Ethereum_Junkie

SUGGESTION: Very Simple Public Lobby Chat Interface

Hello,

I searched the forums for any similar suggestions to this and there was one back in 2017 but it is not quite what I am suggesting.

I am suggesting a public lobby chat that anybody who owns squad has access to as soon as they turn the game on. It doesnt have to be any more complex than a simple forum for people to talk into, for the purpose of being able to talk to other people who are waiting to join games. This will have many great effects, the KEY one being: no more 20/78 slots filled on servers when there are 4+ other servers with 78/78(+15). I am looking at an instance right now, everyone could join the server called "Ninjutsu Foundation" which has a lower ping than many of  the populated servers, but since that server only has 20/78 slots filled, everyone is more willing to wait in line on the server that already had 15 people waiting to join. People will be able to point out in chat that "hey, this server can be filled up if all of us waiting just join it". Among other things that t his would give to the community, this would greatly enhance being able to come home from work, fire up Squad and jump right in. Rather than waiting for that 15 player queue to tick down to 1...

Thanks for reading.

-Junkie

Server filling would be a nice benefit.

On a similar topic I think all chat should be persistent through server changes and in a space which allows chat to continue no matter what the server is doing. The main benefit of this is to the community, the most important part of any online game. Having this hosted outside of the game server would allow comments like, "has the server crashed?" and "wait a moment we are restarting" or "Join server X now for a mashup"

Your idea would be compatible with this chat persistence. Before you join a server you could be in the "local region" chat, eg EU, FR or UK, then on joining a server you switch to the "RIP server 1" tab and the previous chat tabs stop being refreshed to preserve your network time while in game. Within the game server you see the chat as usual but while a map is loading you can swap between server and region tabs to view ongoing chatter. 

Currently at the end of a game even saying "gg" is pointless as it is hidden behind the scoreboard.

1 hour ago, suds said:

On a similar topic I think all chat should be persistent through server changes and in a space which allows chat to continue no matter what the server is doing

+1 

I'll add that it should also be able to hide it in settings....So I can turn off all chat when playing and turn it back on again at the scoreboard...