Lightly_Salted

The best game you've ever had - (Kills)

Well, I've just come out of a match playing and will quite easily say, it was one of the best rounds I've ever played, simply because of the amount of people I dropped defending two separate flags. It was as Militia, and I hadn't played as Militia in a long while; back before v10 I thought they were horrible to play, I hated the AKs and pretty much every other weapon apart from the un-modded M4 and the SVD. But, today, I decided to not 'be one of those people' and stay as Militia, I didn't feel like playing with M4s today. And it was a bloody good idea, they are so much better than I remember. The AKs are clean and easy to use, the optics I feel are actually very good, the new ranged optic for one of the rifleman kits is fantastic for headshots, ranging and follow-up shots because of the excellent sight picture it provides. This was all achieved mainly on one hill over looking Lower DC and Lower Central DC as we were defending/attacking. There were swarms of enemies, I got knocked off the hill a few times, I flanked it and wiped a squad from it the first time. 46 incapacitations and 39 kills, easily tops my record; 

j1WoVNg.png

I'm immensely disappointed I didn't record it, I don't have shadow play on, but I might just turn it on for the sake of maybe getting another match like this.

My question to you is; What is the best match you've ever played? What is you're highest kill count? Did you achieve it in a vehicle or as infantry? Go ahead, gives us some stories to tell! I'd like to hear how you hit the highest mark of your own personal scoreboard.

V10, as a Stryker on Logar. After realizing the center of the city was not a good place, I set up on the SE hill. The Militia team wasn't very good, one-track minds, and they had a superFOB in a bad location. I could see partly into it even with their sandbag walls, and open ground around the compound. Militia got pushed back to defend last cap. No deaths, 44 kills, 48 incaps. 1 scout car, 2 MTLBs, and 2 trucks.

But for ticket total, was probably me designating myself as Scout's assistant/VBIED driver on Belaya; V11. With proper patience, squad leader markings, and good comms. We blew 3 Warriors and shot up 2-3 trucks. One Warrior I tried to get eyes on saw me first at close range and shot me twice before I narrowly managed to turn tail and escape. Then a minute later, rammed him for boom-booms.

I rarely play as anything other than SL, and when I do I prefer to play as medic, so how I judge my own performance differs a little bit. 

As medic: I can not remember the final stats down to the decimal, but roughly 3-5 deaths, 12-15 kills, 25+ revives, in a squad that was leading an offensive rally point-fight the entire match. Got complemented for being an awesome medic. Felt pretty damn good. 

A best game for is a game where both teams are equally balanced and everyone is doing their best in order to win , that one time we had a match so close that everyone held spawn when we were running dry on tickets .... And then we won by 4 tickets ! 4 freakin tickets !

SQUAD as I see it right now.

The fact that the game mechanics incentivize a post like this makes me sad.

The fact that some people answer that their BEST GAME was something different that the KD ratio gives me hope.

i always try to get in a position from which i can shoot enemys in the back. preferlaby with automatic rifleman. than i wait from them to advance a bit and than just mow down the whole squad!

4 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

The fact that some people answer that their BEST GAME was something different that the KD ratio gives me hope.

If you'd have read my post and not just assume the only reason I had a 'good game' was because of kills, then maybe you'd be a little less negative. 

It wasn't just my K/D ratio that made it a good game, hell I could've come out of the match with half of that and still say it was my best game. It was the fact that we had such a well coordinated squad, who were in good communications with the other squads on the team. We were holding two points, both defending and attacking at different times, allowing others squads (And our own) to push in a take it. It was the fact that I could see my work save so many of my squad mates and team mates as I drop enemies who are about to round the corner at them while they aren't paying attention. It's the sheer amount of information I was able to pull from what I could see, in turn relaying that on to my SL, making a world of difference, allowing him to plan different routes and tactics to scan/clear certain areas. It was just nice to see a high number on the scoreboard, it just confirms to me that the work I, and my squad mates put in, made a difference.

Don't assume.

I´m sorry if you felt ofended. I did read your whole post. Still, I think that what INSPIRED your post was a good KD ratio. Am I wrong? I just read it again and that´s what i´m getting from it. 

I´m not trying to attack you in anyway, I´m happy you enjoyed that round and that you´re enjoying the game. The only reason I didn´t quote the second part of your post is because it didn´t have to do with the spirit behind your posting. but here it goes:

19 hours ago, Lightly_Salted said:

I got knocked off the hill a few times, I flanked it and wiped a squad from it the first time. 46 incapacitations and 39 kills, easily tops my record; 

This sounds exaclty like the kind of gameplay I get every time I play Squad. I understand why it´s fun. It´s just not unique nor special (for me). 

Again, this wasn´t an attack on you or anything, I have participated in another post somewhat similar to this. The question was "Is this what the community wants to see???" 40+ kills by an infantryman in a 1+/- hour round????? 

It is an honest and sincere quesiton. SQUAD claims to be the spiritual successor of PR, and there is no way somebody can get that number of kills (or deaths) in a round. Take into account that PR rounds are a bit longer. Not even being CAS or tank (Maybe tank gunner could get something like that)

So...If a player is able to spawn and kill and die that many times....there´s something that is not in line to what SQUAD claims to be. 

Now here is me assuming....I asume that when YOU flanked the squad and wiped it out...you did it on your own, didnt you? I have found that lonewofling is a really valid tactic in this game that can harvest you many kills. 

Now don´t asume I assumed...lol...just kidding.

4 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

I´m sorry if you felt ofended. I did read your whole post. Still, I think that what INSPIRED your post was a good KD ratio. Am I wrong? I just read it again and that´s what i´m getting from it. 

I´m not trying to attack you in anyway, I´m happy you enjoyed that round and that you´re enjoying the game. The only reason I didn´t quote the second part of your post is because it didn´t have to do with the spirit behind your posting. but here it goes:

This sounds exaclty like the kind of gameplay I get every time I play Squad. I understand why it´s fun. It´s just not unique nor special (for me). 

Again, this wasn´t an attack on you or anything, I have participated in another post somewhat similar to this. The question was "Is this what the community wants to see???" 40+ kills by an infantryman in a 1+/- hour round????? 

It is an honest and sincere quesiton. SQUAD claims to be the spiritual successor of PR, and there is no way somebody can get that number of kills (or deaths) in a round. Take into account that PR rounds are a bit longer. Not even being CAS or tank (Maybe tank gunner could get something like that)

So...If a player is able to spawn and kill and die that many times....there´s something that is not in line to what SQUAD claims to be. 

Now here is me assuming....I asume that when YOU flanked the squad and wiped it out...you did it on your own, didnt you? I have found that lonewofling is a really valid tactic in this game that can harvest you many kills. 

Now don´t asume I assumed...lol...just kidding.

Okay, no I get you. Apologies, I had judged your comment wrong.

I do agree, it shouldn't be all kills, but like with a lot of games it is satisfying to have a lot of them, even if that should not be the focus of the game. Squad was made a lot more public than PR, and does not have as hardcore a playerbase than PR does. This means they have to atone to a wider audience, meaning cutting back on certain aspects and have kills as a slightly heavier influence compared to PR. But, alas, that's another discussion in itself.

I only play infantry so I don't have any insane kill game but I usually get 20-30 kills a game consistently if I'm playing with friends. The highest kill game I've ever had was 36kills and 40 something downs but i cant find the screenshot. However if I play as SL I only manage high teens.

bdpPPSq.jpg 4b3YcGg.jpgSz0xrtK.jpgVsG36Q6.jpg

12 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

Don't be so dramatic man, people hold kd in such high regard because its a simple way to measure your effectiveness. Tickets are a large part of the game, and one player can turn the tide of the game with a high kill count. Obviously their is more to the game than just kills...we all know that, but its just satisfying to see a high kill count when you finish a game. When the devs add a better scoreboard that show vic kills, and something more indepth than "score" then we can measure effectiveness in another way.

Mine was 60+ a long time ago, haven't played since the fov was nerfed, and i can never get an acog.

My best game: 58/5 Logar valley, first half of the match i was machinegunner, second half i was stryker gunner happened in v10, but i am most proud of a game where i played 25/0 as a squadlead.