Posted (edited)

If I wanted to see curving bullets, I'd watch wanted.  I hear him walking up to the corner.  Shoots me before he even comes around the corner.

Edited by H4ilToTheKing

That sounded like you were hit multiple times in one frame, probably the server lagging and catching up. It's frustrating when things like this happens but this is just the nature of online games.

Even so, shot before someone even is visible around a corner.

And no, it's not "all online games".  Doesn't happen on real game engines.  IDK what they need to tweek, but it needs to be done before BO4 and BF5 come out ;) 

5 minutes ago, H4ilToTheKing said:

Even so, shot before someone even is visible around a corner.

but the BF series does this, and the shot-2-seconds-after-gaining-hard-cover, so well - BF's are made on a purpose built "real" engine and still have just as many issues (BF4, on release, being a prime example).

does this happen regularly? randomly? hardly at all? - i ask because it looks like plain old latency/packet-loss to me (given there is only a few seconds of footage).

Your arms poke out further than your camera when you're prone, so he could have legitimately just shot you from off screen

Aside from the obvious server lag issue and tickrate issue, I would like to suggest that there's a modeling issue here. Many times I've seen someone whose head and gun were behind solid obstacles, yet he would be able to hit me anyway. This was probably due to the desync between actual (enemy) player model and (enemy) player 1st person view, I roughly recall that the dev once mentioned that your line of sight actually does not match your actual head position. This is fairly annoying, as the game is misleading me into believing that the enemy does not have line of sight on me.

From the sound on the video sounded like he was on the roof to your left when he shot you and with it being sumari it has a high chance that is what happened.

And don't forget this bull ****.  Bullet proof head shot doesn't kill.

5 hours ago, Good-Try Greg said:

Your arms poke out further than your camera when you're prone, so he could have legitimately just shot you from off screen

That goes both ways genius.  I would be able to see his arms before him as well, or top of his head if he's leaning.

In the video above i think your first bullet hit his right elbow/upper arm. The rest of them clearly miss going over his left shoulder and by half way through your burst you are about 15cm above his head.

first video shows nothing. You may have been shot from somewhere else or your arms are way in front of your view point.

the internet should come with a warning to help angry people cope.

Posted (edited)

The first video, if you listen carefully you can hear someone changing their equipment directly behind you. You got shot in the head, behind you!

The second video clearly shows you missed. First bullet misses the enemies elbow by milometers and then the recoil kicked very sharply of to the right and continues to miss. I only ever see my recoil kicking off like that when I've put the wrong mouse input. I think you've done the same when caught a little by surprise, we've all done it! We all know how unforgiving the recoil is in this game. I quite like the recoil mechanics.

Edited by Quadro

3 hours ago, Quadro said:

The first video, if you listen carefully you can hear someone changing their equipment directly behind you. You got shot in the head, behind you!

The second video clearly shows you missed. First bullet misses the enemies elbow by milometers and then the recoil kicked very sharply of to the right and continues to miss. I only ever see my recoil kicking off like that when I've put the wrong mouse input. I think you've done the same when caught a little by surprise, we've all done it! We all know how unforgiving the recoil is in this game. I quite like the recoil mechanics.

The person changing behind me was the medic who just brought me up.  The enemy came out of the head set at my 10 o'clock position.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Quadro said:

If you had slowed the video down, you would have seen two hits, one on the left side of the HEAD.  The second on the right side of the HEAD.

Two head shots.  No kill.  Either cheating, or horrible game coding.

jeOKkdC.png

Kb9vNCy.png

eJd1ado.png

Edited by H4ilToTheKing

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Quadro said:

I only ever see my recoil kicking off like that when I've put the wrong mouse input. I think you've done the same when caught a little by surprise, we've all done it! We all know how unforgiving the recoil is in this game. I quite like the recoil mechanics.

Actually, if you paid attention when you played, you cannot FULLY compensate for recoil.  When you mouse down BEYOND this INNATE resistance only your camera moves down, your weapon continues to travel based on recoil.

Toggle off next time and see how recoil really works.  If you care to see what a legit player looks like handling recoil, I'd love to post one for you, then you can post one of you cheating to compensate for this BUILT IN mechanic.  ;) 

Since I gtg to work, I just made it anyway to premtively show, you're either

• talking out your, you know what
  • cheating

Video clearly shows you can only "compensate" so much.  And that while compensating, you CANNOT CONTROL left and right recoil.

Edited by H4ilToTheKing

5 hours ago, suds said:

the internet should come with a warning to help angry people cope.

Yep 

Posted (edited)

Its the bullshit need to not have 1 shot kills with bullshit excuses like body armour and over penetration.

Yes body armour works but what man on this planet takes a round to anywhere and returns fire with any degree of accuracy.

Second, since even if you could have a proper wounding system and knockback you wouldn't add it as it would take away from the game and the 'accessibility' (aka profits)  and since thats the case ANY large calibre round should just be considered a kill, this bullshit IWO has about not having one shot kills is beyond stupid... and before some 'expert' tells me about how body armour does xyz tell me how insurgence can take multiple rounds..... yeah.

Just do it like ArmA/RO2 and snowflakes be damned.

Edited by v76

games are different to real life....luckily.

They should develop a realistic control of weapon. MG is like a pistol. You can turn 360 easily. 

On 5/23/2018 at 7:45 AM, suds said:

games are different to real life....luckily.

Someone should create a muscle stimulator that goes on your balls and zaps your testicles when you get shot at. That'll teach em! 

Posted (edited)

And MORE pathetic "physics" cannot even get kills with 3x hits to chest and 7.62 to the ****ing face doesn't do crap.

Edited by H4ilToTheKing

5 hours ago, H4ilToTheKing said:

And MORE pathetic "physics" cannot even get kills with 3x hits to chest and 7.62 to the ****ing face doesn't do crap.

Looks like you're hitting the first guy in the arm, not the chest, and the same thing probably happened with the russian in your earlier video (the blood splatter seems to originate from the shoulders). 

There's a delay between anything you see and what is actually happening according to the server, that's simply the nature of online gaming (and the server always has the last say). Some games seem to be better at handling it so it isn't as obvious, in some it's more visible, but the delay is always there either way. Squad had varying success with this issue from version to version and there still is a lot of space for improvement right now.

That said, nothing good comes from being overly emotional about this issue, especially since the devs are already aware of it. The game will improve. If you feel like it isn't enjoyable for you at it's current state, there's nothing wrong with that. Just take a break and check back later, I'm sure you'll find a better Squad waiting for you.

how do you know you weren't shot by someone else? it is very easy to climb walls now.

On 6/3/2018 at 7:07 AM, H4ilToTheKing said:

Oh, and don't forget this "gem" when you don't even get shot by someone ****ing on your screen

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, suds said:

how do you know you weren't shot by someone else? it is very easy to climb walls now.

Take a screen shot where you see this person on the wall in front of me, exactly where the sound comes from, in front of me.

And don't forget this gem.  Happened last night.  I have almost 800 hours in this game, and I uninstalled it.  V10 and V11 are trash and have made the game unplayable.  Bring back V9 where everyone wasn't f'ing BULLET PROOF.

First shot, maybe misses, fine, I was off to the right.

Second and third shot are dead on head shots.  No kill.

Edited by H4ilToTheKing

5 hours ago, H4ilToTheKing said:

First shot, maybe misses, fine, I was off to the right.

Second and third shot are dead on head shots.  No kill.

watched the vid three times to be certain (in my mind) first two shots go right, the second one went left, none appear to be headshots, certainly not 'dead-on'.