Hey, 
So idea is to make SPG 9 Tripod rotable just like it was in Project Reality. You could rotate tripod with A and D to aim and fire at any direction.

Right now, SPGs don't have this option and it makes them useless against flanking enemy, or even enemy that is slightly off your "angle of aim", and since TOWs have full 360 rotation, it would be nice to have that feature on SPGs and maybe HMGs (those not in bunkers like M2 and NSVT).

SPG-9s are only usfull if you want to block a road in an urban environment that leads to a cap or fob if. They are just ussles on open maps. This is the only way to make them beter in these maps.

Posted (edited)

Yeah I totally agree. At least give the option to move it somehow. It is also extra useless because of the unrealistic map design where all good firing positions are always blocked by Quake Arena & Co. 

Edited by SpecialAgentJohnson

This is something I've been wanting for a while and this suggestion seems like the most elegant way to do it.

Agreed, this would be the best way to improve the SPG and HMG usefulness..

Not sure how feasible this would be at the moment,  thanks for the suggestion.

12 hours ago, deadstalker said:

SPG-9s are only usfull if you want to block a road in an urban environment that leads to a cap or fob if. They are just ussles on open maps. This is the only way to make them beter in these maps.

I am sorry to say this but did you read what you wrote.

The SPG-9 is an amazing long range weapon thats even better now with the telescopic sight.The weapon is wherry effective in the hands of a good operator.I canot even start to say how many times i used it on a tecnical to hunt for enemy vehicles.

And the one that you place near the fob too especially on the open type maps just hide it the best a sl can and you can kill a stryker while he is trying to find and hit you and sprays bullets everywhere.

The only thing thy need to implement is a possibility of 360 degrese turning of the SPG-9.  

4 hours ago, Bahrein said:

I am sorry to say this but did you read what you wrote.

The SPG-9 is an amazing long range weapon thats even better now with the telescopic sight.The weapon is wherry effective in the hands of a good operator.I canot even start to say how many times i used it on a tecnical to hunt for enemy vehicles.

And the one that you place near the fob too especially on the open type maps just hide it the best a sl can and you can kill a stryker while he is trying to find and hit you and sprays bullets everywhere.

The only thing thy need to implement is a possibility of 360 degrese turning of the SPG-9.  

On a techie is another thing. 

29 minutes ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

On a techie is another thing. 

Its the same for both.On a techie you are just more flexible 

Agree with OP, don't know why it was in there first first place.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Bahrein said:

Well you can rotate the car. But you can't rotate the stationary weapon on the ground. 

Edited by SpecialAgentJohnson

Posted (edited)
On 09.05.2018 at 4:59 PM, Bahrein said:

Except weapon, no it isn't, you can do anything with a spg techie, while tripods are mheee... limited aim and unmovable, need to be build and after one use people where it is. Where have you seen it was the same thing ?

Edited by Bonnie Money

1 hour ago, Bonnie Money said:

Except weapon, no it isn't, you can do anything with a spg techie, while tripods are mheee... limited aim and unmovable, need to be build and after one use people where it is. Where have you seen it was the same thing ?

Ha?

+1

Also, 

On 5/9/2018 at 10:59 AM, Bahrein said:

It's not because the SPG emplacement has about 60 degrees usefulness as it CANNOT rotate 360 degrees. Therefore if the emplacement needs to point outside of it's effective angle, currently the only way to do it is by digging it down and back up again which will require construction points. Not to mention that usually when this is done it's already too late...

Give SPG's full rotation! 

20 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

+1

Also, 

It's not because the SPG emplacement has about 60 degrees usefulness as it CANNOT rotate 360 degrees. Therefore if the emplacement needs to point outside of it's effective angle, currently the only way to do it is by digging it down and back up again which will require construction points. Not to mention that usually when this is done it's already too late...

Give SPG's full rotation! 

I know that Cpt and i agree for the full 360 rotation as in real world.

I was disagreeing with the poster about usfulnes of an SPG-9 in total even with that small angle the emplasment has its still a great weapon not as usless as he wrote.

1 hour ago, Bahrein said:

I was disagreeing with the poster about usfulnes of an SPG-9 in total even with that small angle the emplasment has its still a great weapon not as usless as he wrote.

Oh right, yeah it's not totally useless right now, it can always be better

#MakeSPGgreatAgain

On 5/9/2018 at 1:34 AM, fuzzhead said:

Agreed, this would be the best way to improve the SPG and HMG usefulness..

Not sure how feasible this would be at the moment,  thanks for the suggestion.

Yeah, in my opinion and experience after building all kinds of firebases, I would like to say that US .50 cal HMG and Russian HMG need a wider cone to be usefull. At the moment, the scopes on HMGs helped, alot. But we are still "not there yet" with HMG emplacements.

I don't like seeing you guys talking about each other's spelling in a thread about SPG, nor do I like discussions about anyone's personal place in a forum in public. Bring this to PM and stay on topic, it's about SPG and not ortography.
@Bonnie Money @Bahrein No need to reply, if you feel the need to say something, PM me or each other.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Bonnie Money said:

I was attacking you because you cleary have troubles writing english while saying I was, of course I can't handle your opinion, it is wrong. 

And me, telling you to use google traduction was an advice, not an insult. You do many orthographic mistakes, use it.

Well thanks a lot for your advice.

And i will still stay by my opinion the the SPG-9 just needs to get a 360 turning radius and no option on moving it.

Edited by Bahrein

Such factions as Militia and Insurgents should have their own ATGMs. Such as an old soviet 9K113 Konkurs or even older Malutka. 

We can see that it is widely using in a modern conflicts.

Also, small note:

TOW's wire that following a rocket is too thick, it looks like it has a 2cm diameter whilst in real life it is thin, about 0.3cm

On 5/12/2018 at 2:16 AM, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

How is that? 

crank up the DPI as high as it can go, swipe to the intended direction and boom your out of the "zone".

though it is limited in a way, as after your initial swipe, you can't move further "away".