Jump to content
YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife

Personally, I think the next faction should be China

Recommended Posts

First off, of the regular forces, 2/3 of them are NATO nations. 2/3 of them are European nations as well. We haven't had any southeast Asian nations yet and I think it would be a nice change of setting. The People's Liberation Army has unique equipment as well. The QBZ-95 and Type 07 camouflage uniforms as well as vehicles like the ZBD-04 and Type 96 tanks, just a few examples. I just think the Chinese would bring a lot to the table.

 

I want to know what you all think the next faction should be because the poll is pretty old by now and I don't think it should still be considered 100% valid.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a lot of untapped nations from that area that would be interesting to see.

Both Korea and Japan have a large portion of domestically produced equipment and some variations of American equipment.

Also those Sexy K2 and Type89 Rifles.

 

China would be a great OPFOR addition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The biggest issue for the deve would be whether the Chinese government would take action to block server access to the game. While I don't think it would be feasible for them to kill the servers directly, they might be able to disband the server hosts' online community making it difficult to continue hosting. At present, due to the lack of dedicated regional servers for many Asian countries, Chinese servers are home to many non-Chinese Asian players.

 

Also, I'm not sure if having another bullpup-rifle-using faction would be that much of an addition.

Edited by Noobgamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IDF? Isreal? Have epic Merkava tank + UH-60

+ cool looking Namer APC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

china is good to counterer USA and British forces. 
MEC or CHINA is good to be next

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2018 at 5:22 AM, Noobgamer said:

The biggest issue for the deve would be whether the Chinese government would take action to block server access to the game. While I don't think it would be feasible for them to kill the servers directly, they might be able to disband the server hosts' online community making it difficult to continue hosting. At present, due to the lack of dedicated regional servers for many Asian countries, Chinese servers are home to many non-Chinese Asian players.

 

Also, I'm not sure if having another bullpup-rifle-using faction would be that much of an addition.

EA/DICE didn't seem to have a problem with this with Battlefield 2.

 

You'd have the potention for maps where China is facing against INS, the British, the US and Russia so it would be a nice 'OPFOR' nation that doesn't really limit you in terms of what you can do with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2018 at 7:04 AM, embecmom said:

mods... 

+1

 

The devs also said that if a really good mod is made that's popular, they will consider putting it in the base game....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

that no servers actually use

Many of the mods are incomplete as of yet , so i am not sure about adding incomplete mods to an incomplete game . I am really looking forward to the French faction mod , from what i have seen this mod would probably be in main game becuase the guys working on it look like they know what they are doing .

In conclusion let's just wait and see !  I am personally really excited for mods that remake old loved maps from PR .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IMO Devs should only add another OPFOR faction (so MEC or China, or whatever else they may come up with), and leave all other ideas up to community modders to develop and if they are good enough they can be added to the main game as stated above.

 

The French Forces mod is shaping up really nicely and I can see it being one of the first such mods to be incorporated into the base game.

Edited by SShadowFox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd really like to see China in as well TBH, they give the US and Russia a run for their money (and spend twice what Russia does annually on their military). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Kern said:

EA/DICE didn't seem to have a problem with this with Battlefield 2.

 

You'd have the potention for maps where China is facing against INS, the British, the US and Russia so it would be a nice 'OPFOR' nation that doesn't really limit you in terms of what you can do with it.

B2 came out in 2005, and China has changed a lot in the past 10 years, we used to have a lot more freedom of expression, but now we have tightened media sensorship on all fronts. This is not necessarily politically motivated, but probably due to economic interests and perhaps bureaucracy. For example, SARFT(State Administration of Radio Film and Television) would censor games that don't fit their particular 'requirements'. Just look at PUBG in China, the color of the blood was changed to green in order to pass the inspection due to 'excessive violence'.

 

As for PR, it had always been among a very niche community that was too small to gain any attention. Squad is a steam-released game facing 10x more players, so what might happen to it can not be predicted based on PR experience. Just look at Red Alert 2: Republic at War, it got banned from the local net cafes by the Jiangxi Province department of culture because it allowed players to fight against PLA.

Edited by Noobgamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

I wonder how many potential customers china has tbh, i feel like it might be worth it

 

China has a huge amount of PC players, just look at games like Dota. That amount is only increasing so to make a move that could get Squad banned would be a bad idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

China is interesting, but have you seen french faction mod progress ? Really good job, map content is neat. They worked well, I really see their work added to the game.

Edited by Bonnie Money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Noobgamer said:

B2 came out in 2005, and China has changed a lot in the past 10 years, we used to have a lot more freedom of expression, but now we have tightened media sensorship on all fronts. This is not necessarily politically motivated, but probably due to economic interests and perhaps bureaucracy. For example, SARFT(State Administration of Radio Film and Television) would censor games that don't fit their particular 'requirements'. Just look at PUBG in China, the color of the blood was changed to green in order to pass the inspection due to 'excessive violence'.

 

As for PR, it had always been among a very niche community that was too small to gain any attention. Squad is a steam-released game facing 10x more players, so what might happen to it can not be predicted based on PR experience. Just look at Red Alert 2: Republic at War, it got banned from the local net cafes by the Jiangxi Province department of culture because it allowed players to fight against PLA.

how the hell did y'all manage to go backwards?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

how the hell did y'all manage to go backwards?

Take a good look at many EU countries, they are all domecratic, but they are going backwards nonetheless. Nowadays you can get arrested for posting pictures of YOUKNOWWHO doing YOUKNOWWHAT stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And then a Battle for Quinling + Qwai River 4.5 x 4.5 km mixed map! :D (both these PR maps in one map)

quinling.jpg

Qwai.jpg

Edited by DanielNL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shijia Valley, favourite PR map.

I dont get why china would have anything against a chinese faction tbh. Yes you can play against them, but also as them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×