DanielNL

Please make crewman kit available to 1-man squad.

Cause on russian servers it's hard to find an ENGLISH speaking crewman to finally join me in the Bradley... (russian server admins have no problems if u solo APCs)

Just because you want to solo a vehicle on a server where no one speaks your language? No.

Did you try joining English speaking servers? Just an idea before we go around changing game mechanics integral to teamwork and cooperation. :D

Lol no I have my battlemetrics website open and refresh it from time to time to see which servers run Goro v4... So... :P

This suggestion seems counter to everything Squad is trying to achieve.

Having a one man squad to not work with team-mates is bad. The only times I think one man squads work are either for a commander stand-in or scout, but that can and should be done with a couple more people.

Also, Soloing vehicles is something that the game has clearly been trying to move away from to encourage teamwork with the seat swap timer mechanic.

Posted (edited)

Yes but having empty bradley in base is waste of ressources. So would be cool if they implement a server-moderator command to "unlock" a vehicle for a specific player :)

Edited by DanielNL

27 minutes ago, DanielNL said:

Yes but having empty bradley in base is waste of ressources. So would be cool if they implement a server-moderator command to "unlock" a vehicle for a specific player :)

One man vehicles are at a severe disadvantage in terms of reaction and mobility compared to a full crew.

In fact, I would say a one man squad soloing a vehicle is a near guarantee of that vehicle being lost. If that vehicle is a Bradley there's a lot of tickets gone.

Soloing a vehicle within a squad is better, but still not great, because you've got a constant line of communication with your squad. However, if you had a one man squad soloing you would get irregular communications from other SLs since they've got their own squad to deal.

Daniel, you have now access to Logistics and Transports for a 1man squad, you could try running those vehicles until the english speaker joins your squad, then you can man your bradley with teamwork!!

erm I hope not..no point having a crewman kit if its just one player.. no soloing thanku... 

Well guys OF COURSE I'd have to play super defensive when soloing (camping far away from enemies, only long range engagements)

Nope.

13 hours ago, DanielNL said:

Yes but having empty bradley in base is waste of ressources.

At least that resource is not lost which translates into tickets saved. 1-man armored vehicle claim shouldn't exist.

5 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

Nope.

At least that resource is not lost which translates into tickets saved. 1-man armored vehicle claim shouldn't exist.

Yeah imagine the troll exploits then.To many one man squads imagining thy are the best in a vehicle.

Just now, Bahrein said:

Yeah imagine the troll exploits then.To many one man squads imagining thy are the best in a vehicle.

There's nothing easier to blow up than a 1-man armored vehicle you're chasing with your buddy in a 2-man armored vehicle...

1 minute ago, CptDirty said:

There's nothing easier to blow up than a 1-man armored vehicle you're chasing with your buddy in a 2-man armored vehicle...

Well its not that easy ;-) i was one man army many times especially in the 30mm NTLB and i just camp in some good woods and kick a.. ;-) 

But not many peple care to play like that.

On 5/7/2018 at 7:43 AM, CptDirty said:

Or as LAT. Solo guys are my favorite. 

Please, if possible hotfix the ability for an admin to "unlock" a vehicle for a specific player (or for him to get server-permission to equip crewman kit from ammo crate?). So many players nowadays prefer infantry over BTR/BRDM (many vehicles left unused in base), it's time we show all those infantry-only players how powerful an APC/IFV can be!

Let's just wait for OWI's statement on BTR/BRDM vehicle usage statistics (if such thing exists in Squad), or from OWI for a statement if they are willing to add admin command ("allowCrewmanKitForPlayer xyz" for example).