Posted (edited)

I dislike so much the "forced zoom" that was introduced in v10, please allow us to not be forced to zoom in when all I want is simply ADS

no need for the zoom, it's annoying, make it like PR please

then again, when I want is to "focus" for a clear shot, I have even more zoom, please, all I want is to be steady, not to zoom in 1x in the target

there is no scope in the gun, then I dont want the zoom

my suggestion, is to unbind the "forced zoom" from the "focus" (gun steadiness), maybe in the menu we can choose, so we can disable it

then, when disable, it would be like this:

Right click: ads (no zoom)

Shift: steady (no zoom)

please, you fixed the nametags, maybe you can do this too?

give the hardcore players this... thx

edit: also, having the screen moving forwards and backwards everytime is horrible for CQB :(

Edited by EA_SUCKS
cqb

have you seen/played Ground Branch DEVs?

no forced unrealistic zoom in there :)

Insurgency (2014) also offers the same possibility with the console command "cl_ads_fov_scale 0.0 "

I really dislike how iron sights work right now, especially the tiny default zoom that serves no purpose and the way the zoom is bound to the steady function and has a limit so you’re always fighting with the controls as the screen zooms in and out constantly.

Please, just separate the zoom and steady functions entirely and make the zoom unlimited so you’re not straining your eyes pixel-hunting.

But I think that getting rid of zoom altogether would just make iron sights garbage to use in anything but cqb, which is how it was in PR.

Zoom is not necessarily unrealistic. It just seems that way because everyone refers to it as "zooming". When you are "zoomed in", your FoV is actually closer to a real life scale - but of course, you can't use that FoV all the time because you would have no peripheral vision, as you're viewing the world through a computer monitor. So really, the FoV when you are not aiming down the sights is actually the less realistic view scale - you are essentially "zoomed out", to allow you to view the periphery of your character's vision. Having FoV levels change on the fly might seem like an unrealistic mechanic ("you're eyes cant zoom without optics!"), but the end result actually allows for a more realistic representation.

But, I agree with you OP, it would be nice to give the player full control over when this "zoom" is applied. Everyone is different, after all, and has their own preferences on how to play. I can totally sympathise with wanting to keep a wide angle FOV for CQB. Also, I agree with fatalsushi, that the "zoom" shouldn't be time limited. I'd like to keep it linked to the "focus/steady aim" button (Shift) personally, but without zooming out again when the breathing stops being controlled. 

just played the zombie mod for the first time last night, what a great mod... however my experience was a bit frustrating, and guess why? the zoom

how am I supposed to hit 4 jumping zombies in the air when everytime I ADS my screen keeps going back and forth? I also loose about 20% peripheral view and it drives me nuts!

If I zoom/foucs, its even worse, there goes another 30% making it about 50% lost. I dont need no zoom, allow me to disable the zoom as I said in OP. THAt would be perfect

heres a perfect illustration of wat I am talking about:

normal.jpg

ADS.jpg

focus.jpg

those zombies are pretty fast, I need 100% (normal screen) WITHOUT the zoom

DEVs, whats the answer? is it coming as a menu feature in V12?

On 9/16/2018 at 8:45 AM, EA_SUCKS said:

DEVs, whats the answer? is it coming as a menu feature in V12?

Probably not for a12, but I do know there's some work around FOVs/scaling going on that may touch on this. Thank you for the images, they really do help to illustrate your point!

3 hours ago, Gatzby said:

Probably not for a12, but I do know there's some work around FOVs/scaling going on that may touch on this. Thank you for the images, they really do help to illustrate your point!

yeah, thx, will be happy if this is implemented on release or next year after release

thats wat I want to see, no zoom at all

will we see it in A13? (if not in A12):

fal_reload.gif

please :x