Khaos

Bring back Russian Ironsight rifleman.

Just a short one, I usually prefer running irons and it seems this patch the bog standard iron sight rifleman is gone. I'm assuming this may be temporary until the weapon customisation comes in however?

nah man hell no. At best give the option to choose between the two but don't speak for the entire community because I, among many others, like the new optics.

I do not like iron sight.

22 minutes ago, Vegetal said:

I wonder why someone prefers irons... Can you clarify? :)

could be personal preference which is completely fine. Perhaps CQB maps like Sumari would work best with iron sights for some, but my point to OP was not to put everyone in the same boat. Having the option between Iron Sight and Optics is best. 

Hopefully when OWI add Core Inventory we'll get to choose our loadout to some degree which should include sight options.

I will ask the mighty Chuc for this one, I agree, not all of us like aimpoints (im old fashion i like irons :)

5aeffbbfc97c4_BetaFuzzheadStop@MirkwoodLG.thumb.jpg.ccf8e728cad88d2657f597db6d76de78.jpg

Posted (edited)

My only complain about the newly introduced RU reflex sight is that not everyone, i.e., anti-tank and grenadier, gets it. It's as if the devs  are discouraging players to use roles that are helpful for the entire team.

Edited by Noobgamer

iron sights are faster to deploy now so would make sense to have a choice. I like the new sight though... iron sights for tight close quarters maps are always preferable.. just hope we never go down the route of customisation... just make choices of kits... this is not PUBG.

Posted (edited)
On 07.05.2018 at 10:08 AM, Noobgamer said:

My only complain about the newly introduced RU reflex sight is that not everyone, i.e., anti-tank and grenadier, gets it. It's as if the devs  are discouraging players to use roles that are helpful for the entire team.

You mean it discourages to play every class that has the optics, they are ****ing garbages for somes and should be removable, it does make sense. Atm I feel like a cod players when I am forced to use it and I leave optics for newbies or change team like most of people.

Edited by Bonnie Money

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Bonnie Money said:

You mean it discourages to play every class that has the optics, they are ****ing garbages for somes and should be removable, it does make sense. Atm I feel like a cod players when I am forced to use it and I leave optics for newbies or change team like most of people.

While I do not argue with you regarding personal preference, reflex sight is generally FUNCTIONALLY better than iron sight, hence its wide adoption by US troops.

Edited by Noobgamer

On 5/10/2018 at 8:34 PM, Noobgamer said:

While I do not argue with you regarding personal preference, reflex sight is generally FUNCTIONALLY better than iron sight, hence its wide adoption by US troops.

Red dots and holographic or even fiber optic sight posts are used in the real world because they're faster to put on target than standard irons. In game the opposite is true so for aggressive players irons sights are better. I prefer ironsights this patch over other nonmagnified options simply for the speed factor.

optics have higher maintenance / more fragile than irons, a major factor IRL... of course, US forces having essentially unlimited military budget is not so concerned about that

IMO they should just allow for minor gun customization, limited by what is used by the represented countries IRL. So you can pick whether you want to use the gun with a scope, reflex sight or iron sights, when available.

I don't like the current system that limits what you can pick and that cripples you depending on what you choose, for instance how scoped rifleman kits gets less grenades (or at least they did last I checked).

6 hours ago, SShadowFox said:

I don't like the current system that limits what you can pick and that cripples you depending on what you choose, for instance how scoped rifleman kits gets less grenades (or at least they did last I checked).

I'd like to see something like Insurgency where you choose your standard kit based on a points system. Want an extra frag grenade because you're fighting cqb on Sumari then take less magazines etc etc. Some things should be default like having at least 1x smoke, 2x bandages and shovel but it would be nice to be able to tailor your kit based on the battle you're facing.

18 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

I'd like to see something like Insurgency where you choose your standard kit based on a points system. Want an extra frag grenade because you're fighting cqb on Sumari then take less magazines etc etc. Some things should be default like having at least 1x smoke, 2x bandages and shovel but it would be nice to be able to tailor your kit based on the battle you're facing.

I personally don't think it should be a point based system to change equipment like Insurgency has, or dealing with attachments at all.

What I'd like is an option for your primary weapon and a certain piece of equipment like choosing between the RPG-7 and RPG-26 on Russia. Weapons shouldn't be customised in the traditional game sense where you choose which attachments you want, there should be set weapons like we have now with the multiple US rifleman kits; M4 with aimpoint, M4 with ironsights and foregrip and limited M4 with ACOG.

At the most basic level this would functionally work the same as the current kit system but would be a lot cleaner. However, a change like this would make it easier to add weapons and equipment variations to the game without visual clutter or kit bloat.

Personally I'd like to see a custom. kit system that is based on points/carry weight/room with more broader kits - like Fire Support Role being a single kit, or alternative squad compositions, kind of like PR had a second version of a kit, except squad-wide, affecting not just the nature of the kits, but restrictions and availability of them to the squad, too.

47 minutes ago, Peerun said:

Personally I'd like to see a custom. kit system that is based on points/carry weight/room with more broader kits - like Fire Support Role being a single kit, or alternative squad compositions, kind of like PR had a second version of a kit, except squad-wide, affecting not just the nature of the kits, but restrictions and availability of them to the squad, too.

Really like the idea .