oTec

BTR82A vs Bradley/Warrior

Posted (edited)

Since the new update, i've been wondering about the BTR 82A.

Is the BTR 82A for the russians what the warrior is for the brits and the bradley for the US?

Is the 30mm supposed to go toe to toe with these or will russia get another vehicle?

Edited by oTec

The Warrior and Bradley are Infantry Fighting Vehicles, While the BTR-82A is a APC, but can be used in the role of an IFV if needed. Vehicles specifically designed for the IFV role, are generally more armored, as well have more defensive and offensive measures than an APC.

The RU counterpart to the Warrior and Bradley would be the BMP-3 type vehicles.

APC's and IFV's are very similar and can both be used for transport or fire support - but have their own primary roles and weapons and defenses to suit their primary roles.

10 minutes ago, Dubs said:

The Warrior and Bradley are Infantry Fighting Vehicles, While the BTR-82A is a APC, but can be used in the role of an IFV if needed. Vehicles specifically designed for the IFV role, are generally more armored, as well have more defensive and offensive measures than an APC.

The RU counterpart to the Warrior and Bradley would be the BTR-3 type vehicles.

APC's and IFV's are very similar and can both be used for transport or fire support - but have their own primary roles and weapons and defenses to suit their primary roles.

Alright, that clears it up. Thanks dubs.

9 minutes ago, oTec said:

Alright, that clears it up. Thanks dubs.

No worries, I was supposed to say BMP-3 not BTR-3, had a brain fart :P

10 minutes ago, Dubs said:

No worries, I was supposed to say BMP-3 not BTR-3, had a brain fart :P

Hah, yeah. Guess that this update will be the end of Russia's vehicle dominance. US/Brittain for now, untill the BMP's get added.

Asymmetry can be great! Finally, vehicles have flavor and are starting to be thing on battlefield you have to deal with caution. Yeah, Warriors/Bradlys are quiet a beast but good teamwork can still win! :) I hope, once BMP series show up, we won't see it on every layout as countermeasure to enemy IFVs.

I just had the round where we were insurgents on Kohat invasion layout (beautiful lighting btw!). We held first flag even as US had 3 Bradlys (i think?). With good SLs and teamwork, our team managed to hold first flag whole round! It was amazing!

38 minutes ago, fatalsushi said:

Will the 30mm cannon damage the Bradley from the front?

It does already. It didn't before and that was a bug.

8 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

I've seen a 30MM lay 25 rounds into the front of a warrior and getting taken out by 1 burst in return, so i doubt it. Although, this was after the first v11 patch so it might have been changed.

12 hours ago, Disco said:

Asymmetry can be great! Finally, vehicles have flavor and are starting to be thing on battlefield you have to deal with caution. Yeah, Warriors/Bradlys are quiet a beast but good teamwork can still win! :) I hope, once BMP series show up, we won't see it on every layout as countermeasure to enemy IFVs.

I wouldn't worry about the game losing asymmetry if the BMP-3 is introduced. Although it may look similar to the Bradley and Warrior the BMP has lighter armour and more fire-power than the others from what I understand.

Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if the Russians got BMP-2s along with BMP-3s later down the line since Militia wouldn't use the 3s. This would add some variety and asymmetry.

2 hours ago, oTec said:

I've seen a 30MM lay 25 rounds into the front of a warrior and getting taken out by 1 burst in return, so i doubt it. Although, this was after the first v11 patch so it might have been changed.

The warrior had bugged armor.

I tested a full mag of 30mil ap ammo on the front of a bradley, 78 hits, no damage, i saw them bounce off

14 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

No the white armor section of the bradley is impenetrable by EVERYTHING except a TOW

45 minutes ago, OVKHuman said:

No the white armor section of the bradley is impenetrable by EVERYTHING except a TOW

Thanks. How about the Warrior?