Sign in to follow this  
Rainmaker

Kamdesh map and map UI in general

Posted (edited)

Played V11 for a bit, feels like very little small tweaks but heading into right direction, nothing too impressive as the game is still lacking in basic game mechanics.

New map Kamdesh is looking and feeling alright, but again, like on the snow map, the road system doesn't make any sense and should be fixed. The small helicopter in US main base made me laugh :) The gameplay is the same as in every other map, small area to take insignificant 50x50 meter square area ie. ""flag objective", forcing you to blob in and laser beam the enemy to submission. We need something like "frontline game mode" which I suggested here: 

Also when we open our maps we want to see more! Like a height, we want to see roads, hills and railroads marked on the map. We want to see wooded area marked on the map... etc. etc.

Edited by Rainmaker

a Territory Control layer is actually in A11 but apparently isnt working

Yeah im hoping AAS gets replaced by TC soon.

13 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

Also when we open our maps we want to see more! Like a height, we want to see roads, hills and railroads marked on the map. We want to see wooded area marked on the map... etc. etc.

I already do ?  .... or do you just want pretty names...

On this map I saw myself and others shooting at the enemy behind invisible rocks. The rocks sometimes displayed only when I was quite close. LOD problem?

rocks are fixed and just waiting on next hotfix.

as for road network, i know its abit crazy but its got a reason behind its madness and unlike belaya 90% of the roads lead to some sort of village where as roads on belaya are just different routes to the same location.

I still think the roads should play a bigger role, create some actual chokepoints, have areas where vehicles are actually forced to take the roads instead of being able to ignore them 90% of the time. Have less roads overall, spread out the objectives more instead of having them in a straight line (you'd still cap them in order but they would be in more "randomized" spots on the map).

I really liked Kamdesh.  I've only played on it once but I loved the terrain.  Kind of looks like the terrain from the movie Lone Survivor.

I did notice the invisible rocks, tried shooting someone on a hill but couldn't kill him.  Eventually got him :)  The new building are nice.  The fallen trees are good to set your HMG/AR on.  When there is no gun fire you can hear the birds chirping, airplanes overhead.  Very nice work!

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, embecmom said:

I already do ?  .... or do you just want pretty names...

I don't want pretty names, I don't know where did that came from. And you don't, because in the game nothing is marked on the map except grids. I want a topographic military map, with all the heights, roads, rivers, rail roads, woods etc. marked on the map. So I know how to position everyone in my squad. 

Something like this or better: main-qimg-6078592193584fecde4ffc360d0c4d

Also name tags in this version tells everyone if somebody is dead. The persons tag is white if he is dead. Thats completely unneccesary and spoon feeds players for an extremely easy situational awareness which adds up to madness.

Edited by Rainmaker

13 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

I don't want pretty names, I don't know where did that came from. And you don't, because in the game nothing is marked on the map except grids. I want a topographic military map, with all the heights, roads, rivers, rail roads, woods etc. marked on the map. So I know how to position everyone in my squad. 

Something like this or better: main-qimg-6078592193584fecde4ffc360d0c4d

Also name tags in this version tells everyone if somebody is dead. The persons tag is white if he is dead. Thats completely unneccesary and spoon feeds players for an extremely easy situational awareness which adds up to madness.

ok so you want pretty names... ;)  yea would give a little immersion to have areas named  ... but I like the white tags it means enemy thats hiding behind dead bodies or at a distance behind them you are no longer conflicted by friendly tags.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, embecmom said:

ok so you want pretty names... ;)  yea would give a little immersion to have areas named  ... but I like the white tags it means enemy thats hiding behind dead bodies or at a distance behind them you are no longer conflicted by friendly tags.

There are no pretty names in contour lines and hill heights. You are delusional.

Google pictures: https://www.google.hr/search?q=topographic+maps&num=30&client=chrome-omni&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=2ahUKEwjhoIy7qu3aAhWmsKQKHQJ3AfUQ_AUoAXoECAAQAw&biw=1920&bih=949

Edited by Rainmaker

On 5/3/2018 at 3:46 PM, ChanceBrahh said:

as for road network, i know its abit crazy but its got a reason behind its madness and unlike belaya 90% of the roads lead to some sort of village where as roads on belaya are just different routes to the same location.

These villages(or any other structure) need to be better shown on the map. Played Kamdesh a bunch last night and other than the flag point I was constantly checking the map when we arrived at some sort of houses, checkpoint/fob or ruins and failed to spot them on the map. guessing they blend in too much with the ground.

On 5/3/2018 at 5:33 PM, Guan_Yu007 said:

I still think the roads should play a bigger role, create some actual chokepoints, have areas where vehicles are actually forced to take the roads instead of being able to ignore them 90% of the time. Have less roads overall, spread out the objectives more instead of having them in a straight line (you'd still cap them in order but they would be in more "randomized" spots on the map).

This^

Vehicles need a to go slower offroad otherwise I see no reason to use them when you can simply blaze through most of the map unhindered. This makes mines and IED very ineffective as vehicles rarely come across them(other than your friendly vehicles of course...)

10 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

There are no pretty names in contour lines and hill heights. You are delusional.

I'm positive the pic you show has names on it?  but maybe I'm delusional.........