Sign in to follow this  
OVKHuman

New V11 name tags?

How do we all feel about this? I know i saw a steam discussion that quite hated them and i personally hate the new SL icon and the new color, your thought?

I must say i personally hate it the best tags was in v9 even if thy did not show.

This feal weird most of the time thy dont show then when thy show thy are to big.  

There's some weird stuff happening with the new nametag system. For instance my SL can be 3km away from me and I can clearly see our squad number encircled in gray when I point in his general direction. 

Hate it. Seems Battlefield 3d spot...horrible to see friendly nametag trough the walls and hills and see SL icon km away.

ADD NAMETAG DELAY FOR FRIENDLIES UP TO 50 MTS!!! REMOVE NAMETAGS FURTHER THAN 50 MTS AND THROUGH WALLS AND TERRAIN!

That´s much more realism all of a sudden! IFF becomes a required skill!

I agree with Bahrein. If there must be some nametags, the best Version was v9. 

But it would be the best for realism to remove namtags completely. I hate the nametags. The game would be great without that terrible nametags. 

Nametags are still WIP, some weird stuff happening where they show up when they shouldn't, and yes IFF with delayed tags is an interesting design talk.

However, Id like to point out to Pat888 that you can easily remove nametags by the settings menu.

We will probably add an option to also remove the SL icon from always showing.

However the SL icon change makes squad leading new players, much much easier. This is something to think about, but also flexibility for experienced players to play with a cleaner HUD

Best nametags are v9 nametags? Are you guys insane?

They are much better now. The delay is quite similar to what we had in PR, and it works pretty well.

Only 2 things that I think need to improve:

1 - the font is hard to read. Dunno why, I guess it has something to do with 3d rendering. PR had 1 pixel thick tags and were very easy to read. I like small tags, but I can't make them too small here.

2 - They need to be above the player's head at all times. At longer distances they become superimposed on the player, and it can get kinda confusing.

If those 2 issues are solved, game over. Perfect.

1 hour ago, Vegetal said:

Best nametags are v9 nametags? Are you guys insane?

Yeah I read that too and though... wut? 

1 hour ago, Vegetal said:

2 - They need to be above the player's head at all times. At longer distances they become superimposed on the player, and it can get kinda confusing.

Yeah this! I'm not a big fan of the "always showing the SL number" without being able to toggle it off, but it's easy enough to adapt to. 

7 hours ago, fuzzhead said:

We will probably add an option to also remove the SL icon from always showing.

Sounds good.

Other option I'd really like to see is a 'toggle' key for name tags.  I'd like to be able to play with tags off 90% and flick them on when i need to know names quickly.

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

Sounds good.

Other option I'd really like to see is a 'toggle' key for name tags.  I'd like to be able to play with tags off 90% and flick them on when i need to know names quickly.

Yeah, would love to see this option myself. I like to idea of being able to use it to better train myself on silhouettes, etc, not just rely on the tags. Flash cards, sorta, heh.