Sign in to follow this  
mr_baby_head

Tickets on Invasion

Hi all,

I've been thinking for a while now that the invasion ticket system is a bit backwards. Why do defenders get more tickets than attackers?

Surely the team who is defending (in theory) will be taking much less casualties compared with the attacking team, thanks to advantageous positioning and well built defenses, plus the lack of a need to perform many counter-attacks in a typical Invasion game. So why do they then get the added bonus of having effectively unlimited tickets? 

In my view the ticket system should be re-balanced so that either; the attacking team gets say 150 more tickets than the defenders but lose the ability to gain more tickets by capping flags, or, the defending team gets a big reduction in their starting tickets to make it more even at the beginning of the round.

As I SL a large percentage of my playtime I will admit that winning an invasion game as attackers is usually pretty epic stuff, however it normally just boils down to a slug-fest on one of the central caps as soon as the defenders have a well built super-FOB up. Personally I just don't think the current system is very fair in it's current state.

Discuss :)

3 hours ago, mr_baby_head said:

thanks to advantageous positioning and well built defenses

Only if the defenders actually put the defenses up. Not all invasion layers end up with a superfob for the defenders. Partially due to lack of logi runs because #makelogisgreatagain

why do they then get the added bonus of having effectively unlimited tickets? 

It's not effectively unlimited. It's a lot, but not unlimited. I've seen good games where defenders tickets were below 50 at round end....However, I've never seen an attacking force win by draining defenders tickets. I think that's the whole point of invasion is to not let defenders worry about tickets per-say. The point of defenders on invasion is brute force VS brute force. Good ol' tug of war....

In my view the ticket system should be re-balanced so that either; the attacking team gets say 150 more tickets than the defenders but lose the ability to gain more tickets by capping flags

Maybe it's worth looking into. I'm just trying to envision the overall goal the developers had for this game mode. As far as I can tell, attacking force on invasion is 1 big ass sprint that the entire team needs to do together as 1 big wave. AKA no leapfrogging and dig out old radio as you progress forward.

The reason you mostly see unconventional forces being the defenders is because they have the fast logi techies which enable them to re-establish at the new defense cap much faster should they be pushed back. If they're smart enough to do it that is....

---

As a side note, I think a new game mode where reversing the factions so that a conventional force is defending a single large AF cap goes against an attacking unconventional force would be awesome. KING OF THE HILL type thing. The defenders would start on an elevated or highly urban location and must defend it using supplies from main. This would work even better if supplies could be air-dropped so you're literally stuck defending the same spot the entire game. Also, being able to place 2-3 fully-built FOBs on that same Cap Point is what I mean by huge area....

I've played multiple games where the defending team is unorganized and run out of tickets. I'll even link a pic where we drained the defenders tickets to 0. 4b3YcGg.jpg