Sign in to follow this  
Noobgamer

Pls give reflex sight to all rifle-using RU soldiers

The fact that anti-tank and grenadier do not get reflex sight really bugs me, as it discourages teammates to pick roles useful for the team. It really annoys me that most of the time some rookies in my team would just go for sharpshooter role, which is completely useless to the team. Overall, RU weapons and vehicles are completely inferior to US and British, and the terrible iron sight on AK would only make it worse. 

Edited by Noobgamer

Personally, I like the iron-sight on the ak and get no real performance difference between using iron-sighted weapons and reflex sights.

The issue you're talking about is more to do with player inexperience and giving every kit reflex sights doesn't fix that in anyway, in fact it could make it worse.

Tricking players into taking important roles because they have fancy scopes doesn't help them understand why those kits are important or how to use them properly.

Besides that I don't agree that the Russian are inferior to their conventional counterparts. They have more LAT, a better HAT and a larger capacity GPMG that can sustain fire at a long range. The vehicles definitely need to be played differently than the other conventional factions but the 30mm still packs a hell of a punch and they're all pretty survivable.

AK's are best because of iron sights, best field of view that is not blocked when aiming down. So I disagree about reflex sights for everyone. I even hate, that rifleman has it now.

Please don't put any more of those god awful ak sights on my rifles, they're sh*t. Iron sights >>>> new ak sight.

Evrything else is fine sight wise, but the ak really got the short end of the stick on cqc sight.

Edited by oTec

4 hours ago, Stom said:

Personally, I like the iron-sight on the ak and get no real performance difference between using iron-sighted weapons and reflex sights.

The issue you're talking about is more to do with player inexperience and giving every kit reflex sights doesn't fix that in anyway, in fact it could make it worse.

Tricking players into taking important roles because they have fancy scopes doesn't help them understand why those kits are important or how to use them properly.

Besides that I don't agree that the Russian are inferior to their conventional counterparts. They have more LAT, a better HAT and a larger capacity GPMG that can sustain fire at a long range. The vehicles definitely need to be played differently than the other conventional factions but the 30mm still packs a hell of a punch and they're all pretty survivable.

Leaving aside the differences in vehicles, which is a topic I don't quite comprehend, reflex sights do make it better to aim due to better view and the ability to better observe bullet drop. As for scoped RU machiguns, I have to disagree completely. Both US machiguns have larger drums than RPK 74M, and they unquestionably have better scope with higher magnification and better range indicators, thereby overwhelming their RU counterpart respectively. BTW, M249/L110 has the highest RoF among all machiguns. The only upside RPK-74M has was better non-deployed shooting stability, but hardly enough to compensate the other flaws in my opinion.

While I wouldn't claim that giving reflex sights to anti-tank would substantially encourage players to take up that role, but its absence may be a discouraging factor for many. As a side note, I have observed a significantly higher proportion of people taking British grenadier role than those taking US grenadier role, and I personally attribute this to British grenadier having ACOG.

Edited by Noobgamer

31 minutes ago, Noobgamer said:

Leaving aside the differences in vehicles, which is a topic I don't quite comprehend, reflex sights do make it better to aim due to better view and the ability to better observe bullet drop. As for scoped RU machiguns, I have to disagree completely. Both US machiguns have larger drums than RPK 74M, and they unquestionably have better scope with higher magnification and better range indicators, thereby overwhelming their RU counterpart respectively. BTW, M249/L110 has the highest RoF among all machiguns. The only upside RPK-74M has was better non-deployed shooting stability, but hardly enough to compensate the other flaws in my opinion.

While I wouldn't claim that giving reflex sights to anti-tank would substantially encourage players to take up that role, but its absence may be a discouraging factor for many. As a side note, I have observed a significantly higher proportion of people taking British grenadier role than those taking US grenadier role, and I personally attribute this to British grenadier having ACOG.

The disadvantage of the reflex sight is it's obstruction to the view and can't be zeroed. When you're at a range that bullet drop matters with an iron sight it's easy enough to slightly lower your aim from the target, observe the impact then readjust your aim or zero and fire again.

The Russian machine gun I was referring to is their GPMG, the PKP, which was added this update. It has a larger capacity than the MAG 58/M240, has a scope and fires a similar 7.62 round.

I don't doubt more people would take the role if they had scopes but my point was that it wouldn't necessarily mean the kits value is being realised. Right now if a player grabs LAT it's because they understand its importance or have been told to by the SL which will eventually teach them its importance. If all kits had fancy scopes new players would have a harder time understanding the purpose and value of each.

19 minutes ago, Stom said:

The disadvantage of the reflex sight is it's obstruction to the view and can't be zeroed. When you're at a range that bullet drop matters with an iron sight it's easy enough to slightly lower your aim from the target, observe the impact then readjust your aim or zero and fire again.

The Russian machine gun I was referring to is their GPMG, the PKP, which was added this update. It has a larger capacity than the MAG 58/M240, has a scope and fires a similar 7.62 round.

I don't doubt more people would take the role if they had scopes but my point was that it wouldn't necessarily mean the kits value is being realised. Right now if a player grabs LAT it's because they understand its importance or have been told to by the SL which will eventually teach them its importance. If all kits had fancy scopes new players would have a harder time understanding the purpose and value of each.

For ranged targets, adjustable iron sight is no more useful than reflex sight unless the target is exactly x hundred meters away, otherwise you either have to eleviate the iron sight above the target blocking the view completely or adjust the range to above the actual distance, in which case it would literally become a reflex sight without the dot. On the other hand, RU reflex sight can be used to accurate hit targets above 100ms as long as you know which line to use.

And personally speaking, RU GPMG having 25% more ammo capacity per mag can hardly make up for its lower-powered scope. Of course at present the PKM's scope is probably just a temporary placeholder, so maybe in the future scoped PKM could be more useful than scoped M240. 

And lastly, I don't see the conflict between having a mignified scope and learning to be an AT solider, as the vehicle can be at any distances, and ACOG rifleman players would go for close range fights anyway(like seriously I often found players with even red dot sight to camp a hill and shoot someone 300ms away all day, so it really depends on the player himself to get good, not what weapon he use). What's more, if anything one would need to destory an APC personally to appreciate and even love the AT roles, otherwise he would just blame his squad's demise by vehicles either on bad luck or other people's incompetency.

they gave a buff to iron sights in last release so its quicker to eye.. Ive found it exceptionally good

Neither camp should speak for the entire community. 

If you are an Iron Sight,

If you are an Optic,

Both should be available options to please everyone. Any objections to options? Didn't think so...