Yuuri

High temp while playing

My problem is that my gtx 980 ti keep reaching 80c while vsync on at 60 fps..... i open the case to circulate more air and still keep reaching high temp

my rig:

I7 7770k

z270 g3

gtx 980ti 

8g ram

80degC for  980ti is fine don't worry about it. It's probably dictated by Nvidias fan profile. You could use a utility like Afterburner to ramp up your fan speeds but that's going to bring extra noise. The safe limit for the 980ti is around 92degC.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

80degC for  980ti is fine don't worry about it. It's probably dictated by Nvidias fan profile. You could use a utility like Afterburner to ramp up your fan speeds but that's going to bring extra noise. The safe limit for the 980ti is around 92degC.

The problem is that when he reach 85+ the pc stop working and i lose signal from the monitor and after shuting down the pc.... and turn it on.. the same problem happen even again and not just this game every game keep doing the same keep losing signal... which is weird  but even 75 or 80... is too much for 60 fps only...

Edited by Yuuri

Is the inside of your PC caked in dust...? 

Is the fan on your GTX980ti perhaps also full of dust? That will hurt its thermal tolerance significantly.