DesmoLocke

With more vehicles coming, does anyone else want an asset screen?

Project Reality had a really simple and helpful vehicle asset screen that displayed the vehicles for both teams including the quantity and their respawn times. Would you like to see something similar in Squad? Yay or nay?

Personally, I think it would be extremely helpful if it was taken one step further and included their ticket value.

Not sure why it would be useful as there is a setup time for each map,  you know the vehicles... personally would leave the spawn timer thing out of the game, there is to much respawn and grabbing assets to waste again and again.. providing a spawn timer would just increase that imo.. (waiting on the stryker so you send someone back to main to sit there)...  

No one cares about the ticket value in public games.. they just think they are madmax road warrior charging across the dessert shooting stuff.

no, keep focus on infantry.

If a crew loses a vehicle they can also know the respawn time and be ready to look for it appearing in main.

it sucks having people standing around and might even end up with a BF situation where people are fighting for vehicles when they spawn.

11 hours ago, suds said:

no, keep focus on infantry.

If a crew loses a vehicle they can also know the respawn time and be ready to look for it appearing in main.

it sucks having people standing around and might even end up with a BF situation where people are fighting for vehicles when they spawn.

But that's kind of the point. 

Tank squad loses their tank(s) and has to wait 15 minutes for new ones to spawn, so they take smaller support roles while they wait. In PR, they often grabbed a logi from main and did supply runs or took a transport out and mined areas, etc. If you were waiting around for a vehicle to spawn, then you were doing it wrong. Even saw some people get kicked for being AFK. 

Getting into V11 testing I've found myself really wanting this feature.

With new assets and layer tweaks each update it's hard to remember what you'll be facing when you get into a match. I see no reason this information shouldn't be presented to the player in-game.

the problem is that everyone sees the warrior/* about to spawn so they stand around in main and fight over it.

if a crew notes the time it was lost they can grab it without any rage.

+1 would like to have that yes

9 hours ago, suds said:

the problem is that everyone sees the warrior/* about to spawn so they stand around in main and fight over it.

if a crew notes the time it was lost they can grab it without any rage.

i dont think it will be an issue after we get tanks an such. Since then we get deticated tank squads, apc squads, so there wont be any fighting. Since you either gotta join one of the two squads if you want to do armor, or you'll get kicked for trying to take one and not being in the designated squad. Like PR .

On 5/3/2018 at 5:57 PM, Stom said:

Getting into V11 testing I've found myself really wanting this feature.

With new assets and layer tweaks each update it's hard to remember what you'll be facing when you get into a match. I see no reason this information shouldn't be presented to the player in-game.

You're not alone there. I know some new visual guides are on Chuc's agenda, and I've passed along the suggestion of getting it in-game. (Though UI a la PR would probably be a low priority for Renn, versus on-going UI work.)

I want this in game.

I also want to see tickets lost per squad in real time. It makes no sense that a Squad can just keep respawning at main to grab those vehicles and lose them b2b. If a squad like this cost the team 180 ticket worth of vehicles, the team needs to know this.....

2 hours ago, CptDirty said:

I want this in game.

I also want to see tickets lost per squad in real time. It makes no sense that a Squad can just keep respawning at main to grab those vehicles and lose them b2b. If a squad like this cost the team 180 ticket worth of vehicles, the team needs to know this.....

Yes please on the OP's idea.

I'd also like to see some accounting of a squads performance in real time, via tickets or another way. Show tickets gained and lost if you want to use tickets, which at this point is the sole metric of winning and losing. I'd like to know when the armor squad who boasts about their 40 kills actually cost the team more than a hundred tickets to get them. 

On 3.5.2018 at 9:33 AM, DesmoLocke said:

Project Reality had a really simple and helpful vehicle asset screen that displayed the vehicles for both teams including the quantity and their respawn times. Would you like to see something similar in Squad? Yay or nay?

Personally, I think it would be extremely helpful if it was taken one step further and included their ticket value.

That would be so nice, simple and useful.