Posted (edited)

Just watched this yesterday and read about what the game might be.  They thinking it's going to be an online multiplayer game like RUST.  But maybe it will be both a single player and online game?  I'm hoping it can be both, maybe even a co op game somehow where one guys machine acts as the server for a five guy co op.  That would be cool.  I was stunned how fast I got through Fall Out 4, was thinking the map would be bigger and more buildings enterable.  June 10 is E3 and will see what it is then.  What are your guys hopes and dreams for next Fall Out game?

Edited by XRobinson

I'm hoping for a little bit of 2 player coop so me and my mate can play. Failing that I just want a good setting, story and soundtrack.

The rumours about it being a battle royale, MMORPG online thing. I just hope they're wrong!

17 hours ago, AnimalMother said:

I'm hoping for a little bit of 2 player coop so me and my mate can play. Failing that I just want a good setting, story and soundtrack.

The rumours about it being a battle royale, MMORPG online thing. I just hope they're wrong!

FO4 did have co op all be it with AI characters.  You have to go slow though and they were a bit buggy.  I'm thinking maybe they are going for a World of Warcraft experience but in a reality based nuclear waste land survival horror world of the future.  I'm hoping for driving vehicles and going Mad Max style.  After all a lot of characters and ideas came from the Mad Max series and films.  Give us vehicles!

Not really co-operative if there's not another human being that you're working with!

That's what everyone is rumouring and I hope they're wrong.

Always wondered why there was never any vehicles, especially in FO4 where you could create a city from junk but couldn't repair a car or bike. Though I'm guessing it's to do with the ability to quickly traverse around the wasteland. I did like the implementation of the vertibird taxi in 4.

Well, all the battles would be different with vehicles, and the iron man suit was sort of a vehicle you got into and gave you abilities, but if there were wheels and flyable aircraft in the game, everything would be programned different, the AI characters would be more easily beaten.  But vehicle battles would be a new thing to be liked and enjoyed I think.

3 minutes ago, RussianJesus said:

All I'm going to say is if they use the same game engine I'm not picking it up.

They should stop using out-dated engine

On 6/5/2018 at 12:10 PM, RussianJesus said:

All I'm going to say is if they use the same game engine I'm not picking it up.

What is wrong or what is it you do not like about the game engine they used for FO4?  What engine would you suggest and what features should it have?

What did you like in Fall Out games?

Another aspect I would like but would probably be far away into future, is ability to time travel to the different locations, for instance your playing Fall Out 4 and travel to Fall Out 3 time and place to get some vital info or item to complete a quest for future time.  But this can get way complicated and requires a really gifted story line to match it all up, but in a way it already is.

Posted (edited)

Well, watched some of Bluedrakes live coverage, read some articles, watched this trailer.  Still I wonder how the servers are going to work, how often do you find launch codes to nuke your enemies?  Can the whole map get nuked?  The map size seems large and how many multiplayers on one server? How secure are your bases?  What kind of destruction is there?  Network destruction or ?  About 8 minutes in you get to see online play.  Interesting.

What you guys think?

Edited by XRobinson

Still sooooo many questions. Also still kind of wonder if it isn't going to skew more toward Destiny as it progresses. Be interesting to see how VATS evolves for 76 too. Ultimately, always down for more Fallout, and I think adding internet weirdos into the mix is just the sort of thing Fallout can support fiction-wise, hehe.

This has been suggested before for Squad long ago before it was released on Steam; of having a nuclear weapon in Squad  and it was laughed at hysterically.... LoL.  But, since FO 76 is making it a rare occurrence in their game they say, and it doesn't hit the whole map but just an area.  Why not have a map in Squad where first team to acquire a missile and launch code for it wins, and you get to see a mushroon cloud at end? And maybe it only takes out half the map, and maybe game still goes on?  Just a game, as the Wopper says in the War Games the film.  It could work now that FO is making it. ??? Just a thought.

4 minutes ago, XRobinson said:

Why not have a map in Squad where first team to acquire a missile and launch code for it wins, and you get to see a mushroon cloud at end? And maybe it only takes out half the map, and maybe game still goes on? 

For a mod, maybe

1 hour ago, XRobinson said:

Why not have a map in Squad where first team to acquire a missile and launch code for it wins, and you get to see a mushroon cloud at end? And maybe it only takes out half the map, and maybe game still goes on?  J

1 hour ago, samwiseOrigin said:

For a mod, maybe

I really do miss those end of match cinematic sequences from bfbc2.

Posted (edited)

It seems to me the single player worlds of gaming are merging into the multiplayer worlds, but the reverse is not occurring as much or at all.  Multiplayer games are not adopting single player objectives but single player objectives are entering the domain of multiplayers.  Does that make sense?  Seems the formerly single player games are taking risks and going for more diversity when entering into the multiplayer verse.

Edited by XRobinson
clearer statement