Gerardusnl0

V11 UE4-SQUAD crash at start

after the EAC loadbar, it gives me the UE4 crash screen. 

never since i bought squad (release day ea pretty much) has this happened, hell the SDK don't crash for me either.

i have cleared cache, reinstalled and verified 

specs: 

amd phenom X2  965 BE OC to 4.2GHZ 

8gb ram

SSD install

this better not be a damn SSE4.1 issue :(((((((((((((((((((((((( cause the game ran just fine before ( although huge performance decrease with v10, 25 fps from the usual 40-80 i had)  

I'm getting crashes every 5-10 minutes in game. I'm sending reports while I try and resolve the error. Looks like this is the crash line?

[2018.05.05-00.25.32:850][ 59]LogD3D11RHI:Error: Direct3DDeviceIMContext->Map(Texture,0,D3D11_MAP_READ,0,&LockedRect) failed 
 at d:\g\pipelines\release\S\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11RenderTarget.cpp:1110 
 with error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

I've tried clearing cache, verify files in Steam, full reinstall, upgrading GPU to current, rollback with DDU uninstall.

Literally can't figure it out...

I'm having the same problem as well, before the update my little GFX 670 (Yes that's correct Grandpas GPU) worked seamlessly and now seconds after the loading screen to the main menu it gives me the crash report. Very concerned. Send halp soon.

Anybody have any luck yet? Just got back to my PC after a few days and downloaded the update and getting the same problem.

Cleared cache, reinstalled and verified the files... no problems with my other ue4 games

I swapped out my GTX 670 with a GTX 680 and the new 397.64 drivers. Opened Squad fearing the worst yet again, however, got on the main title screen okay enough to brave the shooting range and finally, with a sighed relief joined a full server with lots of people. It worked for me and I am confused as much as everyone reading this is so this solution might be the reason. 

I'm going to test this more and if it was a driver issue then I'll swap back to my 670 and try again.