Lightly_Salted

The future of Armour - Specifically MBTs

Well, I feel like it's confirmed for the future of Squad that there will be 'heavier armour' involved. And personally, I cannot bloody wait. Having a relatively realistic, modern military tactical FPS, with excellent graphics and aesthetics, and then being able to crew an MBT? I can already feel tear coming from my eye the moment I see a 120mm cannon fire and kick up huge dust clouds... and the sounds...

Enough of the orgasmic thoughts. Onto my question; The one thing I think will ruin it for me, personally, is if they do not add tank interiors. I feel the role of a tank wont be firing the cannon at every possible moment, gunning it at high speeds and always being engaged in combat. I feel there will be periods of scouting and waiting for the right moment, or the right targets, if OWI play their cards right. I don't feel like this will be very immersive if we're constantly sat staring through a computer screen, it would be great if we could zone out for a second to take a look around the interior of the vehicle. And maybe, possibly, turn out of the vehicle too if we were a driver or commander? (The gunner can't turn out, and I doubt we will have a role for a loader as that will just be dreadfully boring :D

So, as stated, will we get tank interiors? To give us something pleasing to look at, to give us the immersion we need and want when driving a 60+ tonne vehicle around a dusty battlefield eradicating targets with unnatural force.

I mean, this is all based on a big 'IF', being if they add MBTs in the future in the first place.

Half the stuff about modern MBT's is still classified (armour thickness and such) so it might be hard to get the information needed to make an interior version, not to mention the many man hours needed to even realize it. Red Orchestra had interiors but only for 2 vehicles in the entire game that are from the second world war. Don't expect detailed vehicle interiors.

I don't think it's that classified. A simple google search provides more than enough inspiration to build from.

Regarding interiors though, it would be really cool if they were introduced. So 9 dudes in the back of the warrior looks like the transport truck. This probably isn't a priority but wow would it look good.

What I think should be higher up the priority list though, is the driving seat interior for the IFV's currently in the game. At the moment you just see a bunch of bland grey paint and it's not the nicest to look at. Much more pleasing to be on foot outside a warrior or a bradley and look at them from the outside.

Armored vehicles interior have been discussed alot in the fourms , and from what we know currently the devs said it must likely won't be a thing . and would totally be for that decsion. 

The main reason tank interiors are a problem is that they are extreme difficult to create and this would not only make for a huge waste of development resources for an "eye candy" feature , but further more would make modders that would like to create full factions work much more harder .

1 hour ago, liamNL said:

Half the stuff about modern MBT's is still classified (armour thickness and such) so it might be hard to get the information needed to make an interior version, not to mention the many man hours needed to even realize it. Red Orchestra had interiors but only for 2 vehicles in the entire game that are from the second world war. Don't expect detailed vehicle interiors.

It's not at all very classified. I know how it looks. Much of them look quite alike anyhow. 

I hope that appropriate crewmen can turn out, but I'll happily give up interiors. I saw how that cost RO2 dearly in the end, it wasn't worth it.