L0cation

2 things that would make me very very happy

וHi everyone ! How are you ? 

Ok so i wanted to share somethings i think would make the game a much better one : 

1. When the devs implemented "staging time" i was very very greatful becuase it was a thing i was asking for forever , so it means that they were listinging to us , and i would like to thank them for that xD.

But unfortunelty the problem i hoped the staging time will fix is still there , people are still in a panic, nobody has time to plan anything , everybody runs into vehicles and leave the spawn as much as they can , so my suggestion would be : make the timer 4 times longer , nobody should be able to leave the base , nor to claim vehicles , only squad leaders would be able to talk in voice ( everyone else in chat ) , ans please !!! Let everyone spawn automaticly at main ( i hate that "don't spawn wait for rally" thing ... There are enough vehicles for eveyone ) .

This thing will insure that everyone is ready , no people are left without a squad and squad leaders fully understand the plan .

2.  I fully understand that squad is supposed to be a "slow paced" game , but many times i find my squad in a need of running insane distances , ( not a lone wolfing thing , but a whole squad ) , when we need to perform an insane flank , and must times it feels like a huge chore , and sometimes when i am assigned by other squad leader to flank on foot ( mainly on wide open forest type maps ) it can feel like a huge chore to run these insane distances , and becuase of that sometimes the game ends without my squad doing anything other than running around . there was a time i remember in earlier version ( before vehicles ) when running was extremely fast ( i am not really asking for that ) but making traversing aound the map by foot feel less like a chore would make people choose the flanking option more often than just keep spawning on the same FOB and dying becuase they don't want to bother with running .

Posted (edited)

I would like vehicles not be able to be turned on

Edited by EA_SUCKS

2 hours ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

No not more wait plz. 

If your team manages to fully setup and build a plan by the time we have now , congratulations you are some of the best players out there ! ( no kidding ) but unfortunately my team never manges to pull off a good plan witg the setup time we are gettig (everyone is screaming and driving around , like crazy ) , maybe a better solution would be - making that squad leaders would have the abillity to mute all voice chats other than the squad channel ? But we need to atleast double the time , just finiding a squad for some players takes most of time .

2 hours ago, EA_SUCKS said:

I would like vehicles not be able to be turned on

That would be a very nice step to right direction ;) .

Im not sure I agree on the second point. Personally I like the walking speed changes.

But I agree, right now the staging period in Public games is full volume: 6 engines and mic spam. 

Oh and running over people endlessly.

Just now, Hashashin said:

Im not sure I agree on the second point. Personally I like the walking speed changes.

But I agree, right now the staging period in Public games is full volume: 6 engines and mic spam. 

Oh and running over people endlessly.

So you want 8 minutes of that instead of 2?

2 hours ago, Gopblin said:

So you want 8 minutes of that instead of 2?

Not necessarily, but thats what most public games are like right now.

I like the idea of no engines on. its not like they can go far right now anyway.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Hashashin said:

Not necessarily, but thats what most public games are like right now.

I like the idea of no engines on. its not like they can go far right now anyway.

Yea maybe no engines , two times the staging time, and the abillity for squad leader to mute every voice channel except squad lead channel , oh and also there was a suggestion that with the new upcoming UI , every squad leader would be able to draw on the map with it's own color , making the plan of attack much simpler to underatand ( the plan of attack would only be visble for squad leaders with atleast 5 guys in a squad ) in order to prevent pricks on your team giving intel to thier friends on the enemy team .

Edited by L0cation

Automatic Spawning at base. I like that....

I would add the "no squad before 2 minutes left thing". That would incentivize planning I think. Right now as sl join the game, they créate a squad without there being any communication with other sls.

the confusion is never going to change, there are to many players who dont care .. its fine imo

as for the second point.. I think the stamina loss is to punishing, Im running like an asthmatic granny stopping every 20 meters to catch my breath.. I dont want the speed  changed but think its gone a little too far with the stamina.

1 hour ago, Nimbus said:

What are you going to plan without a squad?

Have you ever played PR?

the point is that all the squads are created at the same time, thus there is no squad long before the sls know how many squads there actually are and what their role will be.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, L0cation said:

make the timer 4 times longer

Nah...

only squad leaders would be able to talk in voice

no....

Let everyone spawn automaticly at main ( i hate that "don't spawn wait for rally" thing ... There are enough vehicles for eveyone )

lol no there isn't! Look at:

OP First Light AAS - U.S. side

Kokan AAS - U.S. Side.

Also, some maps and layers have multiple spawn points like Al Basrah Insurgents side can either spawn on INS MAIN or MOSQUE....How will automatic spawn will encourage tactics? 

2.  I fully understand that squad is supposed to be a "slow paced" game , but many times i find my squad in a need of running insane distances , ( not a lone wolfing thing , but a whole squad ) , when we need to perform an insane flank , and must times it feels like a huge chore , and sometimes when i am assigned by other squad leader to flank on foot ( mainly on wide open forest type maps ) it can feel like a huge chore to run these insane distances , and becuase of that sometimes the game ends without my squad doing anything other than running around . there was a time i remember in earlier version ( before vehicles ) when running was extremely fast ( i am not really asking for that ) but making traversing aound the map by foot feel less like a chore would make people choose the flanking option more often than just keep spawning on the same FOB and dying becuase they don't want to bother with running .

Ok so what is your #2 that you'd like because that entire paragraph is reminiscing on older versions possibly before vehicles were implemented. So what are you asking for? Faster walking? 

Edited by CptDirty

26 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

Ok so what is your #2 that you'd like because that entire paragraph is reminiscing on older versions possibly before vehicles were implemented. So what are you asking for? Faster walking? 

I think he just wants some more planning time and more transport trucks?....that can be done...wouldn´t break any current gameplay mechanic.

4 hours ago, CptDirty said:

Nah...

no....

lol no there isn't! Look at:

OP First Light AAS - U.S. side

Kokan AAS - U.S. Side.

Also, some maps and layers have multiple spawn points like Al Basrah Insurgents side can either spawn on INS MAIN or MOSQUE....How will automatic spawn will encourage tactics? 

at placeses where there aren't enough vehicles .... Infantry can advance to first points and vehicles to point that are further away .... Also vehicles can go back an worth mutiple times bring soilder into the fight ( like doing what they are actually made for ) .

And on maps where there are mutiple spawn points there would be a countdown timer , if the player wouldn't chose a spawn point he would be spawned randomly ( higher countdown timer would prevent panic spawn at that case ) , i really hate the "send one vehicle with two guys and wait for a rally bullshit... Vehicles are made for transport ( and when i look back as far ad i recall in PR i never had this "wait for rally...." bullcrap i remeber must of the people spawning and moving with the vehicles ( could be wrong tho )).

And about the running speed .... As i said i don't want it to be the same like older versions again , i just gave it as an example of time where running reletavly short distances didn't feel much like a chore , someone here suggested increasing overall stanima.... That would be a step in the right direction i think .

4 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

I think he just wants some more planning time and more transport trucks?....that can be done...wouldn´t break any current gameplay mechanic.

More planning time yes pleasexD even if alot of squad leaders ignore other squad ,atleast giving 2 full squads that want to coordinate the time to prepare would make the game a much better place .

9 hours ago, embecmom said:

the confusion is never going to change, there are to many players who dont care .. its fine imo

as for the second point.. I think the stamina loss is to punishing, Im running like an asthmatic granny stopping every 20 meters to catch my breath.. I dont want the speed  changed but think its gone a little too far with the stamina.

Exactly B| .

31 minutes ago, L0cation said:

And on maps where there are mutiple spawn points there would be a countdown timer , if the player wouldn't chose a spawn point he would be spawned randomly ( higher countdown timer would prevent panic spawn at that case )

So you're putting a cool down for layers with multiple starting spawns, but no timer on layers that have a single starting spawn? That sounds mad confusing for newbies. 

35 minutes ago, L0cation said:

Vehicles are made for transport

Absolutely. Unfortunately, because there's very little personal incentive for public players to conduct transportation and logistical runs, they are simply not being done. Therefore putting an even stronger emphasis on "proper" (quotation because it's contextual) transportation need to be thought of properly because it has the potential to shift the player dynamic to a place where a massive player drop could happen or, depending on implementation, make room for another problem or meta to develop. 

IN REAL LIFE: When life closes 1 door on you, another one opens.

IN SQUAD: When devs resolve 1 community demand, another outcry is made

(not suggesting you're crying here, im just saying this is a common theme over the last few updates. I'm also guilty of this but I'm a functioning hypocrite so I'm allowed)

One thing I will say is that with the recent ticket bleed adjustment (GOOD CHANGE) since there's a lesser emphasis on mid-cap, there's now 1 good reason to look into incetivizing a "proper" usage of transports & logis to encourage a more cooperative gameplay. 

Also, the rally system was said to have some changes coming for it.

Hahaha ooo come on you can put it like a half an hour and still not many people will actually make a squad or talk or plan or anything.

People are just like that.Sometimes the team would be amazing the whole tram an somtimes it would suck no more time at the start will change that.