Usgu

Overload - the spiritual successor to Descent

Posted (edited)

Remember the game Descent? I loved it back in the old days. I played all three Descent games. Now Overload is coming out. Made by many of the original developers - now a small independent game studio. Overload was Kickstarted and has been on Steam Early Access for quite some time. On May 31 2018 it releases into version 1.0. Right now they started an open beta for the multiplayer. You'll find instructions how to join on their Discord #mp-announcement (link below).

Release trailer:

More info:

To help you remember Descent, maybe listen to this one:

Edited by Usgu

it does look like descent, great game, great soundtrack

I hope they dont mess it up, descent is still great today:

Time to find out if the updates give me motion sickness too! Woot! Love to see some of these classics coming back with gameplay that's amazingly accurate.

Posted (edited)

Overload launches today.

This is the launch schedule (taken from their Discord):

• Thursday 7:30am CDT/12:30pm GMT: (ish, Steam servers pending): Full game goes live!
  • Thursday 8:00am CDT/1:00pm GMT: Review embargo lifted - say what you want and stream what you want!
  • Thursday 9:00am CDT/2:00pm GMT: 12 hour launch day stream begins! Join us at https://www.twitch.tv/revivalproductions for the celebration of the launch!
  • Thursday 3:00pm CDT/7:00pm GMT: Reddit AMA during the live stream

When is GMT? https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/gmt

Edited by Usgu

Cool, watched trailer dig the music!  At first I thought the game was called Overlord, which works too.  :)

Posted (edited)

I played it quite a bit, during Early Access and now since the release. It is as good as it promises to be. There could not be a better Descent successor. Multiplayer is also a lot of fun.

Added link to Reddit AMA.

Edited by Usgu