Sign in to follow this  
Ein

Changing up FOBs a little

Posted (edited)

I was in one of those game where a fob was inside a tall building and it was nearly impossible to take the point or assault the building. I thought, why not make spawns consume building materials or ammo? It would mean that having a supply line would be essential for a fob and denying the enemy of said supply line would gravely hurt them, I think it would change the meta a little and give teams more options when assaulting and would make rallies even more important when on the offensive. 

Edited by Ein

Posted (edited)

I like it to be honest, was thinking that myself literally 5 minutes ago, very strange you posted this here. Would also mean cutting off enemy supply routes are even more important.

Currently, if you're a HAT/LAT it makes sense to die after you've shot your rockets, especially if there is enemy armour nearby and you don't have any ammo left on the ammo crate. Your 1 ticket death can mean -30+ tickets on the other team if you destroy a Bradley.

Reckon people should at least consume ammo points when they spawn in.

Edited by TheGenera1

also they already have a supply line that can be cutoff so shutdown the routes in and they wont have build points nor ammo ... setting up a Bradley/Stryker from distance can shoot through walls of many of those buildings.  .. Mortar the roof .

they already consume a ticket ... if the whole insurgent team is spawning on the hab then that should be easy pickings if you block the exits from the building... if they are not then you must have superior no.s on the flag...every problem does not need solved by doing it via game mechanics vs actual gameplay.

spawn changes for HAB's will be coming in the next version, yes the HAB spawn inside a building thing is a known issue and less than ideal, it wont be around forever, trust us :)

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, fuzzhead said:

spawn changes for HAB's will be coming in the next version, yes the HAB spawn inside a building thing is a known issue and less than ideal, it wont be around forever, trust us :)

fuzzhead i love you. You posted here and the aim punch thread. So nice to know what you see the same issues and are working on them!! Will we get an idea of some of these changes from recap?? :P 

Edited by Romby

This months recap unfortunately no. The June Recap will probably have a clearer picture of the major gameplay changes coming for v12