OXOTHNK

Object's view distance doesn't work well.

With the release of the a11 version, the FPS has indeed grown somewhat. However, at what price?

When I played the game on Kohat, we put the fob about 1000-1100 meters from FOB Connelly. What was my surprise when I looked through binoculars on the FOB Connelly I did not see any objects at all. Even Hesco. Only the bare ground and small points of the players. 

This is absolutely unacceptable. Apparently, the developers have simply deleted all object LODs at a distance of more than 1000 meters. If you think that this is a reasonable price for raising 10-15% of the FPS, then you are very wrong.

Also, instead of making new LODs of static objects on the Albasrah map, the developers simply reduced the fog distance. This is one of the most stupid methods of raising FPS, which kills gameplay. I hope that you acknowledge that this is all a mistake. And people who play on computers of the 2010-2012 release and are constantly whining about poor optimization, I want to say shut up, or spend $ 500 more, no one because of you should not suffer.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, OXOTHNK said:

With the release of the a11 version, the FPS has indeed grown somewhat. However, at what price?

When I played the game on Kohat, we put the fob about 1000-1100 meters from FOB Connelly. What was my surprise when I looked through binoculars on the FOB Connelly I did not see any objects at all. Even Hesco. Only the bare ground and small points of the players. 

This is absolutely unacceptable. Apparently, the developers have simply deleted all object LODs at a distance of more than 1000 meters. If you think that this is a reasonable price for raising 10-15% of the FPS, then you are very wrong.

Also, instead of making new LODs of static objects on the Albasrah map, the developers simply reduced the fog distance. This is one of the most stupid methods of raising FPS, which kills gameplay. I hope that you acknowledge that this is all a mistake. And people who play on computers of the 2010-2012 release and are constantly whining about poor optimization, I want to say shut up, or spend $ 500 more, no one because of you should not suffer.

...please read What you wrote...

Edited by Nightingale87

Posted (edited)

???

if there is anything to say on the merits, then I listen carefully

Perhaps that is something you do not understand, since I used Google translator. Once again, the main idea is what I said. At a distance of more than 1000 m, all objects disappear.

Edited by OXOTHNK

The idea that you should be able to clearly identify a fob 1000ms away with a bino is ludicrous. For one thing, IRL there would often be visual distortions on distant objects due to heat, dust, illumination and bino quality constraint, especially on desert style terrain. For gameplay experience, you are not supposed to spot hidden objects or people too easily anyway, the game specifically discourages infantry engagement beyond some 400ms so that ranged weaponry would not be OP and flanking can be more feasible.

BTW, a lot of players are using underpowered machines, and they are the majority player group the devs are trying to acquire, so your little complain is hardly something worth noting by the devs. As a matter of fact, distant shadow is also disabled by default to enhance performance.

Edited by Noobgamer

Yesterday, I had to go closer (Marksman) because I was shooting into invisible objects in the train tunnel. I was 300+ m from the target. This was one of the reasons why I uninstalled Rising Storm 2: Vietnam.

I would appreciate if you could set the LOD for the optics separately for us with NASA computers. I just do not know if this is technically possible. But it would be a disadvantage to others again. Or not?

5 hours ago, Noobgamer said:

The idea that you should be able to clearly identify a fob 1000ms away with a bino is ludicrous

Identifying a military installation with buildings and such 1km away is actually quite easy bro, especially with binoculars.

Squad manages something unique: graphics suck and performance is terrible.

I wonder why devs insist on making their games top tier on graphics. It reduces the potential player base significantly. I remember a discussion here about v10 player count dropping, and people putting that on gameplay changes that weren't enjoyed. Oh no, the explanation is probably simpler: people came back when v10 launched, only to give up because performance was terrible. I know some people that won't buy Squad because they can't run it.

Seriously, top tier graphics are really bad for a game's popularity.

1 hour ago, Vegetal said:

Identifying a military installation with buildings and such 1km away is actually quite easy bro, especially with binoculars.

Squad manages something unique: graphics suck and performance is terrible.

I wonder why devs insist on making their games top tier on graphics. It reduces the potential player base significantly. I remember a discussion here about v10 player count dropping, and people putting that on gameplay changes that weren't enjoyed. Oh no, the explanation is probably simpler: people came back when v10 launched, only to give up because performance was terrible. I know some people that won't buy Squad because they can't run it.

Seriously, top tier graphics are really bad for a game's popularity.

He was talking about the backpack-size FOB, not the house-size HAB.

48 minutes ago, Noobgamer said:

He was talking about the backpack-size FOB, not the house-size HAB.

He was talking about FOB Connelly,  go take a look.

On 2018/5/19 at 1:01 AM, Vegetal said:

He was talking about FOB Connelly,  go take a look.

On 2018/5/15 at 5:21 AM, Nightingale87 said:

we put the fob about 1000-1100 meters from FOB Connelly

Nope it was "from FOB Connelly".

Anyway, FOB Connelly is a compound, if you can't see it ingame, than it's something with your installation or hardware.

Edited by Noobgamer

5 hours ago, Noobgamer said:

Nope it was "from FOB Connelly".

Anyway, FOB Connelly is a compound, if you can't see it ingame, than it's something with your installation or hardware.

On 14/05/2018 at 5:58 PM, OXOTHNK said:

What was my surprise when I looked through binoculars on the FOB Connelly...

Any more questions?