Zeroid

Ducking(Leaning) whilst tripod deployed

With the tripod deployed on a wall you're a sitting duck, so it would be good if one could duck head and upper torso behind cover by using the 'lean' keys 'Q' and 'E'. The weapon and its tripod can stay deployed and roughly fixed in position. I believe this would add to the foot soldier experience, and think it would be good to extend the leaning function for ducking to use with deployed tripods, in some way shape or form.

Not a bad idea -- wonder if this wouldn't help some with the "sitting duck" feeling of being on an emplacement too.

6 hours ago, Gatzby said:

Not a bad idea -- wonder if this wouldn't help some with the "sitting duck" feeling of being on an emplacement too.

havn't we wanted to get this feature for the "non-crow" versions of MRAP and HUMVEES ?? why not adding it to all types of turrets ? like even to the cars that insurgents use , and other turret type implacements ? 

I enjoyed the ducking system in red orchestra, when you deployed a bipod on a window or fence you could quickly duck down without losing your mount.

7 hours ago, Gatzby said:

IMO the 'sitting duck' feeling is the cost (entry price) for being on an emplacement (usually a pretty heavy weapon), so personally i have no issue with being exposed, as such.

2 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

IMO the 'sitting duck' feeling is the cost (entry price) for being on an emplacement (usually a pretty heavy weapon), so personally i have no issue with being exposed, as such.

Yes but you do agree that an exposed vehicle gunner should atleast have some sort of way to duck without switching seats ?

2 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

I've got two issues with the extent of exposure for emplacement weapons at the moment.

Firstly, you're still a human being so I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to move around slightly to protect yourself or get better situational awareness, which would be a nice benefit to exposed weapons over RCWS.

Secondly, it's extremely easy to shoot an emplacement or open topped vehicle gunner from long range, sometimes even if you can't really see them, since their head is always in the same spot.

On 5/17/2018 at 10:38 AM, L0cation said:

Yes but you do agree that an exposed vehicle gunner should atleast have some sort of way to duck without switching seats ?

yeah, but i thought you could "duck" by looking UP? - i see peeps doing this whilst reloading

On 5/17/2018 at 10:48 AM, Stom said:

Firstly, you're still a human being so I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to move around slightly to protect yourself or get better situational awareness, which would be a nice benefit to exposed weapons over RCWS.

Secondly, it's extremely easy to shoot an emplacement or open topped vehicle gunner from long range, sometimes even if you can't really see them, since their head is always in the same spot.

good points.

fair enough, i'm for ducking and weaving, considering the current level of exposure seems to be fair for using a heavy weapon (Stoms second point).

On 5/16/2018 at 3:19 PM, Sparcany said:

I enjoyed the ducking system in red orchestra, when you deployed a bipod on a window or fence you could quickly duck down without losing your mount.

I agree, the way the mgs operated in RO2 was well done, besides being able to duck down, once you reached the limit of your pivot with the bipods deployed, you automatically picked it up slightly and rotated it without doing anything to the bipods like you do in Squad. 

FF to 21:12 to see how you could duck down behind cover when under fire or while reloading.