Sign in to follow this  
Randall172

G3 Damage

Posted (edited)

Is there any explanation on why the G3 does a fraction of the damage of the MMG/DMR even though they use the same bullet?

oh and make it a unlimited kit

oh and make the front post site mroe triangular

Edited by Randall172

Posted (edited)

The sight post is fine, it's exactly the same as the real one. Also last I heard it does 83 damage that is definitely not a fraction.

Edited by UrANiUM262

The G3 does 83 damage compared to the M110 that does 87, and the M240B which does 86 - That's fine.

It's a minimal difference, still 2 shots a full health player center mass - or x1 center mass + x1 limb , and 1 shot on pretty much anyone who was has less than 88% health due to bandage time + healing time.

The G3 also uses german equivalent round to the 7.62X51 Ball NATO round, and from memory is slightly less lethal compared to it.

The G3 is also a battle rifle that has lesser recoil compared to the M110 and M240B while standing and moving in ADS - Which give the G3 an advantage over the DMR or GPMG. The DMR and GPMG also need some pro's to give them use as they are very limited kits and very situational in use, so the slight damage increase over a fully automatic battle rifle is needed.

Posted (edited)
On ‎2018‎年‎5‎月‎4‎日 at 10:13 AM, Dubs said:

The G3 does 83 damage compared to the M110 that does 87, and the M240B which does 86 - That's fine.

It's a minimal difference, still 2 shots a full health player center mass - or x1 center mass + x1 limb , and 1 shot on pretty much anyone who was has less than 88% health due to bandage time + healing time.

The G3 also uses german equivalent round to the 7.62X51 Ball NATO round, and from memory is slightly less lethal compared to it.

The G3 is also a battle rifle that has lesser recoil compared to the M110 and M240B while standing and moving in ADS - Which give the G3 an advantage over the DMR or GPMG. The DMR and GPMG also need some pro's to give them use as they are very limited kits and very situational in use, so the slight damage increase over a fully automatic battle rifle is needed.

Here's an idea: Why not make G3 the scoped rifle option for INS? It would no doubt make the INS faction more varied compared to RU and MI. Otherwise the G3 role is simply not worth taking compared to medic and scoped AK74.

Edited by Noobgamer

OMG stop with the fk optics...G3 is very funny with iron sight..don t ruin another weapon

47 minutes ago, Tmac said:

OMG stop with the fk optics...G3 is very funny with iron sight..don t ruin another weapon

I agree the G3 would be overpowered with a scope. The SVD is enough optics for the ins.

I have only one issue with the G3, apart from it being crap overall (it's an old school battle rifle after all).

Try adjusting the sights for beyond 100m. Impossible to see anything. The rear peep doesn't blur like in real life, so it feels like you are sighting your enemy through a keyhole.

7 hours ago, Sparcany said:

I agree the G3 would be overpowered with a scope. The SVD is enough optics for the ins.

Maybe make scoped G3 like a alternative marksman weapon, but SVD will be standart DMR . So you will choose - G3 with optics OR SVD.

Posted (edited)

It would look funny to see all variant of each rifles with scopes kit and basic kit.

INS and Milita should be able to have M4/G3 scope kit available too. They can simply put it on other rifles. 

And it mostly makes players NOT rush the marksman as always.

Edited by Bonnie Money

Posted (edited)

Some have already alluded to this fact, but I will add my two cents for clarity.

Just because a firearm uses the same round, doesn't mean they will have the same ballistic properties. Things like barrel length, weapon weight, internal mechanisms (cycling, gas/piston system, etc), and the actually round itself (powder load, bullet [not to be confused with the entire round] weight, etc) can impact weapon performance. For those of us who have some experience with firearms, this is pretty common knowledge, but feel free to correct my thinking.

Edited by IronComatose

10 hours ago, XAHTEP39 said:

Maybe make scoped G3 like a alternative marksman weapon, but SVD will be standart DMR . So you will choose - G3 with optics OR SVD.

The giggle switch on the g3 makes it much more versatile than the SVD. The marksman would be much too powerful in cqb. Why would anyone choose the SVD over the g3 if both had scopes?

7 hours ago, Sparcany said:

The giggle switch on the g3 makes it much more versatile than the SVD. The marksman would be much too powerful in cqb. Why would anyone choose the SVD over the g3 if both had scopes?

Because someone really loves the SVD ;-) and it has better rate of fire and i am sure its more accurate.Dont get me wrong i love the G3 since BF but the low rate of fire is killing it.

31 minutes ago, Bahrein said:

Because someone really loves the SVD ;-) and it has better rate of fire and i am sure its more accurate.Dont get me wrong i love the G3 since BF but the low rate of fire is killing it.

The SVD is semi, the G3 is select fire...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sparcany said:

The SVD is semi, the G3 is select fire...

I know.The low rate of fire i was talking about is just for G3 in comparison to other rifles in game not in comparison to the SVD semi-automatic sniper rifle.

And also i used SVD in close combat fighting,firing it from the hip while clearing a house for example.

Edited by Bahrein

On 4-5-2018 at 4:13 AM, Dubs said:

16 hours ago, IronComatose said:

Just because a firearm uses the same round, doesn't mean they will have the same ballistic properties. Things like barrel length, weapon weight, internal mechanisms (cycling, gas/piston system, etc), and the actually round itself (powder load, bullet [not to be confused with the entire round] weight, etc) can impact weapon performance. For those of us who have some experience with firearms, this is pretty common knowledge, but feel free to correct my thinking.

To add:

Ammo intended specifically for machine gun use tends to be loaded a little hotter than standard. And roller delayed blowback systems like on the H&K G3 can be a bit more sensitive to the type of ammo (a somewhat lighter load could actually be better  and thus used as standard).

3 hours ago, Bahrein said:

I know.The low rate of fire i was talking about is just for G3 in comparison to other rifles in game not in comparison to the SVD semi-automatic sniper rifle.

And also i used SVD in close combat fighting,firing it from the hip while clearing a house for example.

If firing the SVD from the hip is viable in cqb, imagine how much more viable spraying a battlerifle on full auto with 20+1 rounds on tap would be in cqb.

19 hours ago, Sparcany said:

If firing the SVD from the hip is viable in cqb, imagine how much more viable spraying a battlerifle on full auto with 20+1 rounds on tap would be in cqb.

Yes i agree as i told you but the low rate of fire in full auto is the problem with the G3.

In cqb if i can choose i would always take the PPSH (as most of the time i do with the city like map) now thats a hot weapon for cqb ;-)