Front TE

3000hrs+ suggestions

- please bring back the red lines on the map. right now the map is unreadable. When we had red lines, black lines and white lines, it was very easy to read the map and put down markers, because quadrants, keypads and subkeys were recognizable by their different visual appearance. Now all these lines are in the same greyish tone and the lines even change width when you zoom on the map.
the only way right now to put down a marker is to zoom out the map completely so you are able to find and mark the quadrant first, then you have to zoom in and concentrate hard to find the right keypad and subkey.
I know you done away with the red lines because you got reports that players couldn´t read the map well. The reason for that was the introduction of the subkeys, AND NOT THE RED LINES! Before you introduced subkeys ingame, many people didn´t even recognize that the one is in the bottom left and not the top left on a keypad ("oh i thought it is like the "numpad" on my mobile phone duh lul").

- please make kicks last to the end of the round again. We now have that awesome invite system, it even is working (after you assign the keys for it). There is not one reason in the world anymore why a kick should only last 3 minutes. SLs kick people for reasons. Nothing more frustrating then to notice that the same retard joined again, didn´t say anything again, spawned main again, took another btr again. SLs need some authority, else you don´t even need to bother playing SL.

-please revert back to the old way SLs would see the HAB while placing it. In the old version, you could see all the exits of the hab you wanted to to place. you just had to look down, to see the near doors, and the far doors were in front of you. with the old system we were able to put the hab in places and we could make sure that the exits are useable. But now the HAB starts like 3 meters in front of you. You need like 12 meters of real estate in front of you to place a HAB, it is nye impossible to put habs somewhere now. Talking of HABs, can´t we just simply get rid of them alltogether, and spawn in on the radio again? HABs are big as ships. Radio can be hidden in houses, in basements, in bushes, you name it. Just think of all the possible tactics! And if someone really believes that some hescostuctures are necessary around the spawn, well those people could have placed hescoshit around the radio the entire time. Hesco walls and hescoblocks had been in the game before, you know.

- in the current iteration of the playertags, where you only ever see one tag, the medic is faced with a new problem: You see all those wounded people, but only after you reached one of them you notice there are already 3 medics working on the guy. Medics are supposed to stay apart from each other, medics are supposed to pick up people. They are not supposed to form a pile of bodies on the frontline. Only way to acomplish that is to check a fully zoomed in map constantly. Sure would help if medics would see the tags of all nearby medics, or maybe  tags of medics that are using their medkit at the moment.

- the rocket artillery techie does not do enough damage. if you learn to aim with it, if you get someone to spot for you, you then hit enemies but they simply don´t die. It is the most unrewarding and useless vehicle in the game. All it can do is transport guys, with a very high ticket cost. Either buff it, or you might as well just cut it from the game.

- on the server browser, you see a preview photo of the current map when you select a server. All those preview photos are broken. None of them have the volumetric fog in them! It´s really hard to recognise the maps by those wrong previews. The worst by far is sumari, looks like a nice and sunny map in the preview, but ingame it´s a fogged up mess.

- the main menu takes a lot of ressources and i don´t like that. it also has a lot of symbols instead of text, "ping", "back", for instance,
"on/off" button for disconnect/exit game (needlessly submenued too). If you really want to stick with icons instead of writing, you should make sure you tooltip everything. if you hoover the mouse over that eye symbol, it says "screenshot mode", that is good. if you hover over the bar chart, it doesn´t say that it means ping. pls fix. One more thing: how about pressing escape to go back one menu, like all games do it? only way right now to go back is the left-arrow-button.

- i sometimes like to camp and i really miss my ironsight as russian. that green dot thing limits visibility hard. To see all angles i camp i have to move around and that makes the enemy see me. the longer time to ADS doesn´t help me in that situation. Now i know most players don´t like ironsight. So why do all important classes one should pick have ironsights, but the rifleman can´t choose it if he wants to is beyond me.

- For over a year now squad randomly crashes when you alt-tab out of the game. If you alt-tab while the game is loading if freezes the pc for a minute before crashing. This is super super annoying. Not everyone runs two screens. Now, you know joining a server can take half an hour with all those queue bugs, you queue, -1 in front, requeue, server full, requeue, auth failed, requeue, timeout, ect. I would like to be able to just play a song on youtube or keep working on stuff while squad loades, but its impossible because alt-tab can crash it. PLEASE make your program interface correctly with the operating system it is programmed for! The worst alt-tab bug is when the server crashes while your client is alt-tabbed out of the game. You can do and click what you want, squad keeps on taking windowfocus. opening taskmanager? nope. press windowskey to open startmenu? nope! only way out of there is ctrl-alt-del and signing out, and that destroys all unsaved work you might have had on your computer. I repeat myself: This is super super annoying.

The RU already has ironsight rifleman, grenadier, AT, so what are you even complaining about.

- please bring back the red lines on the map. right now the map is unreadable.

agreed the map lines readability is very questionable, hoping we get to address this during the mapscreen rebuild process :)

- please make squad kicks last to the end of the round again.

agreed, will see about getting this on the list for next version

-please revert back to the old way SLs would see the HAB while placing it.

will look into the distances here, but i have a feeling it may have been changed to avoid some potential glitching. we can perhaps add a better way to visualize the exits on the HAB to help with its placement at least. as far as swapping to radio, not likely to happen, but there will definitely be changes coming to the spawning dynamics.

medics would see the tags of all nearby medics, or maybe  tags of medics that are using their medkit at the moment.

yeah ideally we can change the way nametags are drawn when medic has his field dressing/medkit out, so he can see all dead players and medic tags within a set range (25-50m)

- the rocket artillery techie

ya its pretty crappy vehicle currently. 11.1 saw its tickets reduced to 10 so its not quite so expensive to the team, but yes it needs TLC to get it up to a state where it can be used effectively as a terror artillery weapon. I would love to see 2-3 of these on a map like Kohat, raining down hell :)

server browser preview photos out of date

agreed they do not quite look like the actual map... will hopefully address this in the future with some more server info as well

the main menu takes a lot of ressources, you should make sure you tooltip everything. how about pressing escape to go back one menu, like all games do it? only way right now to go back is the left-arrow-button.

good suggestion

why do all important classes one should pick have ironsights, but the rifleman can´t choose it if he wants to is beyond me.

i believe this is fixed, RU rifleman gets a choice between irons and aimpoint

- For over a year now squad randomly crashes when you alt-tab out of the game

yeah its hella frustrating and i have screwed myself over alot of times trying to alt tab after round end to take a look at discord etc (only have one screen right now). this will definitely be address before leaving early access.

17 hours ago, Front TE said:

- please bring back the red lines on the map. right now the map is unreadable. When we had red lines, black lines and white lines, it was very easy to read the map and put down markers, because quadrants, keypads and subkeys were recognizable by their different visual appearance. Now all these lines are in the same greyish tone and the lines even change width when you zoom on the map.
the only way right now to put down a marker is to zoom out the map completely so you are able to find and mark the quadrant first, then you have to zoom in and concentrate hard to find the right keypad and subkey.
I know you done away with the red lines because you got reports that players couldn´t read the map well. The reason for that was the introduction of the subkeys, AND NOT THE RED LINES! Before you introduced subkeys ingame, many people didn´t even recognize that the one is in the bottom left and not the top left on a keypad ("oh i thought it is like the "numpad" on my mobile phone duh lul").

what if your colour blind?

- please make kicks last to the end of the round again. We now have that awesome invite system, it even is working (after you assign the keys for it). There is not one reason in the world anymore why a kick should only last 3 minutes. SLs kick people for reasons. Nothing more frustrating then to notice that the same retard joined again, didn´t say anything again, spawned main again, took another btr again. SLs need some authority, else you don´t even need to bother playing SL.

not sure 'authority' is the right word in a game but agreed if someone is kicked then being able to get back into the squad seems daft, if you kick in error then the invite button works.

-please revert back to the old way SLs would see the HAB while placing it. In the old version, you could see all the exits of the hab you wanted to to place. you just had to look down, to see the near doors, and the far doors were in front of you. with the old system we were able to put the hab in places and we could make sure that the exits are useable. But now the HAB starts like 3 meters in front of you. You need like 12 meters of real estate in front of you to place a HAB, it is nye impossible to put habs somewhere now. Talking of HABs, can´t we just simply get rid of them alltogether, and spawn in on the radio again? HABs are big as ships. Radio can be hidden in houses, in basements, in bushes, you name it. Just think of all the possible tactics! And if someone really believes that some hescostuctures are necessary around the spawn, well those people could have placed hescoshit around the radio the entire time. Hesco walls and hescoblocks had been in the game before, you know.

I struggled to see the entrances on the old version too, it would be nice to have arrows or something that showed where the entrances were.

- in the current iteration of the playertags, where you only ever see one tag, the medic is faced with a new problem: You see all those wounded people, but only after you reached one of them you notice there are already 3 medics working on the guy. Medics are supposed to stay apart from each other, medics are supposed to pick up people. They are not supposed to form a pile of bodies on the frontline. Only way to acomplish that is to check a fully zoomed in map constantly. Sure would help if medics would see the tags of all nearby medics, or maybe  tags of medics that are using their medkit at the moment.

you can see on the map whether there are other medics about this is not an issue.. if you see 2 medics then dont go in;

- the rocket artillery techie does not do enough damage. if you learn to aim with it, if you get someone to spot for you, you then hit enemies but they simply don´t die. It is the most unrewarding and useless vehicle in the game. All it can do is transport guys, with a very high ticket cost. Either buff it, or you might as well just cut it from the game.

its not used that much at all as its very in accurate.. needs a little buff to make it more lethal def.

- the main menu takes a lot of ressources and i don´t like that. it also has a lot of symbols instead of text, "ping", "back", for instance,
"on/off" button for disconnect/exit game (needlessly submenued too). If you really want to stick with icons instead of writing, you should make sure you tooltip everything. if you hoover the mouse over that eye symbol, it says "screenshot mode", that is good. if you hover over the bar chart, it doesn´t say that it means ping. pls fix. One more thing: how about pressing escape to go back one menu, like all games do it? only way right now to go back is the left-arrow-button.

personally nothing wrong with the menu apart from how the hell do you save your favourites, and its very very frustrating sort (server sort) that has a mind of its own

- i sometimes like to camp and i really miss my ironsight as russian. that green dot thing limits visibility hard. To see all angles i camp i have to move around and that makes the enemy see me. the longer time to ADS doesn´t help me in that situation. Now i know most players don´t like ironsight. So why do all important classes one should pick have ironsights, but the rifleman can´t choose it if he wants to is beyond me.

I like the new sight but other classes have iron sight do they not?

- For over a year now squad randomly crashes when you alt-tab out of the game. If you alt-tab while the game is loading if freezes the pc for a minute before crashing. This is super super annoying. Not everyone runs two screens. Now, you know joining a server can take half an hour with all those queue bugs, you queue, -1 in front, requeue, server full, requeue, auth failed, requeue, timeout, ect. I would like to be able to just play a song on youtube or keep working on stuff while squad loades, but its impossible because alt-tab can crash it. PLEASE make your program interface correctly with the operating system it is programmed for! The worst alt-tab bug is when the server crashes while your client is alt-tabbed out of the game. You can do and click what you want, squad keeps on taking windowfocus. opening taskmanager? nope. press windowskey to open startmenu? nope! only way out of there is ctrl-alt-del and signing out, and that destroys all unsaved work you might have had on your computer. I repeat myself: This is super super annoying.

have to agree that this gets frustrating when initially loading the game switching between screens will freeze the game.  Basically I have to leave it alone until its actually loading into a match then I have no problems... the same thing actually happens in Post Scriptum so is it unreal4 prob?

4 hours ago, kuracino said:

I need this:

lang.jpg

Let's hope that this won't make European servers split up thier player base in a way that people that have abit of struggle with english would only look for servers that fit thier language , i mean i do understand that some people prefer to use thier native language , but you know .... why not use english as much as you can ? I mean it's international so it allows you to communicate with basically everyone ( my native language is hebrew by the way ) , and also you get to practice some english  .

- i think it would be a very neat feature to have a "stop refreshing" button in the server browser. Oftentimes the servers i want to join pop up as soon as i hit refresh, but i cannot select those servers, as the serverlist slowly keeps building up in a very chaotic manner. i would like to be able to hit a "stop refreshing" button in that situation, just have the client list all servers it received unchaoticly, and start connecting. I also imagine this could improve the overall performance of the server browser for everyone, as less data needs to be transfered to every client that clicks stop refreshing.

- does the following dialogue seem familiar to you? "hey SL, we just lost our rally to the enemy!" - "no, i have just placed down a new rallypoint, that made the old one disappear..." your squaddies watch the map while they wait for spawn, and of course they call out the rally disappearing. it is slightly confusing right now and that leads to unnecessary chatter. I think we could alleviate this by having some visual indicator of how you are loosing the rallypoint. I imagine it like this: if you place a new rally, the old rally´s symbol gets half transparent and then slowly fades out (over 2 seconds or something). if the enemy takes down our rally, it gets unusable and briefly blinks red two times before disappearing. if squaddies use the rally up, just have it disappear like it is now.

- regarding the burst mode: i am a civilian, never shot a gun, maybe i see it all wrong, but anyways: i always imagined a burst mode to work like this: a single pull of the trigger  lets off a predetermined number of shots. it doesn´t work like that in squad however. if you switch to burst and click once, you let of a single shot. if you hold fire, then you get up to three shots leaving the gun. the burst mode in squad is basically full auto with a cap of 3 bullets max, and not 3 shots being fired after a single trigger pull. is this really accurate?

- i know a feature that has been requested a lot, but everyone feels like we don´t have the performance overhead to implement it: Rear view mirrors. now, vehicles IRL have rear view mirrors, so you can use the reverse gear. with squad being 1st person view only, driving is severly hampered without the ability to look where you are going while reversing. Which got more important every update as more and more features need supplies being collected back in main base. I don´t just want to point out the shortcomings, i would like to offer some ideas of how to work around and leviate this problem, too. Could we retain the ability to lean while being mounted in a vehicle? then we could just lean left (out the window) and point the mouse backwards to see behind us. Very much like it works in My Summer Car:

- Another solution could be to just copy what SCS Soft is doing in all their truck driving games. If you move the mouse far to the left, you automatically look out the side window backwards:

- every once in a while you run into problems with the totally invisible edge of the map. sometimes it isn´t where it is marked on the map, so you run into it where it isn´t expected, if you do that with a vehicle it can get wedged between scenery and the invisible wall and get unrecoverable (great spot for that is east of the train east of castle on narva, coming from rus main). so, could you just make the wall visible? let the edge of the map have a slight gleam of some sort when you get close. Something like the circles in KOTH games or the track boundaries in NFS games. make it tasteful and undistracting but let there be some indicator that you are about to hit a wall when you get close to it.

30 minutes ago, Front TE said:

i know a feature that has been requested a lot, but everyone feels like we don´t have the performance overhead to implement it: Rear view mirrors. now, vehicles IRL have rear view mirrors, so you can use the reverse gear. with squad being 1st person view only, driving is severly hampered without the ability to look where you are going while reversing

I'll take rear parking camera over mirrors. Press "R" for a PIP window appearing somewhere on your screen while trying to reverse. 

On 5/31/2018 at 1:16 PM, Front TE said:

please bring back the red lines on the map

+9999

please make kicks last to the end of the round again

but maybe 2 buttons? kick and ban? because sometimes we just kick because a friend is joining or hes afk and I would be fine with him joining later

please revert back to the old way SLs would see the HAB while placing it

with free look its actually not hard at all

playertags

PLEASE they tried to fix the issue because they heard to the vocal minority and now its ruined, especially with that giant ass SL one that you can see EVERYWHERE

on the server browser, you see a preview photo of the current map when you select a server

Not a big deal really when you can read

the main menu takes a lot of ressources

again doest really bother me

we just simply get rid of them alltogether, and spawn in on the radio again? HABs are big as ships.

Also going back to this, no. A HAB system is much better

i sometimes like to camp and i really miss my ironsight as russian.

We still have iron sights for russians

Actually the map is unreadeable because anything that's not the min zoom level will offset the letters and numbers, so you can't tell grids from each other anymore. All that's needed is to make it so that the letters and numbers always intersect X(X)kp5skp5 - like it used to be on the old maps. Then you can tell at a glance. Right now you have to either mouse over or look at your position and guess from which grid line looks like it's one pixel wider than the other and trying to remember what zoom level you are in and what's the exact width of that grid line in that zoom level.