Sign in to follow this  
v76

The Expanse (syfy series)

'The Expanse' is one of the best series I've seen I think ever, highly highly recommend it to any sci-fi guys and even those that aren't.

Its not some star trek or star wars sci-fi, its set purely in this solar system and its grounded very much in real world physics (no warp 9 jangles).

Yeah i am watching it too.

Its a cool series its true.

cool! thx for info! I love scifi!

Books are even better.  Best scify out there ive read and seen in a long time. 

Posted (edited)

best sci-fi show for nearly ever. shame they've gone and dumped it - probably some seat-polishing-bean-counter decided they're not making enough money.

On 12/05/2018 at 7:53 AM, Mon Pavion said:

Books are even better.

yeppers! :)

Edited by LaughingJack

I watched Lost In Space new series on Netflix, all 10 episodes, pretty good series can't wait for next season.  I seen some Expanse episodes and was not bad, they spent more money on some episodes than others with SFX.  But I haven't seen new seasons of it yet, but good news, Amazon maybe or is picking up the series I believe, look it up, it's not dead.

On 5/22/2018 at 10:53 AM, LaughingJack said:

best sci-fi show for nearly ever. shame they've gone and dumped it - probably some seat-polishing-bean-counter decided they're not making enough money.

yeppers! :)

It hasn't been dumped, there was talk a year ago season 3 may not happen but the 3rd season is up and half way through... talk of the forth..... check facts mate :)

actually a mate told me a few weeks ago, so i can only go by what he has said - something about it being dropped, but the 'community' did some crowdfunding to prop it back up again. ;) i can't watch it any more until i get it copies of it

Posted (edited)

I never heard any of that, it's all funded by netflix.... no crowd funding at all.... you need to stop listening to your friend.

Edited by v76

Season 4 has officially been picked up by Amazon :)

Watched all seasons in a week or so... great TV show. Setting is quite plausible from current standpoint (excluded everything *prot_m* related... won't go any further cause of spoilers :) ). Best one i ever seen. They really put some thought to it! And physics! Not all done well but you gotta love some details (2nd and 3rd session is better as it seems they spend more money to portray it better)! Also, interesting and very plausible interpretation of future spaceship systems including weapons.