Sign in to follow this  
andersjg

Grenade throw arc

This is a minor thing, but the arc of the grenade throw or toss feels way off compared to the one in PR. Since this game is trying to mimic the feel of PR, I thought I'd bring this up as a subject.

For me, the arc that the grenade has is too low compared to that of PR. I've gotten used to PR grenades and it's been one of the major things that feels off about squad. I'd like to know what other people think about this and if anyone had that feeling when throwing grenades.

Since this game is trying to mimic the feel of PR

Except it's not. It's a new game with it's roots in PR, things will be different according to the desires of the devs.

I've practiced a bit with the nades today and they feel ok to me.

to me it feels like the soldier is a olympic throwing champion, the grenades feels more like missiles than grenades :S they also roll way too far, making it impossible to hit targets on top or side of hills

The grenades do feel off. Even compared to other games and not just PR.

I think a bit more arc and less rolling would improve how they feel in-game.

How many people know about the RMB underhand toss? :)

That works, but that doesnt change the fact that the grenades feels wierd and roll way too far in overhand toss ;)

That works, but that doesnt change the fact that the grenades feels wierd and roll way too far in overhand toss ;)

i wasn't saying anything related to the issue you have with it lol

I think the friction values need to be turned up however because it does roll a lot especially for sand/dirt

How much do you think it should roll? Just curious how people perceive what grenades are suppose to act like.

On soft ground it should only roll under 1 meter for an average throw, sand like surfaces it should barely roll if thrown hard. Inside it would be cool if it was possible to make it roll more than currently as if it was a hard flat surface.

The other day I just dropped a grenade on the ground outside a compound and it rolled 5m or so and then down a hill in a few seconds but the ground was almost perfectly flat.

How much do you think it should roll? Just curious how people perceive what grenades are suppose to act like.

well i threw one at my feet to suicide and it blew up around 10-15m away from me.. making me have to walk to the other side of the map because no suicide button yet   :P

well i threw one at my feet to suicide and it blew up around 10-15m away from me.. making me have to walk to the other side of the map because no suicide button yet   :P

Sounds like a bug rather than a feature, eh? Don't think our intent is for grenades to slide like they are on ice. ;)

They do roll & skip pretty far on dirt. Maybe knock it back 30% and see how it feels?

Sounds like a bug rather than a feature, eh? Don't think our intent is for grenades to slide like they are on ice. ;)

Thats what i was thinking :P anyway, is there any way to make the roll material dependant? Have thrown quite a few grenades IRL and the material they land on have everything to do with the roll, if they land on grass they dont slide at all, Rock they slide alot, gravel they slide more depending on the angle of the terrain.

to me it feels like the soldier is a olympic throwing champion, the grenades feels more like missiles than grenades :S they also roll way too far, making it impossible to hit targets on top or side of hills

Yes, they do feel more like a shot-put rather than a baseball.

I think its not far away from the real deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRXwGMhOuVM

at 3:43

The guys in the video were actually getting an arc to it. The were actually lobbing it.

All I can say is that the animations is not congruent with the arc of the grenade. The throw is good, but the arc is that of someone who fumbled the ball or a fast pitch.