Jump to content
L0cation

Good way to balance iron sights .

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi guys ! How are you today ? So here i see people complaining about russian suddenly having scopes , british suddenly have less scopes , and some are complaing about the fact that iron sights now provide faster ADS time . so my suggestion would be - for conventional factions - if a player decides to run with irons , he will recive extra supportive ( non-damaging ) tools for the squad like binoculars , extra bandages and ammo ( that can be shared with team )  , extra smoke , ect ... 

And for the inconventional forces ( where most soilders run with irons ) , ALL of them should have binoculars ( becuase on most maps soilder with camo are extremely hard to spot )  , and they should be able to carry alot of utility items for the squad like extra rockets , mines ,IED's , mortar shells , ( maybe even some consturtion points ? I mean you could for example carrying a 80mm mortar on a soilder it's not something new , even an m2 Browning emplacement could be carried around by two people ( one carring the body and second the barrel ) 

So what do think guys ??

 

 

Edited by L0cation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk about the whole bino for evryone suggestion, but i'm all for irons getting a small advantage in kit. Maybe 1 extra bandage + ammo to drop, since they're supposed to be frontline infantry. And INS LAT could use an extra HEAT rocket, since they don't have any heavy armour vehicles unlike the militia's BTR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oTec said:

Idk about the whole bino for evryone suggestion, but i'm all for irons getting a small advantage in kit. Maybe 1 extra bandage + ammo to drop, since they're supposed to be frontline infantry. And INS LAT could use an extra HEAT rocket, since they don't have any heavy armour vehicles unlike the militia's BTR.

One extra bandage doesn't compensate enough , scoped / red-dots provide a very big advantage .... I still think that atleast  unconventional forces should have binos for everyone without a scope .... They are in a huge disadvantage for not having a camouflage uniform , and their lack scopes , for example the new map that came with the british allows british soilders to very easily snipe targets while being hiddin laying on the ground . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I try to always play with iron sight (I enjoy it more and gives me more satisfaction). Having the bino can be a good solution. It can also be interesting to have two zoom (not like Arma), the current classic and (with double click) a zoom more accentuated (obviously always much less than the optics)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don’t really like how the irons have a permanent minor zoom becuse it narrows your peripheral vision in cqb without doing much to help you hit targets at a distance. Seems like a half-baked solution. I think irons might be more effective and fun to use if the zoom feature and steady weapon feature (both activated by shift) were separated into two functions, allowing you to zoom indefinitely when you want to but still limiting how long you can steady your weapon.

 

I don’t know how anyone else feels but for me it’s frustrating to have to constantly zoom in and out with the irons. It feels like you’re fighting with the zoom feature rather than it being there to help you. Its also pretty hard on the eyes.

Edited by fatalsushi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

I don’t really like how the irons have a permanent minor zoom becuse it narrows your peripheral vision in cqb without doing much to help you hit targets at a distance. Seems like a half-baked solution. I think irons might be more effective and fun to use if the zoom feature and steady weapon feature (both activated by shift) were separated into two functions, allowing you to zoom indefinitely when you want to but still limiting how long you can steady your weapon.

 

I don’t know how anyone else feels but for me it’s frustrating to have to constantly zoom in and out with the irons. It feels like you’re fighting with the zoom feature rather than it being there to help you. Its also pretty hard on the eyes.

This please, we need separate zoom and ADS. Slight zoom should be available at all times like ARMA. 

 

I prefer irons to red dots, once you play with them a while, you get pretty good at hitting targets at a distance and optics begin to seem like both a crutch and a nuisance if you're not in wide open terrain all the time. Backup sights on optics I hope are coming.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe non iron kits could have only one bandage. But i'm sure stuff like this will come with the planned inventory overhaul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 for a trade-off. Just like it is for the rifleman's sandbag but expand to incorporate secondaries (extra smokes, extra grenade, etc...) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CptDirty said:

+1 for a trade-off. Just like it is for the rifleman's sandbag but expand to incorporate secondaries (extra smokes, extra grenade, etc...) 

Please no explosive granades , people spam these way to often in close quarters .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2018 at 1:04 AM, oTec said:

Idk about the whole bino for evryone suggestion, but i'm all for irons getting a small advantage in kit. Maybe 1 extra bandage + ammo to drop, since they're supposed to be frontline infantry. And INS LAT could use an extra HEAT rocket, since they don't have any heavy armour vehicles unlike the militia's BTR.

Yes binoculars for at least all riflemen for irregular forces, it was great in PR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

idk about you guys but when i sight in iron sight it take a little longer than a scope. idk if their trying to balance or be realistic though

 

*EDIT* disregard this its kinda dumb

Edited by Thegreenzzz
i wasnt thinking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something logical would be to give them an extra mag or two because I miss a lot more shots (useful bullets) when I use Iron-sights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eltic said:

Something logical would be to give them an extra mag or two because I miss a lot more shots (useful bullets) when I use Iron-sights.

You already have enough ammo as it is ...very rarely i come across a situation i am out of ammo , i am usually very active in the fight and i don't respawn alot  ... So i don't think the extra mags wouldn't be enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×