posts

Squad keeps crashing after 30 mins of in game play time. What will happen is i will be playing and right before the crash comes i get a huge lag spike. About 1 min after that my game crashes to desktop with no error. I have cleared my cache and reinstalled my game many times and still get the same problem. 

Crash Log: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/88v2oxtbz8htse2/AACPcIgwUHd9ju5nOEwzhWcpa?dl=0

 

Logs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/973japnwd6hb5qb/AABkss4Beci104oSXt8C1ECLa?dl=0

 

OS: Win 10

CPU:  I5-4460 

GPU: MSI R9 390

RAM: 8GB

 

Here is a video i got of me getting the crash mid game: https://clips.twitch.tv/BlightedDirtyStingrayResidentSleeper

Make sure you watch at the 12 sec marker because right there is when i get the lag spike right before i crash and it has yet to fail, does it every time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

try disabling anti virus worked for me,  if it works give the game access in virus settings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, TriggeredM8 said:

I have an SSD

I was thinking maybe your hard drive doesn't have enough space for your page file size, and you are crashing because of out of virtual memory, or swap space.  But maybe it's something else. Read past threads where people had same issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found out what it was. For some reason its the razer programs, goto task manager and end all of your razer programs and start the game. I have yet to crash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2018 at 10:23 AM, TriggeredM8 said:

I found out what it was. For some reason its the razer programs, goto task manager and end all of your razer programs and start the game. I have yet to crash.

Glad to hear it. Seems like there's been a rash of crashing with the current version, though one or two people have reported a beta version has fixed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gatzby said:

Glad to hear it. Seems like there's been a rash of crashing with the current version, though one or two people have reported a beta version has fixed it.

Why are you glad to hear this?

 

This is a problem.  A lot of us with Razer products HAVE to use the proprietary Razer software for our products to work effectively and efficiently.  

Example, If I disable Razer Synapse, I can no longer use my keybinding on my mouse to voice chat in Discord, etc.  I shouldn't have to re-keybind anything because the game crashes due to another program.

 

Somehow, the team should figure a way for Squad to work together in tandem with other programs like Synapse, Discord, Teamspeak, etc, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Majeye said:

Example, If I disable Razer Synapse, I can no longer use my keybinding on my mouse to voice chat in Discord, etc.  I shouldn't have to re-keybind anything because the game crashes due to another program.

Welcome to the world of early access / game development ^_^

Guessing they're glad to hear it because there is a workaround so people can actually play, and they can narrow down the source of the biggest problems with each report they get about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Psyrus said:

Welcome to the world of early access / game development ^_^

Guessing they're glad to hear it because there is a workaround so people can actually play, and they can narrow down the source of the biggest problems with each report they get about it. 

That is a valid response.  Thank you.

 

I thought about it about an hour after I posted as well.  I really do hope they come up with a fix quickly.  I *want* to enjoy Squad so much, but just can't due to this literal game breaking bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Majeye said:

Why are you glad to hear this?

 

 

Because there was a workaround -- it's better than not playing at all. I'm obviously not glad there's a problem, but it seems to be isolated to Razer software -- Cortex and Synapse specifically. Personally, I'm curious if this is related to their need to retire all their old software because of GDPR compliance issues. (Both Cortex and Synapse 2.0 are called out here.) Given that some users have reported that updating to beta versions of the software resolves the issues might point to that, and it's a good sign that Razer is addressing the issue either way. Would try that next if you haven't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gatzby said:

Because there was a workaround -- it's better than not playing at all. I'm obviously not glad there's a problem, but it seems to be isolated to Razer software -- Cortex and Synapse specifically. Personally, I'm curious if this is related to their need to retire all their old software because of GDPR compliance issues. (Both Cortex and Synapse 2.0 are called out here.) Given that some users have reported that updating to beta versions of the software resolves the issues might point to that, and it's a good sign that Razer is addressing the issue either way. Would try that next if you haven't.

I appreciate the response, though I wouldn't know how to "upgrade" to the beta version of synapse. (which is what I use)

 

I suppose I could "google it" as all the youngsters tell me to do quite frequently.

 

Just would love to see either Squad come out with an update that fixes it, or Razer, or both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2018 at 5:18 PM, Majeye said:

I appreciate the response, though I wouldn't know how to "upgrade" to the beta version of synapse. (which is what I use)

 

I suppose I could "google it" as all the youngsters tell me to do quite frequently.

 

Just would love to see either Squad come out with an update that fixes it, or Razer, or both.

I *think* this is it: https://www.razer.com/synapse-3

 

I don't currently have Razer hardware to verify, though. It's also beta software, so carries the typical "it might explode, please don't yell at us," warnings. It looks like the majority of devices are supported, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×