a111carousel_image.png

Hey Soldiers,

It has been three weeks since Alpha 11 entered public testing. While Alpha 11 was in a relatively stable state, we released it without fixing many of the bugs you reported right away. Alpha 11.1 is a minor patch to incorporate those fixes. Some of the changes are intended to help with the balance of the game after closely observing gameplay these past weeks.

Patch Notes

• Reworked bandage / medic bag code for better responsiveness.
  • Fixed mods not loading if a clean installation of Squad was performed.
  • Fixed vehicles desyncing between client and server.
  • Increased speed of nametags fading in.
  • Fixed a vehicle seat state that exposed soldiers.
  • Fixed emplacement scope overlays not disappearing when the emplacement gets destroyed.
  • Fixed scopes on heavy weapons automatically unzooming and other bugs with these scopes.
  • Fixed being able to freelook while ADSing on scoped emplaced weapons.
  • Improved INS player models.
  • Updated AG 36 texture.
  • Fixed LOD meshes on the M240 and M249.
  • Several improvements on weapon animations.
  • Fixed wheel dirt effects on US truck.
  • Fixed a rare server crash that happened when a soldier was hit directly by a mortar smoke round.
  • Fixed squad-members not being able to force others out of vehicle their squad owned by entering the vehicle from the outside.
  • Fixed driving collisions on BTRs and the British truck.
  • Fixed desert BTRs having green woodland periscope meshes.
  • Fixed mines sometimes not triggering for some trucks.
  • Updated Insurgent deployable razor wire to be double stack.
  • Fixed collisions on a bush.
  • Updated localization.
  • Removed tracers from Militia and INS infantry weapons.
  • Changed INS HAT to SKS as primary weapon.
  • Adjusted cost of several deployables. TOWs are now 600 construction points.
  • TOW rearm cost increased to 500 points.
  • Changed ticket cost of vehicles:
    • IFVs (FV510, M2) - 25
    • Heavy APCs (30mm RUS APCs) - 20
    • Medium APCs (M1126, 14.5mm RUS APCs) - 15
    • Light APCs, MRAPs, AA vehicles, SPG Techi - 10
    • Trucks, Technicals - 5
    • Motorbikes - 1
  • Changed Kamdesh AAS v1 to Invasion v3 and added a new AAS v1 layer
  • On Chora Conquest v1 - replaced the INS faction with the Russian faction for balance
  • Added Kamdesh INS v2, Narva Invasion v2
  • Added Firing Range v2 with US/RU factions
  • Fixes on the following map layers:
    • Albasrah Invasion v1, v2, PAAS v1, v2
    • Belaya AAS v1, v2, v3, Invasion v1, v2, PAAS v1
    • Chora AAS v1, v2, PAAS v1, v2, Invasion v1, CQ v1
    • Fool's Road AAS v1, v2, v3, v4, Skirmish
    • Gorodok AAS v1, v2, v3, v4, Invasion V1, v2
    • Kamdesh AAS v1, Inf, INS v1, Invasion v1, v2, v3
    • Kohat AAS v1, v2, Invasion v1
    • Kokan AAS v1, v2, PAAS v1
    • Logar AAS v1, PAAS v1
    • Mestia AAS v1, v2, Invasion v1, v2, PAAS v1
    • Narva AAS v1, v2, v3, Invasion v1, v2, PAAS v1, v2
    • OPFL AAS v1
    • Sumari AAS v1, v2, v3, Inf
    • Yehorivka AAS v3, Invasion v1, v2
Thank you so much for your feedback! Your dedication keeps us going.

middle_separator.png

Offworld Out.

Tows just got dearer. Any nerf for APC ATGM Though?

Posted (edited)

Thanks guys for a great set of changes, seem to cover the almost all the bugs, especially the most important (annoying vehicle de-sync and medic changes).

I also liked some of balance changes on the TOW and intrigued by this one:

• Removed tracers from Militia and INS infantry weapons.

I can see how this matches their more hit and run style and asymmetric balance. That has definitely been improving over the last few releases. I don't have much time for many games, but Squad is getting 99% of my game time since I started in 0.5

Questions on some low priority bugs that might have been fixed, know you can't get to everything, but here's hoping:

- The M249 red dot sight being too high? (Update: Seems to be fixed! Yay!)

- The weird de-sync on building/rebuilding the TOW?

- Strange "left-over" grey SPG model left behind when reloading?

If not, no worries, the amazing game far out weighs the few minor bugs left. All I have to do is wait three weeks and they'll be fixed by magic code fairies right?

Edited by Viper3369

Great that a patch has been pushed out.

On the first note reference medics does that include the revived soldier teleporting upwards which often leads to getting stuck in structures or pointlessly exposed to further enemy fire?

I can confirm that revived soldiers are still teleporting upwards but medics are even more bugged now as bandaging downed players sometimes won't complete, the animation of ripping up the bandage package keeps repeating and it won't ever complete. Playing medic is getting more and more frustrating with every new patch unfortunately.

it's good to see updates being pushed. Thanks for the support !

Posted (edited)

Thx for update! This game is looking better and better!

Just a sidenote: Mestia Invasion v2 is very dark around US Main (US Insertion?). Lighting is kinda strange... even if i bring gamma to 3.00 there are still dark (read: black) patches of ground below trees. Is this how it's intended to be? (epic settings on all, 1.25x, eye adaptation is ON, all other options ON except pre load textures)

Edited by Disco

Just got off few games after the Update...

The most noticeable thing was - The Medic class is bugged AF right now!

For instance - Healing a Teammate will act like I'm trying to heal an enemy saying "this player is not on your team" - Happened mostly while healing SL's

second - When Bandaging incapacitated team mate will often be glitchier than ever - making few things -
1. it sometimes takes few tries of few second to successfully bandage the fallen team mate (When the animation goes off , you can see and hear everything normally, but its like you are doing nothing - then you try again and the bleeding stops).

2. After bandaging the team mate - when trying yo heal - if the player is laying on a stairs the heal will not go off (The animation will start for less than a second and stop)

And sometimes you wont be able to heal a player from 2 steps away - you will have to be right on his torso in order to heal.

3. When successfully healing - The healed player will be slightly under the surface of the platform he was healed on or will be teleported to a higher surface (top of a short wall for instance)

unfortunately  I didn't capture any pic\ videos of that matter.

Any way - Great step forwards for the game.

Thanks.

45 minutes ago, Joeker said:

how do we access firing range v2?

You have to launch V1 and then use the console to switch to "jensens range V2".

But i hope we get an easier way to launch it in the future for all the players who dont know how to do this. 

What's this latest patch on steam? It seems to have dropped this afternoon.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Gorzu said:

You have to launch V1 and then use the console to switch to "jensens range V2".

But i hope we get an easier way to launch it in the future for all the players who dont know how to do this. 

so what would be the full console command to change to firing range v2? sorry quite new to this sort of thing

Edited by Joeker

"Fixed emplacement scope overlays not disappearing when the emplacement gets destroyed"

Had this happen to me today while using a SPG techie, after firing, I switched seats to drive and still had the overlay until I died. On Al Basra if that matters. I didn't try getting out, unfortunately, to see if that would fix it, moving back and forth between driver and gunner did not. The fog of war and all that..... 

There was a bug where the armored technical was destroyed much faster by 30 mil ( 3 shots ) then the regular technical ... Is that issue has been adressed ? 

20 hours ago, SeeN said:

I can confirm that revived soldiers are still teleporting upwards but medics are even more bugged now as bandaging downed players sometimes won't complete, the animation of ripping up the bandage package keeps repeating and it won't ever complete. Playing medic is getting more and more frustrating with every new patch unfortunately.

We released another small update that should have helped medics under some network conditions. Are you finding things any better?

17 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

What was in the 47.1mb hot fix? Medic fixes?

Yep! Quick fixes to get the healing issues behaving better.

17 hours ago, Joeker said:

how do we access firing range v2?

Easiest way would probably be to hop in the current range, and use the AdminChangeMap command in the console. (I think the map name should populate after that, but maybe given it a "j" to help.)

2 hours ago, L0cation said:

There was a bug where the armored technical was destroyed much faster by 30 mil ( 3 shots ) then the regular technical ... Is that issue has been adressed ? 

Make sure to report it if you haven't. QA would know best. =) 

(Discord works too.)

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Joeker said:

so what would be the full console command to change to firing range v2? sorry quite new to this sort of thing

No problem, thanks for proving my point :P

Press one of the text chat keys (L, K, or L)

Delete the text and start typing "AdminChangeMap Jensen's Range v2"

All the admin commands will pop up and you can navigate to this one with the arrow keys.

Edited by Gorzu

9 hours ago, Gatzby said:

We released another small update that should have helped medics under some network conditions. Are you finding things any better?

Yep! Quick fixes to get the healing issues behaving better.

Easiest way would probably be to hop in the current range, and use the AdminChangeMap command in the console. (I think the map name should populate after that, but maybe given it a "j" to help.)

Make sure to report it if you haven't. QA would know best. =) 

(Discord works too.)

How come I didn't get my question answered?

hi ,from V 11.1 I noticed that the bandages are bugged, I have to use at least 3 times to treat myself and I noticed many lag that I had not before, (note that I have 100 mb/s fiber) however great job Dev,now i's a great game

4 hours ago, RAMBO ITA said:

hi ,from V 11.1 I noticed that the bandages are bugged, I have to use at least 3 times to treat myself and I noticed many lag that I had not before, (note that I have 100 mb/s fiber) however great job Dev,now i's a great game

Yes i agree the medic is buged again.The first try to bandage someone the bandaging goes on and on and on with your character holding the bandage on the friendly (i usually do it like that until it stopes by it self then i use the med pac or what ever).

Then when you try it for the second time it seems to work.

I dont know why you where touching the medic again it was working fine,for me at least.

Huh ....... still don't see a patch note saying that no longer runs like a bag of dicks on AMD processor. Guess still waiting to reinstall.

36 minutes ago, SINY10304 said:

Huh ....... still don't see a patch note saying that no longer runs like a bag of dicks on AMD processor. Guess still waiting to reinstall.

It runs really well on Ryzen AMD CPUs since A11, it just wont run that well on older FX CPUs at the moment. (And as the game is CPU intense it may never will run to good on those CPU)

56 minutes ago, koschilein said:

It runs really well on Ryzen AMD CPUs since A11, it just wont run that well on older FX CPUs at the moment. (And as the game is CPU intense it may never will run to good on those CPU)

don't buy that for a second because battlefield 1 is more graphically intense  ( looks much better ) and i am at 60 to 90 fps on ultra presets and even on low potato graphics Squad still tanks. PUBG (not a graphically intense game )  is on U4 engine and runs above 60 no problem. Guess squad needs way more optimization. v9 ran way better than v11.