DanielNL

Why M4 firing modes so inconsistent still???

Why when I short-click on salvo mode it STILL only shoots one and sometimes even two bullets instead of allways 3 ? whats going on with the Squad M4A3 ? This bug has been around for months now!

It's not a bug, it's how the rifle works IRL. Hold the trigger down longer for the full 3 round burst.

"longer" ok, but should it only do single shots everytime instead of 2 round bursts sometimes when I only tap my mouse button really quickly?

If you're clicking the mouse button quickly then it will only fire 1 round just like it would do if you quickly pulled the trigger IRL.

Nope not for me (with ping of ~ 70-80 most of the time)

1 hour ago, DanielNL said:

Nope not for me (with ping of ~ 70-80 most of the time)

*Hint* never use burst atleast in CQC. Burst just doesnt work well in CQC for me. I can do better spamming single because in burst when i spam its inconsistent like you say, when i do a burst fire like intended i die because i need to control recoil, hold fire, let go fire, press fire in matter of seconds

Ok so this is a bug that OWI should be made aware of.

6 hours ago, DanielNL said:

Why when I short-click on salvo mode it STILL only shoots one and sometimes even two bullets instead of allways 3 ? whats going on with the Squad M4A3 ? This bug has been around for months now!

It works on a cam like a ratchet wrench. If you don't do the full three it doesn't cycle  yet.

If it is shooting two with you tapping the button, you're either holding it a hair too long when you're tapping it or it really is a bug.

In V11 semi mode is the only way to go, as the recoil recovery now is almost instant, and there would be no interval time between bursts so higher DPM.

Posted (edited)

No it is not a bug that is how 3 round burst works, if you don't hold the trigger long enough then it won't fire all 3 rounds

Edited by UrANiUM262

Posted (edited)

But if I TAP the trigger super short it should always only fire 1 round, not 2 !

Edited by DanielNL

It's probably a framerate related issue, a lot of games have similar issues with firerates and server/client framerate.

Really? Hm. I thought 1 frame every 40 ms doesn't have impact like that, but ok.

I kinda avoid burst weapons, they are not consistent.

Yeah lol good luck avoiding playing without a burst weapon when playing medic in US army team......

On 5/24/2018 at 6:10 PM, DanielNL said:

Really? Hm. I thought 1 frame every 40 ms doesn't have impact like that, but ok.

I'm just gonna copy and paste from this post: http://denkirson.proboards.com/thread/6642/fire-rates-frame

"Basically what happens is:
1. When a bullet fires, another one cannot fire until the firetime has elapsed
2. Bullets can only fire at the start of a frame
3. The firetime does not begin until after a bullet has fired

This creates a desynchronous latency between the firetime and the framerate that results in an overall longer firetime and lower fire rate."