Posted (edited)

Just wanted to give a huge thanks for FINALLY implementing custom ADS sensitivity. The game is much more playable for me, and possibly thousands others now :D

Edited by Dtodt13

Glad to hear you like it! Was great to see people discover it as the patch rolled out. =)

Squad is shaping up very nicely, so many cool things we couldnt thank for just one thing

What a great game it is

For some reason it doesn't work for me. I can set it to what ever setting and the sensitivity is the same. Am I being stupid?

Dude i wish i would fall into coma in a car accident for a year or something just for not having to wait for what's to come for this awsome ass game xD

3 hours ago, L0cation said:

Dude i wish i would fall into coma in a car accident for a year or something just for not having to wait for what's to come for this awsome ass game xD

Do people think before they write?

As someone who worked on an intensive care for 8 years, i'm pretty sure this is the last thing you want to happen.

And no, i can't take this comment funny when i think of all the victims of accidents and their relatives.

1 hour ago, Planetgong said:

Do people think before they write?

As someone who worked on an intensive care for 8 years, i'm pretty sure this is the last thing you want to happen.

And no, i can't take this comment funny when i think of all the victims of accidents and their relatives.

Chill bro ......

So is being frozen ( not to death ) and then waking up after a year sounds better o.O

I like the way SQUAD is taking. I can´t deny it. I watch the Squad Chat on YouTube, and every answer the devs give on the forum makes me feel my voice is Heard and they are working on the kind of game I want. 

BUT....

Today (Saturday my gaming day of the week) I played 2 rounds of squad...and I didn´t feel like playing anymore. I had had enough. But I felt like playing some more....So I went back to PR and OH MY GOD!....I couldn´t stop playing!....

I did that last week as well. There are so many things. I just cant sum it up in one post. And some other things I just can´t explain. The game starts and....things just...Flow....and it is completely different from anything else.

I would Like SQUAD to become that unique game. But after this last week I see it´s still FAR FAR away. 

So...I don´t want to be in a comma. I just want it to happen soon. 

1 hour ago, Nightingale87 said:

I like the way SQUAD is taking. I can´t deny it. I watch the Squad Chat on YouTube, and every answer the devs give on the forum makes me feel my voice is Heard and they are working on the kind of game I want. 

BUT....

Today (Saturday my gaming day of the week) I played 2 rounds of squad...and I didn´t feel like playing anymore. I had had enough. But I felt like playing some more....So I went back to PR and OH MY GOD!....I couldn´t stop playing!....

I did that last week as well. There are so many things. I just cant sum it up in one post. And some other things I just can´t explain. The game starts and....things just...Flow....and it is completely different from anything else.

I would Like SQUAD to become that unique game. But after this last week I see it´s still FAR FAR away. 

So...I don´t want to be in a comma. I just want it to happen soon. 

Maybe it's more about the people you are playing with ? I mean must people in PR are usually hardcore , and in squad you always have newcomers / people that try to play the game like any other shooter . 

8 hours ago, L0cation said:

Maybe it's more about the people you are playing with ? I mean must people in PR are usually hardcore , and in squad you always have newcomers / people that try to play the game like any other shooter . 

I agree in part.

The fact that Squad came into scene made the PR player base be smaller but BETTER. Now the average quality of the server has improved because the percentage of people who "know What they are doing" is higher.

On the other hand... I run into new players every weekend. Absolutely new players who say "this is my first game so I´ll try not to suck" (lol). So it´s not JUST that.

I still think the current gameplay mechanics allow "newcomers / people that try to play the game like any other shooter" 

For example, there is a post (recent I won´t wuote it) which is asking about "YOUR BEST GAME EVER" and is asking about how much you killed and died. This is exactly What makes the game not be unique. A mechanic that incentivize a post like that, is obviously not pushing people away from the typical FPS mentality. 

8 hours ago, L0cation said:

Maybe it's more about the people you are playing with ? 

More on this part:

I think it´s unlikely by now. I was told the same thing in a different post 100 hs of playing ago. And I´m inclined to believe it´s not because of the people I´m playing with. 

The two rounds i mentiones were with a decent squad and with a good squad leader. 2 medics one lat, no marksman and people trying to stick together and following orders. Still...the flow of the game was dictated by: Spawn on rally, try to attack that flag,...we all die, spawn sl first refresh rally, try again.... until raly is overrun. Now spawn at hav, under attack...keep spawning there until we all die. spawn at main, take a truck, set a new rally close to the new flag to defend, all die, start over."

PR last night: I died 3 times in 3 matches (3+/- hours)

Squad: I can die 3 times in 4 minutes...at the end of the game you see some people scoring 15/15 KD ratio in a 40 minutes round. (!!!)

3 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

I agree in part.

The fact that Squad came into scene made the PR player base be smaller but BETTER. Now the average quality of the server has improved because the percentage of people who "know What they are doing" is higher.

On the other hand... I run into new players every weekend. Absolutely new players who say "this is my first game so I´ll try not to suck" (lol). So it´s not JUST that.

I still think the current gameplay mechanics allow "newcomers / people that try to play the game like any other shooter" 

For example, there is a post (recent I won´t wuote it) which is asking about "YOUR BEST GAME EVER" and is asking about how much you killed and died. This is exactly What makes the game not be unique. A mechanic that incentivize a post like that, is obviously not pushing people away from the typical FPS mentality. 

More on this part:

I think it´s unlikely by now. I was told the same thing in a different post 100 hs of playing ago. And I´m inclined to believe it´s not because of the people I´m playing with. 

The two rounds i mentiones were with a decent squad and with a good squad leader. 2 medics one lat, no marksman and people trying to stick together and following orders. Still...the flow of the game was dictated by: Spawn on rally, try to attack that flag,...we all die, spawn sl first refresh rally, try again.... until raly is overrun. Now spawn at hav, under attack...keep spawning there until we all die. spawn at main, take a truck, set a new rally close to the new flag to defend, all die, start over."

Squad: I can die 3 times in 4 minutes...at the end of the game you see some people scoring 15/15 KD ratio in a 40 minutes round. (!!!)

I really like project reality , the idea of the game is insane , also they way they pulled it off .... It's just the gunplay ... It's so outdated that no matter how much i am immersed in the game by the sound , communication , and visual effects .... This microstuddering and clumsiness ruins it all when i am in a fire fight . 

And thats why i like squad becuase it the clostest thing we have to PR but with much better mechanics .

And the reason that you die more often in squad might be becuase of plenty of reason like draw distance , more accurate weapons , no suppression , but mainly becouse people are less patient in squad , and becuase the gun play is so good people actually look for these engagements , where in PR it is more of a mind game becuase you can't shoot as fast as you can aim becuase of random bullet deviation that requires you to wait more before you shoot , also name tags .... In squad you instantly shoot anything without a namw tag , while in PR it takes more time to distinguish enemys from allies . 

I feel ya Nightingale... Tonight I played a round or two of Squad and just wasn't feeling it... Everyone running around, not listening, doing their own thing... I gave up...

And then I noticed my friend eggman playing (long time PR dev, lead gameplay deisgner for a while)... So I jumped on that server and found him and his full 9 man squad, and just started supporting his squad and working together... A couple other guys joined us like Jevski and some other guys, and next thing you know 7 hours later we are still playing!!

I hope we can continue to move in a good direction, but ya definitely agree it's all about who you are playing with and what kind of attitude they bring to the game.

Thanks for the support and we will continue to listen to players and get Squad into that awesome territory of combined arms combat like PR has been at for a while.

11 minutes ago, L0cation said:

also name tags .... In squad you instantly shoot anything without a namw tag , while in PR it takes more time to distinguish enemys from allies . 

Amen for that...

11 minutes ago, L0cation said:

people are less patient in squad , and becuase the gun play is so good people actually look for these engagements , where in PR it is more of a mind game 

That´s it. People aren´t patient and that´s because being impatient is not punished by game mechanics. Spawning time is too short, habs arent deactivated by enemy presence, rallies are really easy to refresh, etc.

I want to see a MUCH more punishing gameplay. "shit if I peak now, and get shot, then that´s 3 min wating to respawn, FAAAAR away, and alone. I better keep myself safe". This is a videogame, and this is the only way to get to a "KEEP SAFE" mentality. 

Now once you have instilled the KEEP SAFE mentality in the playerbase, that´s when tactitcs that make sense in real life will start making sense in the game. But more fun...because you dont get hurt!...:D

For example of a good game, we were on Kohat as Russians, I had created an APC squad running with the 3 BTRs... We lost 1 APC during the 100 minute round (partly cause the Gunner got shot out due to that bug), and we got to support our infantry in taking Maud zai, we has did a mixture of long range and close range combat, and successfully ran away from a couple volleys with warriors, calling in our TOW gunners to deal with the threat (instead of going directly at the far superior armor)

My gunners and drivers were very communicative and patient, we always moved as a convoy, and we even got to transport some full infantry squads (though they were very hesitant to do so)

Hoping eventually we can see this stuff happen more often :)

3 minutes ago, fuzzhead said:

and next thing you know 7 hours later we are still playing!!

Are you sure that´s healthy?...lol

I thank you for your reply. I always feel the devs are listening to what I have to say. I know you have a hard job of keeping it fun for EVERYBODY. Mybe one day will come in which you will have to choose your target audience....;)

I think a lot of seasoned players, playing most hardcore shooters being developed at the moment, are looking for that truly hardcore experience. That almost masochistic DayZ-feeling when getting killed, which brings a hell of a lot more reward to when you actually accomplish something. I am one of those.

I, for one, would not mind 5 min re-spawn delay, travel time, or having to do a lot of manual labor in game, as long as it is for the greater good of the team. But look at forum reactions when ideas like that are mentioned. A lot of players would lose their shit. "OOOOOH MYYY GAAAAAAWWWWWWD!!!!! This is soooooo boring!! Duuuuuh, now I have to wait for my turn to have fun again!!" 

The lack of commitment to anything, except K/D, loot, or progression awards, is a serious decadence in gaming today. If a game like Squad would have been released 15 years ago, when mostly "true nerds" played video games, gameplay would have been serious as f*ck. These days every other person has a gaming rig at home, sometimes just for the lack of other interests, and might not take the time to commit to what they are playing. It is just a casual thing for them. Hence the term "casuals".

Me, I have a limited time to play due to work, exercise, trying to cook food and eat healthy, etc, and will therefore invest more of myself into whatever I am playing, when I finally have the time to do so. I am also looking for a truly exciting experience. The "casual" who spends 8+ hours in front of his/her rig every day is more likely to have a short attention span, and need a constant flow of awards (flashy things on screen) and whatnot to keep interest. 

(Hardcore and casual gamers are IMO not defined by time spent gaming. Other aspect come in to play here.)

Just me writing off the top of my head. I have no studies backing this up, or have not given it much thought either. Just a feeling. 

26 minutes ago, PuddleMurda said:

I think a lot of seasoned players, playing most hardcore shooters being developed at the moment, are looking for that truly hardcore experience. That almost masochistic DayZ-feeling when getting killed, which brings a hell of a lot more reward to when you actually accomplish something. I am one of those.

I, for one, would not mind 5 min re-spawn delay, travel time, or having to do a lot of manual labor in game, as long as it is for the greater good of the team. But look at forum reactions when ideas like that are mentioned. A lot of players would lose their shit. "OOOOOH MYYY GAAAAAAWWWWWWD!!!!! This is soooooo boring!! Duuuuuh, now I have to wait for my turn to have fun again!!" 

The lack of commitment to anything, except K/D, loot, or progression awards, is a serious decadence in gaming today. If a game like Squad would have been released 15 years ago, when mostly "true nerds" played video games, gameplay would have been serious as f*ck. These days every other person has a gaming rig at home, sometimes just for the lack of other interests, and might not take the time to commit to what they are playing. It is just a casual thing for them. Hence the term "casuals".

Me, I have a limited time to play due to work, exercise, trying to cook food and eat healthy, etc, and will therefore invest more of myself into whatever I am playing, when I finally have the time to do so. I am also looking for a truly exciting experience. The "casual" who spends 8+ hours in front of his/her rig every day is more likely to have a short attention span, and need a constant flow of awards (flashy things on screen) and whatnot to keep interest. 

(Hardcore and casual gamers are IMO not defined by time spent gaming. Other aspect come in to play here.)

Just me writing off the top of my head. I have no studies backing this up, or have not given it much thought either. Just a feeling. 

I agree with all you said...except for the "eating healthy"....

Now I´d like to add one more BIG thing. and that is....what people consider PLAYING.

Some people only consider they are actually "playing" the game when they can see the enemy down their sights and shooting.

Some people consider that marking an enemy fob or infanty in a map is playing. Some people consider scanning the horizon for 10 minutes is playing.

Some people consider playing soritng out the kits of the squad, planning  ageneral strategy, listening to orders, going to the right chopper, flying for 3 minutes, landing in the right place, walking for 2 more mins while scanning the horizon, waiting for supplies while scanning the horizon, building a fob while scanning the horizon, and trying to find the enemy before it finds you. And when that doesn´t work and you get killed having shot less tan half a magazine. 

It boils down to "what people consider playing". My point is that people that dont consider playing the LONG versión, might as well be playing any other shooter and still have fun. I want SQUAD to be something different....UNIQUE

On 2018/5/13 at 10:13 PM, L0cation said:

I really like project reality , the idea of the game is insane , also they way they pulled it off .... It's just the gunplay ... It's so outdated that no matter how much i am immersed in the game by the sound , communication , and visual effects .... This microstuddering and clumsiness ruins it all when i am in a fire fight . 

And thats why i like squad becuase it the clostest thing we have to PR but with much better mechanics .

And the reason that you die more often in squad might be becuase of plenty of reason like draw distance , more accurate weapons , no suppression , but mainly becouse people are less patient in squad , and becuase the gun play is so good people actually look for these engagements , where in PR it is more of a mind game becuase you can't shoot as fast as you can aim becuase of random bullet deviation that requires you to wait more before you shoot , also name tags .... In squad you instantly shoot anything without a namw tag , while in PR it takes more time to distinguish enemys from allies . 

The awful gun mechanics and net code is also why I got a little tired of PR. But goddamn that game has an epic feel that Squad doesn’t quite have yet.

On 5/13/2018 at 10:35 AM, Nightingale87 said:

More on this part:

I'm starting to think people took my post the wrong way. I asked for your best game ever kills wise because I wanted to see who racked up the most kills in a match and how they went about it, you know, getting people to share their gameplay experiences? I asked for kills because they're not as easy to get in this game as any other, so the higher number generally means there was a hell of a match behind it.

However, I stated for other "best game" scenarios, I wasn't aiming only at kills, I just listed kills as the situations where that number goes up tend to be intense firefights or amazing coordination/communication. You realise the person with the most kills could've been on comms to a spotter? That spotter would've done bugger all kills-wise, but it would still make for a good game right? There's always a reason for a high kill count, and it's not always some "newcomer-battlefield-flickshotter" out-leaning people and taking on 3 squads and a HAB all by himself. (Which is generally never going to happen unless the opposing team doesn't know what a mic is).

I understand that gun-play may be more newcomer friendly, but if it wasn't Squad wouldn't have the player-base it has now. People would get frustrated or bored. There is a lot to this game already, having a few people preferring kills is okay, and if their squad lead allows for it then so be it, if not i'm sure they'll say. I've had plenty of times where SL has requested me to swap from, say, the marksmen role at the start of a match because it's unnecessary and we need more utility, either as a medic or LAT etc. Then, later on in the game they request for me to switch back as they're caught in a situation and they need more covering fire, or for targets to be picked off as they approach an objective.

My point is; It exists, sure. But it is massively over-exaggerated. It has helped the game move-along in terms of playerbase size, and gun-play is still a vital part of a game like this. In the end, if they made it so that you could only use semi-automatic as fully-automatic is more likely to kill you rather than the enemy due to recoil, it'd be more frustrating than it would be fun. And fun, is.. well... essential for survival.

Oh, and I thought I'd add, I'd rather my post not be used as an example. It makes it look bad, and it makes me look bad. I'd rather not get focused down because people like refuse to look at the bigger picture. I'm finding it annoying now. 

EDIT; Just thought I'd add, in-case someone sees this as an easy "point-of-attack" for an argument. Yes, I know you didn't name my post or me, and I'm happy for criticism. But, let's be honest, most people here have enough braincells to use the search function so it wont be hard to find my post, so if you're wondering why I pointed myself out, here ya go. It wouldn't have been hard to find the thread anyway.

Edited by Lightly_Salted