Jump to content
zacki1i23

Does the lack of optic GPMG make British faction under-powered compare to other conventional forces ?

Recommended Posts

I really dislike the change for the Brit, back when we still in the test, brit infantry got the priviledge to have more optical equipped rifleman in their squad to compensate for the loss of optic GPMG, and now the offical release removed what is essential for the brit to fight against other conventional forces...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played a minute ago and I think I must've gunned down single handedly an entire british squad and none of them could handle my optic so yes the optics are extremely OP and it's going to make any faction that has less optics very under-powered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Friesen said:

I played a minute ago and I think I must've gunned down single handedly an entire british squad and none of them could handle my optic so yes the optics are extremely OP and it's going to make any faction that has less optics very under-powered.

US and RU have more vehicle and better infantry than brit, it will be very hard for brit to stand a chance against these 2...At least the INS and milita have dirty trick to counter...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brits have optics on GL, it's the same number of optics kits
Also they have better vehicle than RU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gopblin said:

Brits have optics on GL, it's the same number of optics kits
Also they have better vehicle than RU

This. 

All wannabe sniper here...omg

Edited by Tmac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2018 at 2:16 PM, Gopblin said:

Brits have optics on GL, it's the same number of optics kits
Also they have better vehicle than RU

just that one have optic on a fcking Machine gun and one on an assault rifle, huh ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brits have optics on: SL, LMG (better than other factions Scoped Rifleman), Marksman, LMG, Grenadier

Since a common lineup for FS roles is LAT + GL + 1 optic, it means Brits effectively have 1 more optic role than other factions, and their Scoped Rifleman is an LMG

You're objectively wrong man, let it go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

the MG role without a scope is pretty useless compared to AR/Riflemen/Marksmen until suppression, body armour, and surface penetration are fully realized in the game. The extra damage it deals isn't nearly enough to make up for the lack of optic.

 

The British probably just shouldnt have one until then if it isnt going to have a scope. All it does is suck up slots for better kits in your Squad.

Edited by 40mmrain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well yeah, I suspect the devs just gave the Brits a third MG to avoid inevitable whine about "why don't Brits have a GPMG waaaa"

It doesn't actually affect balance in a meaningful way regardless, because its not like any sane Brit squad would have three scoped MGs and Marksman instead of one or two scoped MGs, Marksman, scoped grenadier and/or LAT

So basically if they get a scoped GPMG it won't change much except I suspect some INS players will whine because it makes Brits look stronger in theory

Edited by Gopblin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Gopblin said:

Brits have optics on: SL, LMG (better than other factions Scoped Rifleman), Marksman, LMG, Grenadier

Since a common lineup for FS roles is LAT + GL + 1 optic, it means Brits effectively have 1 more optic role than other factions, and their Scoped Rifleman is an LMG

You're objectively wrong man, let it go

i still don t know why people like to call the LSW is the LMG,  30 rounds per mag and LSW gunner only carry 8 mags with him ? Compare these number to a RPK 74 of RU ( 45 rounds per mag and 15 mags carry ) and "maybe" you see how much different in term of firepower, not to mentioned RU optic is much more clearer, wider Field of view and have it own ballistic compensation

Edited by zacki1i23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not at all, two scoped machinegunners are too much for a single squad, as that configuration seriously reduces the squad mobility. British infantry would overwhelm US infantry if not for the lack of red dot sights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Noobgamer said:

Not at all, two scoped machinegunners are too much for a single squad, as that configuration seriously reduces the squad mobility. British infantry would overwhelm US infantry if not for the lack of red dot sights.

well, in my experienced, US squad and RU squad would overwhelm Brit by their MG firepower.It not like it decreasing a squad mobility that much, US and RU GPMG now come with optic which make it possible for a machine gunner ability to stay stationary at one place for longer time and start put fire down range for squad to advance. We didn t even bother to pick LAT anymore, we already got vehicle there to deal with enemy armor, most RU, US squad right now would just focus on maximize their firepower against enemy infantry

Edited by zacki1i23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, zacki1i23 said:

well, in my experienced, US squad and RU squad would overwhelm Brit by their MG firepower.It not like it decreasing a squad mobility that much, US and RU GPMG now come with optic which make it possible for a machine gunner ability to stay stationary at one place for longer time and start put fire down range for squad to advance. We didn t even bother to pick LAT anymore, we already got vehicle there to deal with enemy armor, most RU, US squad right now would just focus on maximize their firepower against enemy infantry

Let's not forget that British does have two scoped machinegunners, one of which is called sharpshooter somehow. On the other hand, British would be able to have almost equivalent long-range fire power without sacrificing grenadier ability that could be extremely useful on certain maps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Noobgamer said:

Let's not forget that British does have two scoped machinegunners, one of which is called sharpshooter somehow. On the other hand, British would be able to have almost equivalent long-range fire power without sacrificing grenadier ability that could be extremely useful on certain maps.

Yes, im not ****ing forget all of those, and i recognised that it not equal to that of an optic GPMG.Grenadier need experienced player to work effectively,  the optic just help with target identification, you still have to do the range measuring by yourself, and how long or how easy it took for you to do that depend on different terrain, and possibly you will have to wasted 3-4 rounds to get an accurate measuring, while with GPMG, you only need a fcking bipod down to get it work, and the L86 "WHY THE **** EVERYONE ALWAY SAID IT IS AN LMG, THE POOR THING DON T HAVE HIGH CAPACITY MAG, AND THE GUNNER CARRY EVEN LESS AMMUNITION THAN THE RUSSIAN RPK 74M, NOT TO MENTIONED THE OLD SYSTEM OPTIC WHICH GAVE YOU SMALL FOV AND LOW MAGNIFY"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zacki1i23 said:

Yes, im not ****ing forget all of those, and i recognised that it not equal to that of an optic GPMG.Grenadier need experienced player to work effectively,  the optic just help with target identification, you still have to do the range measuring by yourself, and how long or how easy it took for you to do that depend on different terrain, and possibly you will have to wasted 3-4 rounds to get an accurate measuring, while with GPMG, you only need a fcking bipod down to get it work, and the L86 "WHY THE **** EVERYONE ALWAY SAID IT IS AN LMG, THE POOR THING DON T HAVE HIGH CAPACITY MAG, AND THE GUNNER CARRY EVEN LESS AMMUNITION THAN THE RUSSIAN RPK 74M, NOT TO MENTIONED THE OLD SYSTEM OPTIC WHICH GAVE YOU SMALL FOV AND LOW MAGNIFY"

And meanwhile RU PKM is having the a scope with wrong range indicators, so it can't reliably hit anything beyond 100ms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, zacki1i23 said:

i still don t know why people like to call the LSW is the LMG,  30 rounds per mag and LSW gunner only carry 8 mags with him ? Compare these number to a RPK 74 of RU ( 45 rounds per mag and 15 mags carry ) and "maybe" you see how much different in term of firepower, not to mentioned RU optic is much more clearer, wider Field of view and have it own ballistic compensation

 

And how often do you go through that many rounds in a single life? Squad doesn't really have suppression and most cover isn't penetrable, so spraying without seeing a target is 99% of time counterproductive. So one must shoot directly at enemies and not waste ammo. 8 mags should be enough to score at least 10 kills, probably more. Yeah other LMGs have more ammo but 90% of the time you won't live long enough to even go through the ammo on the British LMG, it's a fairly marginal difference. 

As for grenadier, once again, you can still shoot people with your rifle. I don't know why you don't acknowledge that fact. It's basically Scoped Rifleman and Grenadier rolled into one class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×