Posted (edited)

I don't about y'all but I had to share this, I believe it could be a good addition in the future for insurgent forces when MBTs and large caliber canons are implemented.

Terrorist and insurgent factions lack most conventional weaponry such as a fleet of tanks or other armored vehicles. I feel that this could add game play and balance if need be for the future of Squad, when trying to match up less advanced insurgent and terrorist factions against big strong and well equipped factions which naturally have the advantage. Outside of actually giving terrorist and insurgents tanks, which would kind of contradict their natural capabilities seen in the world. 

This example shows that terrorist and insurgent factions resort to innovative means of leveling the battlefield when they are denied access to the same technology and infrastructure of their adversaries. It is not expected that militants, terrorists and insurgents who lack any industrial infastructure be able to posses and maintain something like a IFV, or MBT.

As an alternative I present you with these photos.

I hope this post inspires the developers and if they did not know about this technology existing think about it for themselves, and how it could tie into the combined forces aspect of Squad, keeping true to the factions real life nature and allowing these smaller less equipped factions to match heavily armed adversaries in the theater of conventional warfare in future 50x50 game modes on larger playing fields.

Also in the wild there are most likely many more adaptations of weapon systems to pickup trucks and other common civilian vehicles across conflict regions today which may also have a place in Squad's future.

Thank you for reading, have a great day.

Source: http://www.americanmilitaryforum.com/forums/threads/3rd-world-modified-military-vehicles.1572/page-7

[IMG]

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

Edited by nathanhindle

I'll always be for improving the un-conventional armies , i want them to be fearsome and overpowered xD 

22 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

Well, now that the INS fighters look more like urban militants, it wouldn't actually be a stretch to give them a few actual tanks, namely T-55's.

But this is cooler

On 5/4/2018 at 10:14 PM, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

Well, now that the INS fighters look more like urban militants, it wouldn't actually be a stretch to give them a few actual tanks, namely T-55's.

13 hours ago, nathanhindle said:

But this is cooler

For the moment, until this suggestion is (hopefully) implemented, I'd like to see the insurgents receive equal amount of scout cars as their opponents have armored vehicles. So if Insurgents are fighting the Brits on Basrah, Brits get 3x warriors? then Insurgents should get 3x scout cars....

I must say that looks ugly as f..k ;-)

We would just like some tanks ;-)

Posted (edited)

Those BMP-1 main guns are basically shooting same projectile as SPG-9.

Might as well add more SPG technicals.

And ATGMs, and bomb trucks.

Edited by EcchiRevenge

VBIEDs are needed aswell tbh, but they are a bit controversial or something?

But yeh depending on the map, the suggestion above, or some really old tanks would be neat.