twoxs

Squad freezing to a complete halt.

Hello, i have a big issue playing Squad. Namely, alot of times my game just freezes completely. Sometimes it loops the last few seconds of sound, or just cuts it off completely. Sometimes it comes back after 1-2minutes, but usually freezes just after again. I cannot play the game due to this.

I have downloaded the game clean when it was updated to v11 and cleared the cache also.

My Specs:

Windows 7 64bit SP1

AMD FX-8350 Eight Core

16 GB Ram

AMD Radeon r9 380 series

Log File:

https://pastebin.com/bUxc0hAv

Dont hijack this thread to post your own problems, especially if you use Intel hardware. Make your own thread, it will make it easier to me, you and devs indeed.

Edited by twoxs

I have literally formatted my drives and reinstalled my system, then installed all important Windows patches, installed newest GPU drivers, and this issue still occures.

7 hours ago, samwiseOrigin said:

As far as I can tell, it's your CPU that giving you the hard times... For the time being please put audio quality to low 

As far as I understood, the game is freezing (or the whole PC?)... it's not so much a  performance problem with the CPU as it is something fundamentally wrong with the hardware/software combo that's on the OP's PC. 

I know there are other 83xx users here on the forum and I haven't seen other reports like this yet. 

Edited by Psyrus

On 17.5.2018 at 9:33 PM, twoxs said:

Hello, i have a big issue playing Squad. Namely, alot of times my game just freezes completely. Sometimes it loops the last few seconds of sound, or just cuts it off completely. Sometimes it comes back after 1-2minutes.

Hello I made an account just to confirm I have the same problem!

With almost the same CPU, I can play the game for about 30 Minutes with (30 - 50) FPS untill I get a freeze for 1-2 Minutes usually after that it gets back on. The game never crashed for me so far.

When the FREEZE is comming, the CPU usage cuts down to 5% ; RAM stays the same ; and GPU goes down to 0%. So I guess CPU stops sending data to GPU and it wont process anything. 
During that time I can hear stuttering from the Squad channels and some sounds are looping. I will get about 0-2 FPS and eventually a freeze where everything cuts of and I have a standing picture and no sound. 

My Squad is clean installed, the cache is wiped today and playing in the Video Options doesnt change anything. 

My Specs, with Squad running on SSD:

(*while in Squad 80 man server, 50 Ping)

Windows 10 64bit 

AMD FX-8320 Eight Core - (almost like OP) (55% Usage*)

8 GB Ram (92% Usage*)

NVIDIA GTX 970 (40% Usage*)

Im gonna try some things and if I have succes with anything I come back here.

I hope this is of any help!

Greetings Rocket Bunny

16 hours ago, samwiseOrigin said:

As far as I can tell, it's your CPU that giving you the hard times... For the time being please put audio quality to low 

I have an 8350 on my build and there are no issues like this. While I dont get the greatest frames sometimes I don't experience freezing issues. 

9 hours ago, Rocket Bunny said:

With almost the same CPU, I can play the game for about 30 Minutes with (30 - 50) FPS untill I get a freeze for 1-2 Minutes usually after that it gets back on.

Could you take note of exactly the time (of day) where the game freezes and then upload the relevant parts of the squad log files? It might point to it getting hung up on a specific resource or give some clue as to why it would completely stop processing for more than 60 seconds (which in computer terms is like a lifetime)