zacki1i23

Re-implement additional optic rifleman role for British ?

Right now, Brit infantry squad is very different than other conventional in term of firepower. I known that the devs want to created diversion in the game by removing the essential equipment that produce the most firepower other conventional factions relied in ( optic GPMG ) and replaced it with optical grenadier for Brit and i say this is not a fair trade and brit need something to compensate for that :

• Optical on grenadier indeed is a great thing to have, but that does not make grenadier in any kind equal to that amount of firepower and suppression provided by the GPMG, the optic does help grenadier players in spotting target but for the range adjustment, you still need to do it on your own, and this need a lot of practice to get experienced on judging distance to target on different terrain. A grenadier will need longer time to accurately engage target while with the machine-gunner, as long as you set your bipod down, you are clear to go. Currently, in most conventional forces vs conventional forces scenario, most US & RU squad i seen will not even bothered to pick AT kit, they have their vic to deal with enemy armor already, instead they will focus on maximising their firepower against enemy infantry forces. An optical GPMG can effectively engaged target far beyond 500m and even more effective than the maskman in suppression and delaying enemy advance

• The l86 LSW is never near that of a LMG, it ammunition capacity is lower than the RPK by 15 rounds, and LSW gunner only carry with them 270 rounds ( 9 mags ) compare to 540 rounds carry by rpk 74 gunner ( 12 mags ). The SUSAT is also not that comparable to the high tech sight used by RU and US (wider fov, illumination, higher power magnification, incorporated ballistic compensation )

• It just immersion breaking... I can understand support role like AT, crewman and medic don't need an optic but i never seen any british infantry go to war without optical device...

Dude, you made multiple topics about this on reddit and here. Brits have 5 optics and 2 scoped LMGs per squad same as other factions.
Moreover squads will generally have one scoped weapon + GL + LAT, and British GL has optics, so they usually have one MORE scoped weapon in their squad than other factions.
Let it go.

1 hour ago, Gopblin said:

Dude, you made multiple topics about this on reddit and here. Brits have 5 optics and 2 scoped LMGs per squad same as other factions.
Moreover squads will generally have one scoped weapon + GL + LAT, and British GL has optics, so they usually have one MORE scoped weapon in their squad than other factions.
Let it go.

this

The last thing the Brits need right now is an infantry buff. They get so many optic options as it is, and those damn gripods.

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2018 at 1:08 AM, Sparcany said:

The last thing the Brits need right now is an infantry buff. They get so many optic options as it is, and those damn gripods.

Honestly, i would rather have optic + non  foregrip bipod rather than an ironsight with foregrip bipod. We may not good at CQB as the Yank with their foregrip but at least we got our lovely optic xD

On 5/11/2018 at 3:13 PM, EcchiRevenge said:

Gripod rifleman, nuff said.

ironsight only ranged at 200m max make it hard to duel with other non optic rifleman of other factions, believe me. I frequently participated in Squadops and i know this. It kind of funny to see an item used to help increase long-range shot accuracy being equipped for a short-range platform...

Edited by zacki1i23

2 hours ago, zacki1i23 said:

Honestly, i would rather have optic + non  foregrip bipod rather than an ironsight with foregrip bipod. We may not good at CQB as the Yank with their foregrip but at least we got our lovely optic xD

The bullpup design gives the brits better indoors weapon handling/collision control plus the foregrip buffs. I honestly think the brits are better than the americans in cqb, the slightly lower rate of fire makes the L85 even more controllable. The m4a1 really only excels at panic point blank spraying from the hip.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Maybe let players choose between acog and susat?

or maybe we return to the good old day of v11 test, with susat being standard issue and ACOG with foregrip in limited, i don t think that would be a balance problem, SUSAT is not a good optic compare to russian 1P29 (wider FOV and have ballistic compensation ) and even worst than the ACOG and 1P78 ( tritum illuminate + ballistic compensate + better FOV ), having a SUSAT for brit just make the gameplay much more immersived and better, brit having L85 with SUSAT is the same as RU with red dot, it just a slighty buff and not affecting gameplay that  much, even then with RU having red dot, i still prefer the old way ironsight, at least you can range finding with that

Edited by zacki1i23

i like it as is