Posted (edited)

Looks good. I have a question about vehicles, potentially MBT's. One of my favourite parts about using vehicles is having to coordinate/work together with another player and I enjoy the interaction and shenanigans that happen when crewing a vehicle. I was wondering will we see a third role for vehicles or maybe just for the bigger MBT's such as a commander? I'd love to see a role where the commander is calling the shots for the vehicle with useful tools such as an elevation map/multiple different maps, easily able to put down multiple markers on a crew only map, maybe able to use his binoculars out of the vehicles turret hatch to easily and clearly survey the field/his own periscope for safe surveillance, monitors in the vehicle to view from the gunner and the drivers point of view respectively, able to mark infantry and vehicles on the field as friendly or foe for easier targeting for the gunner and perhaps many other features.

I'd love to see something like this to improve cohesiveness within vehicle crews and to improve their effectiveness. I also feel like it would decrease the amount of people 1 manning vehicles and losing them unnecessarily. Thanks.

Edited by Dr Tooheys

nice update on the maps... with the vehicles does that mean we can expect at some point mobile mechanics or some form of infield mechanics ?  how to recover broken down vehicle?  Also will they be able to get up hills?  Bradley is lets say weak in that dept.

Honestly, i like the game since the gameplay is so unique. I've been playing Project Reality for 10 years now and i am quite sure that Squad is becoming a great successor. But as i have read in a previous comment, it does not seem that major performance updates are your priority. But it should be your current focus instead of expanding the content in the game. There is enough content for now. If you cannot play the games on epic specs - and i would say this is true for like 90 percent of the squad community - it looks simply horrible (and still with low fps). The AA results only in ugly stair-steps at long distances, the textures look blurry, the grass looks worse than in PR (which uses BF2 engine). If I play Project Reality on high settings (the engine is almost 13 years old), it looks better. Of course, it does not have this great effects which are provided by U4 engine, but i can watch the distance without sticking on the screen. The maps are better optimised and look more "hand-made" with love in the detail. 

Please check the performance of PUGB (let's not talk about the game ;-). It has massively improved since the launch and now it is running on 100fps with high specs and it looks great. That should be your benchmark how squad could be look like and could be running.

Please do not see this as an attack. I really like the game and the effort you put into it. You have been doing great progress since the launch of the early access. But i think it is time to shift the focus.

14 hours ago, Gatzby said:

The plan is to be able to affect some field repairs to get moving again, but you will almost certainly have to return to a repair station for a complete fix.

Nice to know and should allow a vehicle crew to get themselves out of trouble and save some tickets even if they're out of the fight for a little bit. Will we just interact with the vehicle to get it moving or will we get something a little more immersive. I can understand the simple interactive fix at this stage of development but would prefer something a bit more involving as a QoL update further down the road on this epic journey. 

7 hours ago, matzejo said:

Honestly, i like the game since the gameplay is so unique. I've been playing Project Reality for 10 years now and i am quite sure that Squad is becoming a great successor. But as i have read in a previous comment, it does not seem that major performance updates are your priority. But it should be your current focus instead of expanding the content in the game. There is enough content for now. If you cannot play the games on epic specs - and i would say this is true for like 90 percent of the squad community - it looks simply horrible (and still with low fps). The AA results only in ugly stair-steps at long distances, the textures look blurry, the grass looks worse than in PR (which uses BF2 engine). If I play Project Reality on high settings (the engine is almost 13 years old), it looks better. Of course, it does not have this great effects which are provided by U4 engine, but i can watch the distance without sticking on the screen. The maps are better optimised and look more "hand-made" with love in the detail. 

Please check the performance of PUGB (let's not talk about the game ;-). It has massively improved since the launch and now it is running on 100fps with high specs and it looks great. That should be your benchmark how squad could be look like and could be running.

Please do not see this as an attack. I really like the game and the effort you put into it. You have been doing great progress since the launch of the early access. But i think it is time to shift the focus.

You can't just optimise an entire game before it's ready. Pubg barely has any content compared to Squad so it's much easier to optimise it all.

7 hours ago, matzejo said:

There's this from page 1...

One of our developers is currently working on an article that will be going in-depth on optimizations. We felt it worth separating it out from the Recap, especially since it's a larger effort overall. Will be sure to announce that when it's ready. =)

23 hours ago, Nossa said:

I imagine since they will release T72B instead of the T-90, Russians will get MORE tanks than US on the actual maps. It will likely be something like this:

RU:

3x T72

3x BTRs/MTLB

US:

2x M1A1

2x Bradley

Ironically, there are much more of Abrams tanks in US Army than T-72B3 in Russian Army. But it would be logical to make T-72B3 cost(in tickets) much less than Abrams, as well as Western IFV/APC cost should bt much greater than the cost of MTLB or BTR.

Hello!

What do you think about limiting the FOBs to 1 per team at any given time?

It will give great importance to the position of that FOB and make squad radios more important in the game, as squads would be moving between objectives more.

3 hours ago, AndreasYo said:

Hello!

What do you think about limiting the FOBs to 1 per team at any given time?

It will give great importance to the position of that FOB and make squad radios more important in the game, as squads would be moving between objectives more.

No.

In the hope that RPs get tweaked to stop the individual squad lemming assault the FOB will become the main respawn mechanism for everyone. 1 FOB per team would negate pretty much the whole support/logistics element of the game.

What i want are commander and fireteam leader roles. Thopographic maps and i want a playerlist in the serverselection.

Nice update! Looking forward to see how the Randomized AAS changes gameplay/style. The Turret stabilization will be a welcomed addition.  

23 hours ago, AnimalMother said:

No.

In the hope that RPs get tweaked to stop the individual squad lemming assault the FOB will become the main respawn mechanism for everyone. 1 FOB per team would negate pretty much the whole support/logistics element of the game.

Lemmings is a good way to put it. I don’t like how the current rallies cause everyone to run to the objective one at a time rather than as a group.

Excellent RAAS, localized damage and turret stabilizer. Although I sincerely wanted to have some news on Territory Control (we are stuck at a screenshot of 9 months ago!) and on the suppression system.

Oh damn, MARPAT spotted in the in the BTR fuel canister video! Marines confirmed?

On 6/1/2018 at 3:02 PM, Bl4ckP4nth3r said:

Will the self-healing bug be fixed before that or with this update? (tried searching forums but found no answer)

For the rest if speed of the games get's lowered again it might be more interesting. (still to easy to run and gun)

Will there also be an option to force certain shadows and view distances on licensed servers (tournament mode eg)

Still being investigated by the coders; they're combing over the client-server code to shake it out, but we want it fixed as much as you folks do. There is a workaround of interrupting the first bandaging and letting the second complete, but it's not 100% and... well, it sucks that it's required for now. 

Posted (edited)

Awesome!

We have so many new players which are good for the game.

My question is: 

Would be possible to have an option where new players are introduced to the basics of SQUAD gameplay? 

So many new players have no idea about what is the difference between a rally and a fob. As well have no idea how to use medic kit. 

Maybe a training session on Fire Range would be awesome. And after the new player had done the training it should allow creating a squad team. Otherwise, without the training, the new player could only join a squad and play the basic roles.  

But, thanks for your hard work guys. 

Edited by [email protected]

11 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Awesome!

We have so many new players which are good for the game.

My question is: 

Would be possible to have an option where new players are introduced to the basics of SQUAD gameplay? 

So many new players have no idea about what is the difference between a rally and a fob. As well have no idea how to use medic kit. 

Maybe a training session on Fire Range would be awesome. And after the new player had done the training it should allow creating a squad team. Otherwise, without the training, the new player could only join a squad and play the basic roles.  

But, thanks for your hard work guys. 

In PR we used to say, RTFM.

If there is one thing i've learned about new people, in any game, is that they never, EVER, read. Idk why, but they just ignore every bit of text and then go and ask the most stupid questions that are already answered lol.

5 hours ago, UNIT_normal said:

Just waiting for better vehicle gun stabilization and thermal sight. B|

Prototype for stabilization is looking sexy. Can't wait to get that live.

On 6/2/2018 at 12:16 AM, embecmom said:

nice update on the maps... with the vehicles does that mean we can expect at some point mobile mechanics or some form of infield mechanics ?  how to recover broken down vehicle?

We're not ready to talk details yet, but it is our intention to have a way to affect some field repairs to get moving again. For major damage, you'd still have to seek out a repair facility.

On 6/5/2018 at 5:48 PM, [email protected] said:

There are some quick tips that pop up, but yeah, we're aware that a little more tutorialization/introduction to the game would be helpful. It's likely to come together more after all the of the major systems are in though. 

Edit: Dug up a helpful reddit post from Merlin a couple months back: 

The randomized Layout of flags in AAS looks hellacool. Cant wait for the tanks also :P

1 hour ago, EA_SUCKS said:

I hope we get an update this month instead of the re

Why not both? ;)