Sign in to follow this  
pigsoup

Rocket Truck bugged

I am pretty sure the dev knows this already but I could not find a thread for it so I am just making a thread.

The rocket does not fire from INS rocket truck. 

Suffice to say, I was devastated when I found out in match. 

Yeah has been said.

My guess is someone's  playing with it, so maybe there's going to be a hydra V2, in 3 weeks :)

22 hours ago, pigsoup said:

I am pretty sure the dev knows this already but I could not find a thread for it so I am just making a thread.

The rocket does not fire from INS rocket truck. 

Suffice to say, I was devastated when I found out in match. 

It *may* still be firing on the server, just not playing the animation locally. I think the QA team is aware of this one, but we'll double check. Thanks for letting us know!

Just delete it. Noone uses it because it sucks. If you added a way to aim maybe it would be used a little more. As it stands, itll stay at main with the dirtbikes.

5 hours ago, _randombullet said:

Just delete it. Noone uses it because it sucks. If you added a way to aim maybe it would be used a little more. As it stands, itll stay at main with the dirtbikes.

I do agree that we should have some way to aim this , even though it wouldn't be realistic .... But at the same time in real life insurgents usually aim these at types of improvised artillery at populated cities instead of for precision strikes , they aim them at cities in order to cuase chaos , becuase with a city full of civillians they would probably hit something .

Note** since i guess that the insurgent group does not represents any particular real life terrorist group , we could assume that they might actually not even be the "bad guys" and are somewhat more compassionate for innocent casualties , so they won't just randomly fire it at a genral dircetion of a city , so this vehicle could actually represent thier artillery tool ( ofcourse with added aiming abillities ).

22 hours ago, _randombullet said:

There should be improvements, including some UI work, in the future to make it a more useful tool, but you're right, it's not a great platform right now. We do want it to be a useful part of a chosen strategy.

1 hour ago, Gatzby said:

There should be improvements, including some UI work, in the future to make it a more useful tool, but you're right, it's not a great platform right now. We do want it to be a useful part of a chosen strategy.

Great news Gatzby! I pulled one up to the battle the other day and it was like a unicorn. Squad members had no idea what it even was. Glad to hear they are making improvements on it. 

i love it how it is. (minus the current A11.1 bug)

the only change I would make is to make the bodies fly in the air when killed as a feedback for effectiveness :)

Posted (edited)

yea i dont mind how it is if it works. you just need other SL to spot. it might be a niche unit that is not for every occasion but not all vics have to be useful every situation or even every game. 

p.s. thanks for double checking

Edited by pigsoup