RipGroove

Can we please get a logo change on the spawn screen?

Can we get a logo by the player name that represents the fact that the player has one of the two Rifleman + Optic kits? Currently all the Rifleman logos look the same which is very frustrating when you are forced out of that kit by SL to be a Medic or LAT or whatever at which point one of the 'normal' Rifleman then take the Rifleman + Optic kit when it really should have been one of those 'normal' Rifleman that switched to another Role.

There is a reason each Squad only gets 2 Rifleman + Optic kits, they are valuable kits but we often get treated like 'normal' Rifleman and sent on Logi runs or forced to switch to other Roles.

28553246088_f0dc8f7984_o.png

:D

Posted (edited)

I think it would be a UI improvement to have the scoped option shown, but let's look at it another way.

Full squad:

1 x SL

2x Medics

1x AR (LMG)

1x MG

1x Grenadier

1x AT

2x Scoped Riflemen

In that group, who is supposed to do the logi run? It's probably one of the riflemen :) Doesn't really matter if you have a pretty 4x on there or not, at least from my perspective as a SL ^_^

Edit: 142 FPS, ugh I'll just go hang myself now :x

Edited by Psyrus

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Psyrus said:

142 FPS, ugh I'll just go hang myself now :x

lol, that's a non overclocked 1080ti at 3440x1440 21:9 Ultrawide with all Graphics maxxed + SMAA (no res scaling). And just to add, the whole system is almost silent under load :D

2 hours ago, Psyrus said:

I think it would be a UI improvement to have the scoped option shown, but let's look at it another way.

Full squad:

1 x SL

2x Medics

1x AR (LMG)

1x MG

1x Grenadier

1x AT

2x Scoped Riflemen

In that group, who is supposed to do the logi run? It's probably one of the riflemen :) Doesn't really matter if you have a pretty 4x on there or not, at least from my perspective as a SL ^_^

That's fine in that example but more often than not you end up with a few normal Rifleman as well as Rifleman + Optic, the UI change would just make things easier for everyone, it wouldn't change the structure of the Squads etc. Especially when your Squad is low on numbers so Support Roles are closed. 

Edited by RipGroove

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RipGroove said:

lol, that's a non overclocked 1080ti at 3440x1440 21:9 Ultrawide with all Graphics maxxed + SMAA (no res scaling). And just to add, the whole system is almost silent under load :D

Without Super Sampling right? Same here + 8600 OC 4.9 and with with SS i play with 60-80...on heavy map/situation (Kohat) my fps drops to 40...

Edited by Tmac

I don't get it why they changed it... Before you could see which one has got an ACOG and which one just a normal rifleman. Now it's so annoying you can't see this.

+ one for OP. I hope this changes with UI improvements. 

On 5/29/2018 at 4:01 AM, Psyrus said:

Full squad:

1 x SL

2x Medics

1x AR (LMG)

1x MG

1x Grenadier

1x AT

2x Scoped Riflemen

Edit: 142 FPS, ugh I'll just go hang myself now :x

that doesnt happen all the time, we are talking pubs here

+99 I think it could be really simple by just adding a scope symbol for any role with a magnification above 1x

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2018 at 3:14 PM, Tmac said:

Without Super Sampling right? Same here + 8600 OC 4.9 and with with SS i play with 60-80...on heavy map/situation (Kohat) my fps drops to 40...

No SS, but I can run 1.25 on some maps and it still stays above 100fps, but I have it off as FPS can drop low on some maps.

Bump, for the OP. 

The "Rifleman" is always getting kicked to make room for a friend, sent on Logi runs, forced to swap role etc etc because the SL does not realize you actually have the optic and you're not just a normal Rifleman. 

I think when playing as British the optic Rifleman does not even unlock until 9 or 9 players are in the squad so it's quite an important role, yet it has the same logo as the normal Rifleman so SL's just treat you as such, a simple logo change to show the optic would make a lot of difference.

Edited by RipGroove

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2018 at 4:41 PM, OVKHuman said:

that doesnt happen all the time, we are talking pubs here

+99 I think it could be really simple by just adding a scope symbol for any role with a magnification above 1x

Exactly.

Edited by RipGroove

On 5/30/2018 at 4:12 PM, Friesen said:

I don't get it why they changed it... Before you could see which one has got an ACOG and which one just a normal rifleman. Now it's so annoying you can't see this.

Yes I also seem to remember that back in the early days, why on Earth would they change it?!

Posted (edited)

I don't think having a scoped rifle is a reason to not have you doing logi runs or switch to medic. Last thing I want is someone arguing with me when I've asked them to move to medic because they have a x4 scope. Just sounds like an excuse to avoid the medic role. It's very much a team game and it's what has made Squad so successful, it's hard enough to get anyone to go medic at the moment. I don't want to have to shift through my non scoped rifleman to fill a more important role when I just want a role filled whilst I have multiple other stuff to deal with. 

I can't see what benefits it actually brings apart from knowing specifics of your rifleman, which really isn't much use when Squad Leaders have more important things to think about.

Edited by Quadro

Rifleman will get an icon to differentiate between iron/optics

6 hours ago, fuzzhead said:

Rifleman will get an icon to differentiate between iron/optics

Brilliant, thank you.

Posted (edited)
On 7/27/2018 at 5:00 AM, Quadro said:

I don't think having a scoped rifle is a reason to not have you doing logi runs or switch to medic. Last thing I want is someone arguing with me when I've asked them to move to medic because they have a x4 scope. Just sounds like an excuse to avoid the medic role. It's very much a team game and it's what has made Squad so successful, it's hard enough to get anyone to go medic at the moment. I don't want to have to shift through my non scoped rifleman to fill a more important role when I just want a role filled whilst I have multiple other stuff to deal with. 

I can't see what benefits it actually brings apart from knowing specifics of your rifleman, which really isn't much use when Squad Leaders have more important things to think about.

as a guy that squad leads 75% of the time with 1000 hours I have to disagree, I totally see OP's distress here, when Im NOT SLing it really annoys me to be asked to switch to medic and I do so and then the non-firesupport LMG or the sneaky non-optic rifleman who didnt take the medic that caused this problem switch and take the optic rifleman literally the moment I switch to medic. Im just like... Really?!

The optic rifleman role is very important and shouldnt be thrown willy nilly about and allow someone whos not willing to even take the medic class steal it from someone that took it fairly, Id rather that guy that switched to Medic be the scoped rifleman then the guy that joined the squad and DIDNT take a kit thats literally an improvement upon what he had steal it immediately after the guy switches, all relative I guess, medics are pretty important too but typically its easier for bad players to play medic, all they need to do is get to you safely. If you have your Top KDR'er be medic then sure hes going to be a pretty good medic but your wasting his potential since half the time he has a bandage out.z

Counter to what baddies say, Kills and KDR DOES matter, the less you die the longer you were actually alive and an asset instead of sitting on a spawn screen 60 seconds every time you die, the more you kill the easier it is to defend and take objectives with minimal casualties and ticket loss, the vast majority of games when you see at the end the results, the winning team almost always dwarfs the opposition in regards to KDR, if you think about it getting kills is just as important as having a medic since getting killed is what makes you have to get that medic in the first place.

This may sound a bit elitist and "ooh im better" but I feel the pain cuz I've played plenty of games as an Optic rifleman and I generally am at least 15 kills, most ever without using vehicles was 60, have a screenshot of playing on a German server last week(Not squad leading cuz my German isnt very good) where I got 40(was a LAT for the first 45 minutes then switched to optic grenadier for British later), won by only 12 tickets, my kills mattered only used LAT a few times so could u imagine if I had an optic the entire time? ,but if it's a map with typically long engagement distances or terrible textures which make it hard to see anyone past 100m then Im not going to perform nearly as good, Im sure this is also why other people want the optic too, but I've never complained and asked for the optic when I wasnt the optic, I've played my fair share of medic games, and still do, so it annoys me that when I got it fairly that Id be asked to switch to medic and then someone takes it unfairly. I know for a fact it would be best if I had the optic, and since Im so good I generally just play squad leader cuz I think I know best and always have the optic.(cool thing that happened once that took me aback, someone actually gave me the optic when I was medic before the game started and I asked why and he said cuz I was the best on the team the previous game, so other people feel the same way, optic is important)

As a Squadleader when we need a medic I constantly have to be like "Whoever the non optic rifleman is can you switch to medic", and they still try to freaking hide and not speak, I kick those people. You like, need to call them out by name to do anything.

It's the same issue every squad leader has with dropping fresh rallies, a FOB radio, driving logi's, driving armored vehicles, switching to a useful kit etc... If you just say "Can I get 1 LAT please?" it wont be done, you have to be like "Hey Dickweed ..." Call them out by name, and this very long reply is just to say, I cant call out the dickweeds that have the downgraded version of a medic kit to take the damn medic kit.

Edited by NelsonH

Posted (edited)
On 27/07/2018 at 10:00 AM, Quadro said:

Do you realise that even if a medic revives 1-2 guys, the scoped rifleman can kill up to sometimes 3x, 4x even times more than average standard no-scope rifleman. This is because the way zoom with the optics work in this game is done that is extremely easy to get kills with it. In other games zoomed optics are a lot harder to use, therefore in Squad you actually want your squad to opt for scopes rather than medic even.

The fact of the matter is that optics in this game behave wayy too powerful and are just too OP, there's very little sway, no penalty from suppression/getting hit and numerous other missing mechanics which makes the optics just too powerful in this game to the point that it actually makes your squad more powerful to have more optics over a medic even.

Edited by Friesen

Posted (edited)

Either way, whether you like it or not, the SL should easily be able to tell which squad members have which kit just by looking at their logo which currently they cannot. With the current system SL's have to ask all rifleman what kit they actually have before making decisions about who should do what, which most do not, they just randomly pick a rifleman's name.

In some situations the SL might want to send Scoped Rifleman on a logi run or ask him to switch to medic and that's fine, the argument here is not which role is more important, it's about clearing up the confusion caused by the SL not knowing who is scoped and who is not. Often SL's forget about scoped rifleman and just randomly bark orders at you to change to medic or whatever without even realizing you have an optic which generally will get taken by a 'normal' rifleman if you are forced to leave the role. So essentially the squad structure has not changed, all that's happened is scoped rifleman gets asked to switch to something else and a normal rifleman jumps in the scoped role, hardly fair if you got the scoped role first is it? That normal rifleman should have changed roles and left the scoped rifleman out of it. Confusion is the only issue here, change the logo = end the confusion allowing SL to make informed decisions rather than randomly pick a name and then force it to save face even if it is the wrong decision.

On 8/24/2018 at 11:27 AM, Friesen said:

Do you realise that even if a medic revives 1-2 guys, the scoped rifleman can kill up to sometimes 3x, 4x even times more than average standard no-scope rifleman. This is because the way zoom with the optics work in this game is done that is extremely easy to get kills with it. In other games zoomed optics are a lot harder to use, therefore in Squad you actually want your squad to opt for scopes rather than medic even.

The fact of the matter is that optics in this game behave wayy too powerful and are just too OP, there's very little sway, no penalty from suppression/getting hit and numerous other missing mechanics which makes the optics just too powerful in this game to the point that it actually makes your squad more powerful to have more optics over a medic even.

Hmm, not so OP in my case, try hitting a clean shot when this is what you are dealing with (only some maps & scopes have this issue):

Edited by RipGroove