Sign in to follow this  
Cheetah

50 vs 50 servers ?

Servers for 100 or 120 players.

When we get it ?

We have tested with 100 man servers before - but my guess is this will be a little later on once the main features are in and everything is very stable.

It's a huge performance hit so we would all want major optimisations shortly after it's in to enjoy it to the max!

22 minutes ago, Nightingale87 said:

maps are tiny right now for 50 vs 50...some are small even for 37 vs 37

Tiny?... hmmm that word must have changed its definition.  Is it like 'sick'?

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Tiny?... hmmm that word must have changed its definition.  Is it like 'sick'?

Nope...tiny...as in: really small. Take Belaya for example. It is designed to be a 4km by 4lm map. And that is for a 50 vs 50 server when they are actually implemented. BUT... Right now the playable area on Belaya is less tan half that. And servers are not 25 vs 25. 

Of course, if you compare Squad maps with COD/insurgency, etc maps, they are HUGE. If you compare them to PR,...they are really small.

I don't think comparisons are needed or helpful.  I play games that make PR makes look tiny.

If you want to take Belaya as an example, 15km2 .  The map size can easily accommodate 100 players with room for tactical shenanigans.  I agree presently the layers/aas is crap, forcing us to fight the same spots, but that is a completely different subject.  

Personally I'd like a game design where a reasonable clear front-line / battle-line is apparent.    Fighting over isolated spots on very large maps often becomes a game of wack-a-mole, as Squads cap and move on, back and forth.  I hate that gameplay.

It should be a challenge to get behind enemy lines, on the smaller narrower maps the gameplay is more engaging, for example flanking manoeuvres are very possible, but they are easier to defend against and therefore trickier to pull off.. this is good.  More players would bring this to the 4kmx4km maps, much like we see on the 2kmx2km maps now.  Bring it on!  Anyway just my opinion. :)

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

If you want to take Belaya as an example, 15km2 .  The map size can easily accommodate 100 players with room for tactical shenanigans.  I agree presently the layers/aas is crap, forcing us to fight the same spots, but that is a completely different subject.  

Again...that´s What the map is designed for. 4km by 4km. But right now...the playable área is less than half. Open the map next time you play and you will notice the shady área around the central part. That is gonna be expanded in the future to actually become a 4km by 4km map...and that map is suppossed to accomodate 100 players. 

Right now, 1/2 that área is accomodating 3/4 of the players it will in the future....alas...maps are tiny.

On 14.5.2018 at 7:38 AM, SHO-SHIN said:

We have tested with 100 man servers before - but my guess is this will be a little later on once the main features are in and everything is very stable.

It's a huge performance hit so we would all want major optimisations shortly after it's in to enjoy it to the max!

I think this is great! Don'T RUSH IT. Take your time.