Posted (edited)

Today was the reveal of new Battlefield 2018, Battlefield Vietnam.... whoops, I meant 5 or V, whatever you prefer.

Livestream:

Battlefield V 1st Trailer:

Here's my thought about this trailer: Unrealist and stupid. I believe that all of this stuff happened in Singleplayer mode, I would not be surprised if we don't see that kind of stuff in multiplayer.
What's your thought on this trailer?

Edited by Dennisz125

Wait, was not the announcement of the new Bordlerland's game?:P

Anyway, the video of the gameplay mechanics from JF sounds good (too much familiar), but those soldiers aestetics just kill my immersion

-No Season Pass
-Launch locations are France, Africa and Rottedam and North Africa desert
-Coop Mode called Combined Arms
-Single player War Stories return
-Fortifications are things like sand ags, trenches, tank stoppers. Only supports can build offensively defense fortifications such as machine guns, field cannons and are much faster at building everything.
-Predetermined areas to build such as at flags, can rebuild destroyed buildings
-Health bar is in stages, only regen up to closet stage not to 100 anymore
-Physical interactions - every action in the game requires a player interact for things like medkits, spotting, ammo, ledge grabbing (example: healing requires walking over to a health pack, character animation to pick it up, then start healing)
-No more HUD/map spotting, spotting is based on movement/changes around you
-Much less ammo on spawn, out of ammo after a few fights, but more ways to resupply ammo in the battlefield from packs, crates, or grabbing small amounts of ammo off of bodies (all requires physical interactions)
-Revive system has a full on animation, takes a few seconds to complete, no more revive trains, takes time to complete
-Ragdolls are server side, can now drag a downed player's body elsewhere
-Any class can do a squad revive, takes longer than a medic revive, does not give full health points

-Can call for help when down such as in the trailer
-Ragdolls (player bodies) effect the environment, push down grass etc.
-Gunplay completely changed
-No more visual recoil
-Each gun has a unique recoil pattern that can be learned and mastered
-Bipods easier to use and setup
-Bullet penetration through thin wood, sheet metal, walls
-Movement change, can now dive froward, backward, left and right similar to R6 Siege prone system
-Diving has a delay to prevent dolphin diving
-Crouch sprinting is in the game
-Can burst out of widows and commando roll, no destroying windows first
-Can catch, throwback or shoot grenades
-Less grenades because less ammo
-Can tow items in the game with vehicles such as previously stationary anti-air guns, teammate can use an anti-air gun while you tow it with a vehicle
-For example, can drive a tiger tank towing a field cannon behind it or a truck towing ammo crate to resupply teammates on the front line
-Destruction explodes inwards or outwards based on where the destruction happens. Throw a grenade inside of the building? The explosion sen
ds things outside of it. Outside of it? Breaks inwards.
-Tank driving

Just read an article on the game play, seems they got spies in this forum, because I see a lot of ideas mentioned here in the article.  Plus I knew it, back to WW2.  But I won't say told you so. :)

4 hours ago, Dennisz125 said:

Today was the reveal of new Battlefield 2018, Battlefield Vietnam.... whoops, I meant 5 or V, whatever you prefer.

Here's my thought about this trailer: Unrealist and stupid. I believe that all of this stuff happened in Singleplayer mode, I would not be surprised if we don't see that kind of stuff in multiplayer.
What's your thought on this trailer?

totally agree Dennisz. does BF itself even know what it wants to be? this trailer cements in my mind how much of a joke BF has become.

Posted (edited)

It seems like an odd transition from BF1 tonally.

Even though BF1 was certainly an unrealistic representation of WW1 it still tried to portray the war as brutal and somber, at least in singleplayer. This seems lighthearted, adventurous  and cartoony which is a complete 180 from the previous game.

I've seen a lot of people complaining about women being in the game but that's silly. If the game was male only it would still have the same wacky tone.

Edited by Stom

Trailer was pretty good, it captured the feel of playing BF online.
I'll pass though.

So now players in BFV will be able to place fortifications.....I think OWI got under DICE's skin. Good.

3 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

So now players in BFV will be able to place fortifications.....I think OWI got under DICE's skin. Good.

...or they got it from BF2: Project Reality mod:D

No thank. Too arcadie

If only EA wasn't such an awful company. I don't think I'm going to get this battlefield unless loot boxes are confirmed not in the game.

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV (5).....

That sequence itself tells you they have lost their way and don't know what to do or where they're headed. 

In what world does CoD give you a more realistic representation of WW2 than a Battlefield game? They lost me at BF1 (ignoring Hardline) and I still see no reason to return. They could of updated BF1942 with today's graphics, destruction and slant to teamplay and I would of bought into it.

RIP CoD, RIP Battlefield. Thank goodness for the Indie devs who are staying true to history.

Updated bf1942.....that sounds like an opportunity to me, but that has been the aim of all ww2 games since it came out, and no one has succeeded yet?

38 minutes ago, Dennisz125 said:

I wonder why they don't use the name Battlefield 1944?

i think they have put 1945 as a name to console release couple years ago... so i guess that would bring even more confusion (if possible).

I can honestly see why people would get hyped for it, hell with BF3 back then i used to be one of em. It's just that i learned from experience that it's not going to meet the hype, at least not for me. I like how they are going for more teamwork, and no lootboxes and season pass, i appreciate that. Also since BF4 they released some free maps, which is always awesome, free extra content!

I might get it after reading some reviews (probably waiting for AJ's). People have to understand that Battlefield is part of the most casual market, aimed at a completely different audience than Squad, tho i like that they are trying to include a few Squad-like mechanics to their gameplay formula. Idk guys, i am very skeptical, but i might end up buying it after all if some of my irl friends get it.

Just having a modern ww2 game with boats, planes, tanks, subs, infantry vehicles all at same time on same map would make the masses flock to the game in droves.  Build it and they will come.

The review and the subsequent releases are just so... disparate. I'm curious to see what game we actually get. Never know what you're going to get with a Battlefield, I suppose.

I'm actually somewhat optimistic for this one, based on what gameplay details I came across. Maybe they've made enough shitty BFs to finally come up with a good one. There is ton of stuff that can go wrong though.